Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1749 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

is White Widow a stabile hybrid?

My brother and I got into a discussion about my current grow and my plan to produce some seeds from it. He reminded me that in hybrids, the offspring will tend to revert back to traits from the parent strains and that it takes many generations to find plants that stabilize with the combined traits, thereby making a stabile hybrid.

From what I can see out there, White Widow has been around for a while now and should have been stabilized. Does anyone know this to be the case, or am I just wasting my time trying to produce seeds from this grow?

Emmie
    emilya Reviewed by emilya on . is White Widow a stabile hybrid? My brother and I got into a discussion about my current grow and my plan to produce some seeds from it. He reminded me that in hybrids, the offspring will tend to revert back to traits from the parent strains and that it takes many generations to find plants that stabilize with the combined traits, thereby making a stabile hybrid. From what I can see out there, White Widow has been around for a while now and should have been stabilized. Does anyone know this to be the case, or am I just Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

I think it would be worth a try. I had pretty consistent results with nirvana's white rhino but maybe I just got lucky.

I hate to put my neck out there by saying this but I'm thinkin the end results with white widow ain't gonna be bad either.

My nephew came across a buddy growing it and gave him a bag with alot of seeds in it which Im growing now. Hope that helps, theres seeds out there:thumbsup:

I would worry about fem WW seeds. In fact, I would worry about any fem seed.

My homemade 2007 Nirvana White Widow standard seeds have been very consistent producers.

I found that the Nirvana White Widow had 2 distinct pheno's when I grew them from seed. One was more sativa dominant than the other. I kept the indica dominant for a mother and have been very happy with the resulting clones.
    What I have noticed about growing WW:
    Nute sensitive. I find that I have to use around 1/3 of the nutes with ww than I do with my other strains. They tend to develope nute lockout if overfed.
    Stretch in 12/12: I put my babies in to flower when they are 12 in. to 14 inches. They will stretch about 3 times the height, or more, depending on how they where trimmed, or not trimmed. I usually end up with mature plants around 3.5 to 4 feet in height and very bushy.
    Takes to LST, fimming and topping very easily.
    Clones easily.
    Yeild: Varies acording to grower, but as an example, I grew out 7 clones and had a yeild of around 2 lb. from those 7.
    Grows well indoors as well as outdoors.
    Smoke report: Uncured bud tends to be a bit harsh which improves with curing over a couple of months in jars. Leans toward couch lock as the indica seems to dominate the high, but not so bad as to impede activities. Good for use in Vaporizers, better smoked in a bong.
    I keep growing it, even though I have other, more 'up to date' strains. It has become one of my mainstay strains.

Note: I grow in soil, indoors, under 400 watt lamps. Your results may not be the same as mine due to differences in growing enviroments.

Happy growing

The White Widow is my all time fav to grow...I have it in almost every room I do. It is a very stable consistent strain for me and as the above poster mentioned lst, top fim the heck out of her because she actually loves it. but I can tell you every time I grow it it comes out the same and I can tell you what what they are going to do every time. Just my 2 cents anyhow...I have had the same pheno for over 2 years, no way I would scrap her

White Widow is a good benchmark strain. I always grow half of WW and half of a new/another strain; for comparsion. That way, if the new strain is a 'waste of time'?...WW to the rescue.

In the past 5 years; I have only lost 2 WW plants. I'm still not sure what happened here?...whatever it was?...it was terminal, slow death over the next 2 weeks time....:wtf:

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Pimp
    White Widow is a good benchmark strain. I always grow half of WW and half of a new/another strain; for comparsion. That way, if the new strain is a 'waste of time'?...WW to the rescue.

In the past 5 years; I have only lost 2 WW plants. I'm still not sure what happened here?...whatever it was?...it was terminal, slow death over the next 2 weeks time....:wtf:
    I lost a few myself until I figured out that I was feeding them too much. Nute lockout was the prime culprit in this. Several good flushings and being light on the nutes solved this problem

This great news.:thumbsup: Thanks guys...

I noticed that the white widow can be a little light sensitive...If I keep my lights too low on the ladies, they tend to yellow out the fan leaves prematurely...Just keep an eye on that anyway, could just be my phenotype. I like the way you put it Dutch Pimp...I always have my white widow going in every room I do just in case...I know what the white widow is going to do for me every time I grow her and she definatly has saved my ass when all else failed

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast