Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1579 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

5th week flower and smaller bud leaves bright yellow

Your Equipment:
    .1) Type and wattage of lights. (MH, HPS, CFL's, tube fluorescents, LED's)400watt hps w/4 25 watt cfl
    .2) Distance from tops?.. 12"
    .3) Reflector type? (cool tube set-up, bat wing, enclosed reflector, bare bulb...) cool tube w/reflecter
    .4) Is there a consistent fresh air supply? yes
    .5) Do you have an exhaust fan and a circulation fan? yes
    .6) What are the bulb wattages, kelvin ratings, and schedule? 500 watt all together on 12/12

Your medium:
    .7) Specific brand and type of soil, (coco, peat based soilless...) and anything you've added to it. (vermiculite, perlite, worm castings...) roots organic aurora
    .8) Size of container? 3gallon pots
    .9) Did you use peat pucks (or similar) to root clones or germinate seedlings? germinated
    Your nutrients and water:
    10) Source of water? (tap, bottled or filtered) What's it's ph before adjusting? tap and bottle jus noticed the tap ph is 8
    11) Method of checking water ph. (ph pen, test strips, aquarium test kit...) liquid ph
    12) Method of adjusting water ph. (phosphoric acid, white vinegar, hydrated lime, PH Up...) gen hydro ph down
    13) Specific brand and N-P-K ratio for each bottle. List dosages (quantity per gallon) and current feeding schedule? peace of mind fruit and flower 5-8-4...sensibloom a 4.3-0-3.1 sensibloom b 1.5-6.1-5.7 big bud 0-15-40 feed 1 a week
    14) How often are you watering between feedings, and how much per watering?wate every 2 to 3 days only using 1 1/2 liters for each 3 gallons
    15) Any additives or tea's? (Superthrive, CalMag, molasses, Mother's Earth...)no !
    16) Are your ph levels stable, or do they fluctuate? 6.5 to 7 in soil
    17) What is your ingoing water's ph? been kinda high around 8
    18) Do you foliar feed? If so, with what, how often, and at what time do you spray? no

Your growroom:
    19) Indoors or outdoors? indoors!!
    20) What size of closet, room or hut? 4x4x10
    21) What are the temps and humidity levels while lights are on? light on 77-81 lights off 68
    22) Have you seen signs of insects in the growroom? no !

Your strain:
    23) What strain are you growing? (Indica dominate or Sativa dom?) sativa mix
    24) From seeds or clones? seed
    25) Is this an autoflower strain? no

this is not my first grow but really first time using nutes....Im at most sure i didnt over do it and burn as the signs to me look to be nute lock up due to high ph from my tap water and makin it a iron def. i would like and another opinion on this situation to help fix my problem.......

yellowing is occuring only in new and small flower leaves none in the older fan leaves so im pretty positive it isnt a nitrogen def. theres alot of leaves that are completely yellow starting from the stem moving its way to the tip of the leaf and the others that only start from the tips and wrk their way back.......so if anyone can help it be greatly appreciated and i will respond to each post if i left anything out for ya...........................................
    rastagrow Reviewed by rastagrow on . 5th week flower and smaller bud leaves bright yellow Your Equipment: .1) Type and wattage of lights. (MH, HPS, CFL's, tube fluorescents, LED's)400watt hps w/4 25 watt cfl .2) Distance from tops?.. 12" .3) Reflector type? (cool tube set-up, bat wing, enclosed reflector, bare bulb...) cool tube w/reflecter .4) Is there a consistent fresh air supply? yes .5) Do you have an exhaust fan and a circulation fan? yes .6) What are the bulb wattages, kelvin ratings, and schedule? 500 watt all together on 12/12 Your medium: .7) Specific brand and Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Well done, sir!

You not only covered everything, you diagnosed it for us too. :thumbsup:

Seriously, I think you nailed it.
    Looks like PH lockout to me.

Might wanna wait for a more expert opinion, though.
    I'm jus' goin' by things I've read and pictures viewed.

(Best to limit important advice to stuff I have first hand knowledge of, yah?)

But your diagnosis looks spot-on and PH 7 is too high for soil.

I have yet to be in those shoes so I'll hang around and learn how to fix it here.

Aloha and good luck.
    Weezard

I have some questions to make things clear.
    How are you mixing those nutrients? Are you controlling EC?
    Are you also giving 1,5 liter of water for feeding too?

My thoughts,
    1,5 liter water looked not enough for 3 gallon pots to me. Probably water isn't going equal in the pot. Only top half of the soil is getting wet enough I guess. And if you consider most of the roots are in deep, here we can find something connected maybe.
    I'm in 5th week too and giving 5 liters of water/food to 3 gallons. And waiting until it gets dry (4-6 days. Usually they drink out everything in 3-4 days.) Yours are getting only half of it.

I don't know much about PH things but I don't agree with Weezard here. 6.2-6.8 is ideal I thought. 6.5-7 looks OK by that scale. 7 is a bit high but not "too". Also consider, PH solution you used for monitoring so it can be little less or more and half point can change everything.

All I said but I'm nothing more than Weezard here, so wait for more responds.
    I'll hang and learn too

damn i really didnt think about that it does seem more ideal, more water more drainge through espically if im only using half amount of water that you use....but as i was using the sensi bloom, i mixed 1ml of each a and b to each liter and the big bud i use jus a small pinch almost barley...basically i do water them every other day and only on tuesdays i feed....

Quote Originally Posted by rastagrow
    damn i really didnt think about that it does seem more ideal, more water more drainge through espically if im only using half amount of water that you use....but as i was using the sensi bloom, i mixed 1ml of each a and b to each liter and the big bud i use jus a small pinch almost barley...basically i do water them every other day and only on tuesdays i feed....
    If the water coming out from the drainage then you're ok with it. Just be careful about over watering then. Feel the soil dry and then water again.

That big bud looks like to use for last weeks. If you're not checking your EC values, I suggest stop mixing them. Sensi looks ok, use as recommended.

By this table looks like you're not giving enough. Specially Nitrogen. big bud don't have it at all and 1ml sensi per liter is like nothing by this table. Use somewhere in the middle first, if you feel comfortable you can raise it. 1000-1800 PPM is the range for optimal use. I suggest use more sensibloom a to recover Nitrogen. After that return to normal schedule.
    [attachment=o263888]

I couldn't find detailed info about your soil but looks like it doesn't have enough nutrients in it. So, you're ok with recommended usage of this nutrients.
    Again, beware of over watering. Decide on big bud after a couple of weeks.

rite on i appreciate the info ill let ya know how things go after they get a good cycle of water through them...i feel kinda dumb only givin them enough water to in order to jus survive rather then the actual amount to cycle the nutes through....