Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1535 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Testing Pot for THC Content

Wish I would have read the whole thread, sorry MD you covered the % thing great already.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy2010
    I went to a Hemp Con in San Jose at the end of January and there were some folks there who were selling Marijuana test kits. They said the kit ($90) would allow you to see how much THC was in the weed and to see if there were any impurities. I was wondering if anyone had purchased this type of kit or a similar kit and if it was legit.

I have my doubts about the THC % given for various weeds at Harborside and other dispensaries and in seed catalogs. Some of the strains claim to be 25% to more than 35% THC. It is hard to believe that if I took a pound of White Widow that they claim to be 25% THC and processed it so I had just the pure THC that I would have any where near 1/4 pound. I was wondering if someone could explain exactly what they mean when they say 25% THC. Are they talking about the THC in the resin, the THC in the entire plant, are the other parts of the plant that get you high besides the THC included in this percentage?

Anyway the kit at the Hemp Con was like a bottle with test strips. You would look at the test strip and it would leave marks that look like a Rorschact (sp?) test that you need to interpet with a color gague. I am not sure of any more of the details.
    I WILL TEST IT FOR YOU BRO!

3.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rudy2010
    I went to a Hemp Con in San Jose at the end of January and there were some folks there who were selling Marijuana test kits. They said the kit ($90) would allow you to see how much THC was in the weed and to see if there were any impurities. I was wondering if anyone had purchased this type of kit or a similar kit and if it was legit.

I have my doubts about the THC % given for various weeds at Harborside and other dispensaries and in seed catalogs. Some of the strains claim to be 25% to more than 35% THC. It is hard to believe that if I took a pound of White Widow that they claim to be 25% THC and processed it so I had just the pure THC that I would have any where near 1/4 pound. I was wondering if someone could explain exactly what they mean when they say 25% THC. Are they talking about the THC in the resin, the THC in the entire plant, are the other parts of the plant that get you high besides the THC included in this percentage?

Anyway the kit at the Hemp Con was like a bottle with test strips. You would look at the test strip and it would leave marks that look like a Rorschact (sp?) test that you need to interpet with a color gague. I am not sure of any more of the details.
    Back in the 70's, there used to be a package of clear gel that measured the THC. It was seperated by another compartment of gel. Anyway, you would cut the top of the package in section of gel and place a small amount of bud in it. Then you would "crack" the center divider and shake the first compartment (containing the bud) into the 2nd compartment. The gel would turn red. The deeper the color of red, the stronger the weed. Pink meant swag. Orange meant mids and a rich crimson was definetly high grade.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123