Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1620 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Testing Pot for THC Content

I used to say that if they say the weed has a cerebral high (sativa) that means you have to think about it to see if you are high. Weed that has a body high (indica) is the only really good product. However I have tried some sativas that are just so stony it does not matter that it is not a body high. White Widow and the Lambs Bread I had three summers ago changed my mind. Now I want the strongest high period regardless of the genetics of the strain. But taste is also always important. This year I am going to try Chernobyl, Jack Herrer (though I have heard many bad reviews), UK Cheese for sure which I already have and some others if I can find them in my area. I have been looking for Bliss, Chocolate Chunk, Sensi Star, Nor Cal Daddys Girl, Chem Dawg C4, Kens Grand Daddy and Casey Jones. I will update the forum on what I end up with.

2.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rudy2010
    I had over 25 strains last year so it took months of chronic smoking to rank all the strains.
    Color me green (jealous) I sure miss California. Up here in the PNW we only grow indoors. Can't do 25 strains like that.

One of things that struck me in going over scientific papers that deal with THC and cannabiniods, is that they (scientists) use a decarbboxylation process to convert THCa into THC. This may occur to some degree when smoking it and probably more when vaporizing it. But how completly, I'm not sure.

OM

How much THCa is converted probably varies from strain to strain as well. I get really stoned when using a vaporizer this makes me wonder if there are some strains that work better in the vaporizer and some that work better when burned at a higher temperature. Also the degree of dryness could affect how much conversion is happening. Just thinking too hard.

Effendi I actually started last season with about 37 strains. It was hard to keep track at the end even though I made a list. I went by the calendar and not the weather report for putting them out and lost several strains to frost or they just triggered and made one OZ or less. I won't make the same mistake this year. Outdoors is nice but there is a learning curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Groundup
    harberside sends all genetics to the same qualifier Testing facility) i thimk its like 90 bucks to have a gram annalized!
    Harborside sends there tests to Steephill labs, which they have a vested interest in. Their results are never correct - we tested 30 of their tested products and came up with completely different numbers.
    MDFinest is correct, they give a test a result out of all the Cannbinoids found, CBD, CBN, THC, etc.. then give a false percent of the total Cannbinoids, not total material.

I would also guess those number the average grow dose not see. The plant is push to the max to get the highest number possible letting us think that we can get that high THC number and buy their seeds. Maybe I wrong just my 2cent.

I want to get the highest THC and CBD content. Does that mean hybrids. Anyone have any high CBD or high CBD and high THC strains they can recommend.

It is not hard to produce weed that is extremely stony. It is hard to produce weed that is extremely stony and tastes great after being stored.

Sometimes I wonder if this testing is all that accurate. One plant can vary from another in appearance even if they are genetically the same. So can't the level of thc vary from plant to plant?

Faultline, THC definitely can vary on the same plants even from the same clone mother. Especially if the harvest time varies. I use a microscope to verify that at least 5% of the trichomes have clearly turned brown or amber. I do this to make sure the THC is ready. If you harvest the same plant earlier it will definitely have less THC.
    It may have more CBDs though. Or possibly the CBDs show up before the THC so folks that just want the CBD effect can avoid the THC high. Not sure on all this CBD stuff but willing to listen. I am wondering if folks know of strains that are high in THC and CBDs. I like the effects of both.

THC, CBD, CBN all are cannibioids, they all have variable effects on each individual and modify each other as well. I think that when tests are done on any one strain/variety the percentage they are referring to when they state that "this is 25% THC", is that of all the cannibinoids present, that 25% of the cannibinoids are THC. The final makeup of just how much of each goes into your plant is genetics, we can harvest to optimize one or the other though. I have been trying to adjust my vaporizer as I was told that you could perhaps vape at lower temps for the THC and raise it up later for the CBNs, not sure how this would work as both molecules are so nearly identical.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast