Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1641 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Ques. regarding MacBook connecting to a TV??

I have a macbook with Leopard OS. All I need is to get the picture that is on my computer's screen onto the television (which is an LG 1080 & 120Hz & LED back lights... can't think of any more info for it than that at the moment). I am NOT trying to hook up the internet through the tv, just trying to get what is on my macbook screen onto the tv.
    I was told to use an HDMI cable with a white, small adapter (supposedly for macs).

Now obviously, the HDMI cable w/ adapter is NOT working.

What do I need to get (hardware) and how do I use it?

Pls help. If whoever reads this needs more info just let me know.

Feathers
    Feathers Reviewed by Feathers on . Ques. regarding MacBook connecting to a TV?? I have a macbook with Leopard OS. All I need is to get the picture that is on my computer's screen onto the television (which is an LG 1080 & 120Hz & LED back lights... can't think of any more info for it than that at the moment). I am NOT trying to hook up the internet through the tv, just trying to get what is on my macbook screen onto the tv. I was told to use an HDMI cable with a white, small adapter (supposedly for macs). Now obviously, the HDMI cable w/ adapter is NOT working. Rating: 5
    \"Curiouser and curiouser!\":weedpoke:
    ~Alice in Wonderland~

2.   Advertisements

Ques. regarding MacBook connecting to a TV??

Check out S-Video for an S-Video cable. Your graphics card should have a 7 pin connector so you can connect it to a TV. :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by Feathers
    I have a macbook with Leopard OS. All I need is to get the picture that is on my computer's screen onto the television (which is an LG 1080 & 120Hz & LED back lights... can't think of any more info for it than that at the moment). I am NOT trying to hook up the internet through the tv, just trying to get what is on my macbook screen onto the tv.
    I was told to use an HDMI cable with a white, small adapter (supposedly for macs).

Now obviously, the HDMI cable w/ adapter is NOT working.

What do I need to get (hardware) and how do I use it?

Pls help. If whoever reads this needs more info just let me know.

Feathers