Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1893 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fan leaves turning yellow, PLZ help!

Hi,
    I'm growing outdoor, and i've encountered a problem with my plant!
    It is in the 5th week of flowering, i'm getting a little bit concerned.
    any suggestions?
    JamboJones Reviewed by JamboJones on . Fan leaves turning yellow, PLZ help! Hi, I'm growing outdoor, and i've encountered a problem with my plant! It is in the 5th week of flowering, i'm getting a little bit concerned. any suggestions? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JamboJones
    Hi,
    I'm growing outdoor, and i've encountered a problem with my plant!
    It is in the 5th week of flowering, i'm getting a little bit concerned.
    any suggestions?
    I see just a touch of pale green on a few leaves...

What exactly is your concern?
    Do you know the strain? Flowering times?
    When was the most recent transplant/up-pot?

She looks a little thin if she's only an 8-9 week strain, but I don't really see much of anything going wrong here. :i feel stupid:

IMO it looks totally normal:thumbsup:. It looks like the yellow is starting with the older fan leaves??? Your leaves are going to yellow as the plant comes to the end of its life, its normal. I would just stick it out, it really doesn't look like you have a problem. Did you use nutes and are you still??? If you want to see what your older fan leaves will most likely do, check out my log in my sig...Some won't yellow as bad as the one in my log but it depends on the strain and many other factors too. Yellowing is not always a bad thing:thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by DogtowN
    I see just a touch of pale green on a few leaves...

What exactly is your concern?
    Do you know the strain? Flowering times?
    When was the most recent transplant/up-pot?

She looks a little thin if she's only an 8-9 week strain, but I don't really see much of anything going wrong here. :i feel stupid:
    hi,
    thanks for replying so fast,
    The thing is i don't know what strain it is, it's just from a seed we found in something we bought, as i mentioned before "she" is in her 5th week of flowering and i guess it will be between 4-7 week until she'll be ready for harvest.

Quote Originally Posted by jon420
    IMO it looks totally normal:thumbsup:. It looks like the yellow is starting with the older fan leaves??? Your leaves are going to yellow as the plant comes to the end of its life, its normal. I would just stick it out, it really doesn't look like you have a problem. Did you use nutes and are you still??? If you want to see what your older fan leaves will most likely do, check out my log in my sig...Some won't yellow as bad as the one in my log but it depends on the strain and many other factors too. Yellowing is not always a bad thing:thumbsup:
    Hi,
    I'M using BioBizz nutes. (Bio-Heaven, Bio-Grow, Bio-Bloom, Top-Max)

A few days ago i flushed her with water because i tought she's got a PH problem, and now i'm waiting for the soil to dryout so i can't fert her again.

I am concerned because i saw some amazing growing pictures of plants that are ready to harvest and the fan leaves are still dark green.

another this is that she has full day light from 07:30-17:00 that's 9:30 hrs.
    is that a problem?

hi,
    thanks for replying so fast,
    The thing is i don't know what strain it is, it's just from a seed we found in something we bought, as i mentioned before "she" is in her 5th week of flowering and i guess it will be between 4-7 week until she'll be ready for harvest.
    It could be longer or shorter than that too so dont be suprised if it is. Are you basing harvest on looks or trichomes through a scope???:smokin:

It could be longer or shorter than that too so dont be suprised if it is. Are you basing harvest on looks or trichomes through a scope???:smokin:
    trichomes :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    i've got a x100 microscope, and i've checked my :weedpoke: and most of them are milkey white, the rest is clear!

i know it could take up to 7 weeks, i've got time, no hurry!

b.t.w, DogtowN mentioned that she looks a little bit thin for 5 weeks of
    flowering, and i guess i tend to agree, is that because of the strain?
    or am i doing something wrong? does the fact that she has only apprx. 10hrs of light and it's like 13C degrees at night, are these parameters affect the yield?

trichomes :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    i've got a x100 microscope, and i've checked my :weedpoke: and most of them are milkey white, the rest is clear!

i know it could take up to 7 weeks, i've got time, no hurry!

b.t.w, DogtowN mentioned that she looks a little bit thin for 5 weeks of
    flowering, and i guess i tend to agree, is that because of the strain?
    or am i doing something wrong? does the fact that she has only apprx. 10hrs of light and it's like 13C degrees at night, are these parameters affect the yield?
    I cannot really judge the size of your plant based on pictures, sory. The light and temperature could very well cause an issue with the yield. What are the temps like during the day?

As for your trichome development, that is good that you are using the microscope. Are you looking to get a certain high out of the smoke, like couch-lock or more cerebral and energetic???

I cannot really judge the size of your plant based on pictures, sory. The light and temperature could very well cause an issue with the yield. What are the temps like during the day?

As for your trichome development, that is good that you are using the microscope. Are you looking to get a certain high out of the smoke, like couch-lock or more cerebral and energetic???
    The plant is linke 72cm high, i pruned it once at about 3 weeks of grow,
    There is a clear day light, without clouds, apprx. 19-22C, direct sub light from 08:00-16:00.
    Regarding to the smoking affect, i'm looking for HeadHigh, don't like the couchlock affect, too much for me :jointsmile:

The plant is linke 72cm high, i pruned it once at about 3 weeks of grow,
    There is a clear day light, without clouds, apprx. 19-22C, direct sub light from 08:00-16:00.
    Regarding to the smoking affect, i'm looking for HeadHigh, don't like the couchlock affect, too much for me :jointsmile:
    If you're looking for the head-high then you're going to want to harvest when the trichomes are all to mostly cloudy. When amber trichomes start to develop and show, that means THC is degrading and the couchlock affect starts to take place.

Cloudy Trichomes=Head high
    Amber Trichomes=Couchlock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast