Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1553 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Can Plants revert from flower to veg state?

Should do!

Weeze
    Everyt\'ing: http://cannabis.com/growing/index.html:thumbsup:

Plants do things for a reason..they don\'t just decide one day to get root rot or act funny. - Weedhound :clap:

\"It ain\'t what you don\'t know that gets you into trouble. It\'s what you know for sure that just ain\'t so.\"
    - Mark Twain

\"http://www.puyallup.wsu.edu/~linda%20chalker-scott/\"
    Mythbuster! Thanks to- Rusty Trichome

2.   Advertisements

That should work as long as the dark is longer than the light it should continue to bud.

I just started cutting my clones today. I hope the Sour Diesel is as good as the ones I had in the previous 3 years. I cloned the Chernobyl too. I still need to get to the Jack Herrer but it will have about 50 - 100 clones so will take a while. It is easy to focus on my veg and clone boxes now.

Quote Originally Posted by sunbiz1
    Hi all!

I need to re-visit this thread in hopes of another question being answered. The first plant(with the flower pic above)is seriously into flowering to the point of resin emission(smells great!). The other 3 are fine, those 3 will probably have to go into the ground at some point though. They have already been in 5 gallons of soil for a month, and another 6 months is much too long for the same soil. Other than a ton of LED bulbs, I have no indoor lighting system. So, I just moved my budding plant into a dark closet where it will remain in 13 hours of total darkness. Then I would obviously place it back into the south window for the remaining 11.

Think this will work to finish the job?

Thanks again for any input.

Biz
    That'll do it! Just don't forget to move the plant at about the same times,........ every day,..... for 3 months!!!!!! It get's OLD after the first month of moving her, I know!

Quote Originally Posted by rudy2010
    That should work as long as the dark is longer than the light it should continue to bud.

I just started cutting my clones today. I hope the Sour Diesel is as good as the ones I had in the previous 3 years. I cloned the Chernobyl too. I still need to get to the Jack Herrer but it will have about 50 - 100 clones so will take a while. It is easy to focus on my veg and clone boxes now.
    Same here, but it's a welcome change to have an unexpected Fall project in the Spring. I'm going to try a little cloning experiment just for fun. Many plant cuttings can successfully root when placed straight into potting soil. I'm going to give it a try. I take my cuttings underwater(2 person job)so that no air gets into the stalk. I'll use the root gel etc. and then into my starter soil I normally use for germinated seeds. Sounds like you have quite the handful there, good luck with the season!.

As for the flowering girl, she's coming along very slowly. I'm guessing it's still adjusting to a new schedule, not one yellowing leaf yet.

Peace
    \"There is nothing new under the sun\".

Quote Originally Posted by canniwhatsis
    That'll do it! Just don't forget to move the plant at about the same times,........ every day,..... for 3 months!!!!!! It get's OLD after the first month of moving her, I know!
    At this rate, it will take 14 weeks. Most of mine are done between 8-10(12 max)depending on the outcome I want.

Just wanted to update with some new pics, girls are coming along nicely:

I've found reveging takes a considerable amount of time for the plant to fully pull out of the budding cycle. I had a plant I put outside too early in the spring, it started to flower so I put it under 20 hours of light and it went into shock and died. I have some spring harvest plants that I'm going to just leave outside and see what they do after I cut off most of the buds.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Daddy
    I've found reveging takes a considerable amount of time for the plant to fully pull out of the budding cycle. I had a plant I put outside too early in the spring, it started to flower so I put it under 20 hours of light and it went into shock and died. I have some spring harvest plants that I'm going to just leave outside and see what they do after I cut off most of the buds.

I've never had a plant that has died from going from one state to the other,or visa versa... I've also had them veg back in three weeks or so,after harvesting them. When 1 sprout comes back after revegging. Along with the light cycle... Then budding or flowering stage is done. When I say done.... I mean as soon as you set the light or dark cycle then they stop flowering. In the past 7 years never a death,with revegging!

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Daddy
    For the reason you mentioned, I went in the opposite direction that I began this thread with. The results have been good thus far w/pistil growth after 10 days at 11.5 hours of direct sun. I should have turned lights on back in February in that bedroom to prevent them from pre-flowering. Your plant going into shock is interesting, someone posted here in another thread they leave their flowering plants in total darkness for 2 days(out of necessity)with no ill effects. Hopefully I'll never know the answer first-hand b/c I can't imagine drastic lighting changes being a good thing.

I've never had a plant that has died from going from one state to the other,or visa versa... I've also had them veg back in three weeks or so,after harvesting them. When 1 sprout comes back after revegging. Along with the light cycle... Then budding or flowering stage is done. When I say done.... I mean as soon as you set the light or dark cycle then they stop flowering. In the past 7 years never a death,with revegging! >>>>>>>>

I should have just let it finish, I grew it inside for two months to give it a good jump start so I'd have a nice big plant by fall.

The six plants I have now went into flowering when they were about 18" tall and the only reason I can even think of was because they didn't get enough light, I had them under 24/7 but at that size I just kept them in a closet with a 26(100w) flouresent bulb at night and put them in the window during the day. Once I noticed the hairs I immediately increased the volume of light but it took like a month before they pulled out and seemed like it took a few more weeks to notice any real verticle growth so it set me back considerably because right now they would be much larger plus the growth area around where it started to flower was a real cluster mess of vegitation, I ended up just cutting it all out after it got larger. I started with 9 very healthy clones, three died but I can't say it was because of the re-vegging cycle, two of them are considerably smaller then the other four.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast