Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1657 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Im pregnant and smoke... can my OB report me??

I'm about 8 weeks pregnant and have been using marijuana lightly for my nausea and sickness. After lots of research I am ok with my decision, but my first doctors appointment is next week with a new OB and I am concerned they will drug test me. I dont know the laws here in Oregon, and am scared i will reported to child services because I have a 2 year old as well.

I dont smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol, I take prenatals and all that jazz and smoking was a hard thing for me to accept but after not eating for a few days I accepted it and did more research.

Has anyone been in this situation before? Im really nervous about going to my doctor's appointment on tuesday because I'd like to be truthful with ym doctor but am too scared. If they drug test me without me knowing can they report me??!? Anyone know? I've googled tons of phrases but cant find anything up front about oregon laws.
    awilcox1209 Reviewed by awilcox1209 on . Im pregnant and smoke... can my OB report me?? I'm about 8 weeks pregnant and have been using marijuana lightly for my nausea and sickness. After lots of research I am ok with my decision, but my first doctors appointment is next week with a new OB and I am concerned they will drug test me. I dont know the laws here in Oregon, and am scared i will reported to child services because I have a 2 year old as well. I dont smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol, I take prenatals and all that jazz and smoking was a hard thing for me to accept but Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

be careful...while I share your same belief, many don't and the possibility of causing you and your baby a lot of unnecessary problems is potential. that is just the day we live in unfortunatly

Quote Originally Posted by Jord0713
    be careful...while I share your same belief, many don't and the possibility of causing you and your baby a lot of unnecessary problems is potential. that is just the day we live in unfortunatly
    No your Doctor will not drug test you. He or no one will know unless you tell them. You sound like you have done your research. Good luck with the remaining of your pregnancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Admeral
    No your Doctor will not drug test you. He or no one will know unless you tell them. You sound like you have done your research. Good luck with the remaining of your pregnancy.
    I forgot to mention that every oppointment they will ask for a urine sample. They are counting your HCG hormone. They will not test for any drugs.

My wife smoked while pregnant with both my kids... they are both healthy and the older one scored off the charts for a genius iq test. My wife even asked the doctor about it and all she said was try not to hold the smoke in and don't consume more then 1/8th a day. so i think this might be a general diagnosis across the medical board... i hope so anyways.