Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1677 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Testing Pot for THC Content

I went to a Hemp Con in San Jose at the end of January and there were some folks there who were selling Marijuana test kits. They said the kit ($90) would allow you to see how much THC was in the weed and to see if there were any impurities. I was wondering if anyone had purchased this type of kit or a similar kit and if it was legit.

I have my doubts about the THC % given for various weeds at Harborside and other dispensaries and in seed catalogs. Some of the strains claim to be 25% to more than 35% THC. It is hard to believe that if I took a pound of White Widow that they claim to be 25% THC and processed it so I had just the pure THC that I would have any where near 1/4 pound. I was wondering if someone could explain exactly what they mean when they say 25% THC. Are they talking about the THC in the resin, the THC in the entire plant, are the other parts of the plant that get you high besides the THC included in this percentage?

Anyway the kit at the Hemp Con was like a bottle with test strips. You would look at the test strip and it would leave marks that look like a Rorschact (sp?) test that you need to interpet with a color gague. I am not sure of any more of the details.
    rudy2010 Reviewed by rudy2010 on . Testing Pot for THC Content I went to a Hemp Con in San Jose at the end of January and there were some folks there who were selling Marijuana test kits. They said the kit ($90) would allow you to see how much THC was in the weed and to see if there were any impurities. I was wondering if anyone had purchased this type of kit or a similar kit and if it was legit. I have my doubts about the THC % given for various weeds at Harborside and other dispensaries and in seed catalogs. Some of the strains claim to be 25% to Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

hhmmmm interesting i want one of those, just gonna browse the web to find out whether they work
    every day I smoke two joints when I wake up
    In the car I smoke two joints,I smoke two joints when I play video games
    And every 10,000 points I smoke two joints in time of piece
    And two in time of war I smoke two joints before I smoke two joints
    And then I smoke two more .

To be honest I am not that good at finding what I want out on the web. If you find some good information about testing please update this thread.

I would still like to know what they mean when they say 25% THC.

harberside sends all genetics to the same qualifier Testing facility) i thimk its like 90 bucks to have a gram annalized!
    Ground Up ... It\'s how good thing\'s grow!!!

I found a card in my bag from Hemmp Con that I believe was from the test folks. However when I go to the site www.capstoneanalytical.com listed on the business card I can't find any information on Marijuana test kits or anything of that nature. I admit I am not that good at finding exactly what I want on the internet so if someone else can find the location of this information please put the link in this thread.

There was an email address on the card and I have emailed that person and will let you if I am able to get more information that way.

With all the discussions concerning carcinogens and the burning of cannabis, it makes me wonder if a study has been done on the difference in carcinogen content between hashish and unrefined, raw dried bud material.

I would wager that hashish is better to smoke then raw bud. Less plant material, more medicinal quality medicine with THC/CBD, etc. :twocents:

I use organic soil, Bhudda grow and Bhudda Bud which are supposed to be organic as well. So I believe my leaves don't contain a bunch of extra chemicals. Most legitimate studies (there are very few) show that smoking pot is not near as bad a carcinogen as cigarettes and that smoking pot does not lead to enphyzema as tobacco can.

There is obvously something to be said for not smoking more than may be necessary to get high. If you are really worried about it you would only use a vaporizer to smoke. That is obviously not realistic for heading out to the woods and enjoy a doob while taking in the view. They make funky vapor pipes but it definitely does not compare to a volcano or other quality vapor machine which is not really portable.

You do bring up a good point that I had never thought of.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy2010
    I went to a Hemp Con in San Jose at the end of January and there were some folks there who were selling Marijuana test kits. They said the kit ($90) would allow you to see how much THC was in the weed and to see if there were any impurities. I was wondering if anyone had purchased this type of kit or a similar kit and if it was legit.

I have my doubts about the THC % given for various weeds at Harborside and other dispensaries and in seed catalogs. Some of the strains claim to be 25% to more than 35% THC. It is hard to believe that if I took a pound of White Widow that they claim to be 25% THC and processed it so I had just the pure THC that I would have any where near 1/4 pound. I was wondering if someone could explain exactly what they mean when they say 25% THC. Are they talking about the THC in the resin, the THC in the entire plant, are the other parts of the plant that get you high besides the THC included in this percentage?

Anyway the kit at the Hemp Con was like a bottle with test strips. You would look at the test strip and it would leave marks that look like a Rorschact (sp?) test that you need to interpet with a color gague. I am not sure of any more of the details.
    THC percentages really dont mean much of anything. When the government tests for THC they test for THC against all the other cannabinoids. This means that out of all the Cannbinoids found, CBD, CBN, etc.. 25% of them were THC. I think they do it by weight also. But it doesnt tell you how much THC is really there. It just tells you the composition of the trichomes but it doesnt tell you by weight that in a pound of weed you'll find a quarter pound of THC. Im guessing that the strongest marijuana is only like .01% or something infinitesimally small like that when you compare THC to plant material
    \"The only thing constant in the universe is change. If you\'re up you\'re going to be down tomorrow. If you\'re down you\'re going to be up....... You start on a journey and the most exciting part of your journey is the twist and turns where you dont know what\'s coming next. If you do know what\'s coming next there is something in the universe that will change that.\" - Tommy Chong - \"Words of an old pot head\"

Thanks for the information. I figured that it had to be something like that. I guess I will just stick to the tested method. Smoke each new strain for about 2 or 3 days then try another strain for 2 or 3 days and it becomes obvious which is better. I had over 25 strains last year so it took months of chronic smoking to rank all the strains. In addition to THC taste is very important and there is no other testing for that.

My wife kept saying I was smoking too much but I just had to.

yea.. Im more into taste.. and the quality of the high rather than how high you actually get. One thing you can take from them saying a strain is 25% THC.. you can kind of assume what the QUALITY of the high is especially if you know the THC/CBD/CBN ratios. High THC low Cbd is more of a psychedelic.. mind high. I like sativa dominant hybrids that have a unique, smooth taste and smooth high. I'm not really into those super potent two hitter quitter strains.
    \"The only thing constant in the universe is change. If you\'re up you\'re going to be down tomorrow. If you\'re down you\'re going to be up....... You start on a journey and the most exciting part of your journey is the twist and turns where you dont know what\'s coming next. If you do know what\'s coming next there is something in the universe that will change that.\" - Tommy Chong - \"Words of an old pot head\"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast