Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1695 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Scientific explanation for Ghosts?

I don't believe in the supernatural, likely because I've never experienced anything supernatural. However, my girlfriend is an absolute believer, claiming she saw a ghost when she was 15. Any attempts to try and reason with her gets her angry, and then we get in an argument. She's level headed, extremely bright, and a college graduate. But when it comes to ghosts... :wtf:

So what do you guys think of this?

There may be an explanation for things like ghosts and hauntings. And it's not your mind simply playing tricks on you.

Are you hearing weird sounds, briefly seeing ghostly images, feel a presence in the room with you, or an inexplicable and sudden sense of overwhelming fear?

It just might be infrasound.
    A scientific explanation for ghosts

Claims it's infrasound... Sound so low we can't hear it, but we can feel it and it affects us.
    BadFrankie Reviewed by BadFrankie on . Scientific explanation for Ghosts? I don't believe in the supernatural, likely because I've never experienced anything supernatural. However, my girlfriend is an absolute believer, claiming she saw a ghost when she was 15. Any attempts to try and reason with her gets her angry, and then we get in an argument. She's level headed, extremely bright, and a college graduate. But when it comes to ghosts... :wtf: So what do you guys think of this? A scientific explanation for ghosts Claims it's infrasound... Sound so low we Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BadFrankie
    I don't believe in the supernatural, likely because I've never experienced anything supernatural. However, my girlfriend is an absolute believer, claiming she saw a ghost when she was 15. Any attempts to try and reason with her gets her angry, and then we get in an argument. She's level headed, extremely bright, and a college graduate. But when it comes to ghosts... :wtf:

So what do you guys think of this?

A scientific explanation for ghosts

Claims it's infrasound... Sound so low we can't hear it, but we can feel it and it affects us.
    I believe in infrasound I guess after reading that, but I don't think that it explains all paranormal phenomenon. I have seen one ghost in my lifetime, and I have heard another laughing(two different phenomena) . My mother earlier saw the one that I heard laughing, and later heard the same laughing that I did. I trust my eyes and my ears and my mother. So, how to explain it?

It goes back to the metaphysical for me and my way limited way of reasoning out this thing we call life. They say that nothing is real, and that if you look deep enough, all that we and everything we know of, is simply a collection of energy that happens to be resonating in a way that makes it appear to be real and solid in this physical plane of existence. I believe that each of us creates our own individual reality with our thoughts and intentions. The world you live in is not the same world that I live in, as our perceptions and ways of dealing with what we see around us are different. So, while we live on this earth we are constantly creating a small bit of reality around us with the energy of our thoughts and our intentions that merge with the other energies around us, causing things to exist.

I further believe that given the right circumstances, usually highly emotionally charged events, that we can leave echoes of our life in a situation, a place or an object. The force of our emotions at that particular time are so strong that they become a part of that place or situation or object. Emotional energy is real, and science tells us that energy can not be destroyed. It has to go somewhere, and these echoes, this left over energy, are what the living people later on can see and interpret as paranormal phenomena... not quite real and manifest in our physical world, but definitely there.

Anyway, who knows? If anyone came up with a definite answer for this, I am sure that the world would erect a statue in their honor or form a religion around it. Ghosts have always been one of my favorite topics for a good stone or around a campfire though. Enjoy!

Emmie

Only thing I know about ghosts is I'm not real keen on being one . . .

Heck, I don't need scientific proof! I have experienced a few ghost's in my lifetime and as a matter of fact we have a couple in the house I live in right now. One of them we think is a cat.
    When we go to bed and start to drift off, there's this feeling we get when a cat is pawwing the blankets. But when you go to look, there's no freakin cat there! Happens all the time..

Quote Originally Posted by emilya
    I believe in infrasound I guess after reading that, but I don't think that it explains all paranormal phenomenon. I have seen one ghost in my lifetime, and I have heard another laughing(two different phenomena) . My mother earlier saw the one that I heard laughing, and later heard the same laughing that I did. I trust my eyes and my ears and my mother. So, how to explain it?

It goes back to the metaphysical for me and my way limited way of reasoning out this thing we call life. They say that nothing is real, and that if you look deep enough, all that we and everything we know of, is simply a collection of energy that happens to be resonating in a way that makes it appear to be real and solid in this physical plane of existence. I believe that each of us creates our own individual reality with our thoughts and intentions. The world you live in is not the same world that I live in, as our perceptions and ways of dealing with what we see around us are different. So, while we live on this earth we are constantly creating a small bit of reality around us with the energy of our thoughts and our intentions that merge with the other energies around us, causing things to exist.

I further believe that given the right circumstances, usually highly emotionally charged events, that we can leave echoes of our life in a situation, a place or an object. The force of our emotions at that particular time are so strong that they become a part of that place or situation or object. Emotional energy is real, and science tells us that energy can not be destroyed. It has to go somewhere, and these echoes, this left over energy, are what the living people later on can see and interpret as paranormal phenomena... not quite real and manifest in our physical world, but definitely there.

Anyway, who knows? If anyone came up with a definite answer for this, I am sure that the world would erect a statue in their honor or form a religion around it. Ghosts have always been one of my favorite topics for a good stone or around a campfire though. Enjoy!

Emmie
    Well I guess I'm gonna haunt a lot of people and places!!!!!!! Emotional energy and all that.......probably do already!!!! :lol5:

Quote Originally Posted by gypski
    Well I guess I'm gonna haunt a lot of people and places!!!!!!! Emotional energy and all that.......probably do already!!!! :lol5:
    I feel a disturbance in the force....

Sure, I'd buy that...esp when I'm really high.:stoned:

Quote Originally Posted by emilya
    I feel a disturbance in the force....
    You sure it was me!!!!! :lol5: I do get around a bit!!!!!!!!!! :S2: As a ghost that is!!! :smokin:

emilya, if we have a mutual friend, and this friend dies, are they not dead in both your world and mine?

usually, this is indeed the case. The real question however is how our friend feels about this situation, and whether it is he who enjoys reality, or us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast