Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1451 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

God's getting PO'd

FWIW my take on this is the Earth's magnetic field and atmosphere protect us from this solar activity. If communications become disrupted it will certainly cause inconvenience and in many cases serious problems.

It won't end us.

However, as always, if a solar flare was pointed directly at the earth, flame on. Get your SPF 8 million on . . . [attachment=o266356]

I can't control any of that, so I don't sweat it. Maybe being assigned to a nuke base and knowing as a primary target, you had 18 minutes before a sub based missile hit led me to adopt that philosophy. Maybe a lifetime of carefully laid plans going wrong and having to improvise made me feel the futility of trying to control what's to be. If I can't control it, I try not to let the possibility of it harsh my mellow. But that's just me.

2.   Advertisements

God's getting PO'd

Monday, 21-Feb-2011 23:42:05 GMT Current Solar Image
    from SOHO

Current Solar Flux report:
    SFI: 97 A-index: 7 K-Index: 2
    Report last updated: 21:11utc 21 Feb 11 Highs for Cycle 24
    Flux: 125 - 18 Feb 2011
    Sunspots: 103 - 20 Feb 2011
    Current Sunspot Count: 103
    Summary for the past 24 hours:
    No space weather storms were observed for the past 24 hours.
    Forecast for the next 24 hours:
    No space weather storms are expected for the next 24 hours.

Here is the current solar report... a solar flux of 97 and 103 sunspots! Very nice to see. The bands are hopping although sporadic with the absorption index of 7! I bet even the old CB has skip on it right now.

And look... The ionosphere is handling it nicely, we are not even under a space weather storm alert. The tops of trees are not burning. Satellites are still in orbit. The sky is still blue. It is a good day. All that media hype was a hoax. They should be ashamed scaring people like that.

Emmie

God's getting PO'd

But I'm MELTINg :lol5:

God's getting PO'd

Quote Originally Posted by gypski
    But I'm MELTINg :lol5:
    Yes, we all know about that . . .

[attachment=o266439]

:thumbsup:

God's getting PO'd

LOL

Yual ever hear the terminology "Run For the Hills" Yual be hopin I dont be runnin outa game with global warmin thing !

Just be figuren bush be full of game soon nuff when crap hits the fan. Be fillin the smoke hut with an all yu can eat attitude! Be like fish in the barrel yual be runnin right past! Hills be behind me!

Hey hun just figured out how we all be eatin come the end mighty fine ifin yual not to picky :thumbsup:

Ah no worries my pilgrem friends i dont waste game so I only be takin what i need. Wink wink

Love yual :thumbsup:this here be a great thread. Least i know now i aint goin hungry.

BWD

God's getting PO'd

Global Katrina Says the UK

Earth is overdue a solar storm as the sun enters its most active period

The world is overdue a ferocious 'space storm' that could knock out communications satellites, ground aircraft and trigger blackouts - causing hundreds of billions of pounds of damage, scientists say.

Astronomers today warned that mankind is now more vulnerable to a major solar storm than at any time in history - and that the planet should prepare for a global Katrina-style disaster.

A massive eruption of the sun would save waves of radiation and charged particles to Earth, damaging the satellite systems used for synchronising computers, airline navigation and phone networks.

'Global Katrina': Biggest solar storm ever could cause power cuts for MONTHS | Mail Online

God's getting PO'd

Roaches will overrun the world . . .

[attachment=o266494]

No, not those roaches . . .

These roaches.

[attachment=o266495]

:stoned:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Amount:

Enter a message for the receiver:
BE SOCIAL
GreenGrassForums On Facebook