Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1551 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Can Plants revert from flower to veg state?

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Daddy
    I've never had a plant that has died from going from one state to the other,or visa versa... I've also had them veg back in three weeks or so,after harvesting them. When 1 sprout comes back after revegging. Along with the light cycle... Then budding or flowering stage is done. When I say done.... I mean as soon as you set the light or dark cycle then they stop flowering. In the past 7 years never a death,with revegging! >>>>>>>>

I should have just let it finish, I grew it inside for two months to give it a good jump start so I'd have a nice big plant by fall.

The six plants I have now went into flowering when they were about 18" tall and the only reason I can even think of was because they didn't get enough light, I had them under 24/7 but at that size I just kept them in a closet with a 26(100w) flouresent bulb at night and put them in the window during the day. Once I noticed the hairs I immediately increased the volume of light but it took like a month before they pulled out and seemed like it took a few more weeks to notice any real verticle growth so it set me back considerably because right now they would be much larger plus the growth area around where it started to flower was a real cluster mess of vegitation, I ended up just cutting it all out after it got larger. I started with 9 very healthy clones, three died but I can't say it was because of the re-vegging cycle, two of them are considerably smaller then the other four.
    I vege under an 18/6 light cycle 400w MH, ALL and I do mean ALL of my plants have hairs (Or sacks if I'm growing a male) Just because the plant has started to produce Pre Flowers doesn't mean that it's gonna start budding,... just that it's ready for the light switch.

I actually got a couple seeds from a male that I was veging for a friend pollenating one of my mother plants that I cut clones from!!! imp:

Quote Originally Posted by canniwhatsis
    I actually got a couple seeds from a male that I was veging for a friend pollenating one of my mother plants that I cut clones from!!! imp:
    How did you get seeds from a male plant?? I thought that the female plant was the only plant to give seeds.

3.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rudy2010
    That should work as long as the dark is longer than the light it should continue to bud.

I just started cutting my clones today. I hope the Sour Diesel is as good as the ones I had in the previous 3 years. I cloned the Chernobyl too. I still need to get to the Jack Herrer but it will have about 50 - 100 clones so will take a while. It is easy to focus on my veg and clone boxes now.

If you ain't ever grown Jack before..... You should know a few things about the strain.. It is a picky strain!! Love to have headroom! Takes about 12-14 weeks to finish flowering. Don't like alot of nutes so a scaled down nute schedule would be in order.As far as cloning... They are not the easiest strain to clone either.. All this comes from experience... I do miss Ole Jack! I lost the strain a few years back and am waiting on a buddy to harvest so I can get them and reveg... That's not a problem with Jack.. Jack will flower at 16 hours light.. So don't try and save a dime cutting the light back while growing Jack.. You'll be very dissapointed!

Have you read the Bonsai Re-Vegging thread? The link is in my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by donnachris
    How did you get seeds from a male plant?? I thought that the female plant was the only plant to give seeds.
    Yeah, that wasn't very clear, I got seeds on one of my mother plants because a male in my vege room pollenated her

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Trichome
    Have you read the Bonsai Re-Vegging thread? The link is in my signature.
    I had completely forgotten about that thread, just re-read it this AM. I actually have a Y plant here I harvested yesterday(finally). I'm a bit concerned about trying to bonsai the first girl b/c she was the one damaged by the falling pillow a few weeks ago. The stem is cracked from the bottom of the y on down almost an inch. I have 3 more candidates better suited for re-veg, in a month when they finish up.

Thanks for including that old link in your sig here, I should have bonsaid(sp)last Fall but got too lazy...lol, outdoor harvest time and then the holidays.
    \"There is nothing new under the sun\".

Quote Originally Posted by sunbiz1
    I had completely forgotten about that thread, just re-read it this AM. I actually have a Y plant here I harvested yesterday(finally). I'm a bit concerned about trying to bonsai the first girl b/c she was the one damaged by the falling pillow a few weeks ago. The stem is cracked from the bottom of the y on down almost an inch. I have 3 more candidates better suited for re-veg, in a month when they finish up.

Thanks for including that old link in your Sig here, I should have bonsaid(sp)last Fall but got too lazy...lol, outdoor harvest time and then the holidays.

Hey sunbiz, Rusty showed me the thread and i grew the re vegged plants outside after growing them out in winter. It gave me plants that grew to big, lol. The small buds i left on the plants gave me tons of crazy branch growth. So they grew into giant bushes that really didn't look like your typical MJ plant. The thread is in my Sig if ya might want to see just how big they can get, if you can just follow what Rusty does in his thread. Then you can plant them outside after they are in the veg stage. Of course the plants need to get used to the sun before going straight in the ground, but im sure you knew that.

I just really enjoyed Rusty's thread and methods. Plus if you have grown the plant, why not take advantage of a possible better yield and a possible mother plant. Iv re vegged every plant iv grown that i could, since reading the thread and last years outdoor grow. I have 4 in my tent now which i really messed up growing the first time around. So now il be re vegging for clones and then they will get grown outside, IF IT EVER STOPS RAINING. Sorry, im losing my mind with the stuff.

Good luck with the grow.......

LSY

Hey LSY,

I have just begun to notice new growth on the one I harvested a few weeks ago. I figure in a month it can go into the ground, just in time for peak June sun to really get it going.

Has the rain ceased?.

Have a good one!

Quote Originally Posted by LetsSeeYa
    Hey sunbiz, Rusty showed me the thread and i grew the re vegged plants outside after growing them out in winter. It gave me plants that grew to big, lol. The small buds i left on the plants gave me tons of crazy branch growth. So they grew into giant bushes that really didn't look like your typical MJ plant. The thread is in my Sig if ya might want to see just how big they can get, if you can just follow what Rusty does in his thread. Then you can plant them outside after they are in the veg stage. Of course the plants need to get used to the sun before going straight in the ground, but im sure you knew that.

I just really enjoyed Rusty's thread and methods. Plus if you have grown the plant, why not take advantage of a possible better yield and a possible mother plant. Iv re vegged every plant iv grown that i could, since reading the thread and last years outdoor grow. I have 4 in my tent now which i really messed up growing the first time around. So now il be re vegging for clones and then they will get grown outside, IF IT EVER STOPS RAINING. Sorry, im losing my mind with the stuff.

Good luck with the grow.......

LSY
    Still out there?.

Quote Originally Posted by sunbiz1
    Still out there?.
    Don't know whom you're talking about...

But in my personal experience, you carefully dig-out the entire rootball, trim the rootball with a sharp knife to easily fit in the new pot. Leave room for fresh potting soil, and be sure to cover the top inch or so of rootball with new soil to keep the top roots covered. Flush the pot well, (fill any voids after the flush) and pamper her (them) for a week or so. By pampering, I mean no nutrients and raise the lights a little. She'll be in shock for a few days, but you should start seeing the new growth in no time. Start nutrients once she (they) strat showing the new growth.

There's a re-veg thread in my signature.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast