Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1665 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Emmies Grow Log - White Widow

Grow Log (pics coming when I get the ability to post them)

12/06 - Started germination

12/09 - 10 5/5 seeds germinated and transplanted to 6ā? pots. Light set to 24/0. Light is bare minimum at this point, 4ā? shop light with standard grow bulbs from hardware store. Ordered $500 of new lights online.

12/13 ā?? got programmable thermostat and light timer today, now set to 77Ā° day, 70Ā° night. Also set light timer for 18/6 and added a fan to the closet to evenly distribute heat and slightly stress stems. Read with interest about early sexing using red streaks and dots on trunksā?¦ based on this very early sexing, labeling plants as 3 female, 1 male, 1 possibly dead just to see how accurate this method is.

More as things develop...

Emmie

12/14 (day 5) ā?? Fertilized with half small scoop MG in Ā¾ gallon water that has been run through carbon filter and set out for 24 hours. Still waiting on a PH meter to make sure water is in range. Working on plans for secondary dedicated grow box with veg and flower area. Plans now are to use this box for near constant production from the veg area and to establish a SCRog grow in Flowering area with 40,000 Lumens, and use the existing closet as a secondary site where we will use the 20,000 lumen light to support taller and bushier grows of 2 or 3 plants. Lights showed up today and have installed the SunBlaze 44 with the blue bulbs over the first grow. This is approximately 10x more light than we had yesterday with 20,000 lumens compared to the 1900 lumen grow bulbs that we had before. Expecting plants to now stop stretching and start to bush out noticeably.
    emilya Reviewed by emilya on . Emmies Grow Log - White Widow Grow Log (pics coming when I get the ability to post them) 12/06 - Started germination 12/09 - 10 5/5 seeds germinated and transplanted to 6ā? pots. Light set to 24/0. Light is bare minimum at this point, 4ā? shop light with standard grow bulbs from hardware store. Ordered $500 of new lights online. 12/13 ā?? got programmable thermostat and light timer today, now set to 77Ā° day, 70Ā° night. Also set light timer for 18/6 and added a fan to the closet to evenly distribute heat Rating: 5
    ... learning about life from a weed
    If you go cheap you grow cheap. - Zandor
    Patience above all else. - Rusty

Just be smarter than the plant you\'re growing. - OldMac
    :yippee::S2::yippee::lol5::yippee:
    Emmie\'s First Grow Log

2.   Advertisements

I love the white widow.:lovestruck:...I don't feed them the first 3 weeks...except for a little, very weak root stimulator.

Enjoy Your Grow...:thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by emilya
    Read with interest about early sexing using red streaks and dots on trunksā?¦ based on this very early sexing, labeling plants as 3 female, 1 male, 1 possibly dead just to see how accurate this method is.
    Hey Emmie, can you post a link to those pages/threads? I'd like more info on this as well

Quote Originally Posted by AngelFish
    Hey Emmie, can you post a link to those pages/threads? I'd like more info on this as well
    I found it It was posted by WashougalWonder :
    http://boards.cannabis.com/advanced-...ml#post2068667

I guess it is possible to tell from the look of the seeds too according to another post.
    Seed pic

I have put tag markers in my pots to indicate sex using the first method... we shall see. If the theory holds based on plants 5 days old I have 3 girls and a guy. I am skeptical or at least do not trust what my eyes think they are seeing. I need to see nanners.

Emmie

12/15 (day 6) ā?? 1201am lights out, largest plant at 2ā?. I will check for overnight growth in dark. Soil was dry to the touch so I watered them at bed time. Not sure of the optimum time for watering in day/night cycleā?¦ hoping someone will tell me soon after reading this. Noticed that root structure must be filling in as watering did not disrupt seedlings as much as it has been doingā?¦ they seem more stable. 5th plant did not break out of seed yet today. I will be convinced as of tomorrow that it is indeed a murdered MJP. My fault entirelyā?¦ now I know which way to point sprouts after germination.

A quick word about my soil is needed as I forgot to mention it earlier. I am using Miracle Grow Potting Mix-with MicroMax, in a 4 part to 1 part Pearlite and 1 part Vermiculite mixture. The soil mixture is very springy to the touch and seems to retain water well, yet still allowing a good flow through.

7:30am ā?? Lights have been on for 1.5 hours. Plants look vigorous (except for the dead one) and about 1/8 inch growth (stretching) on the largest plant overnight in the dark. Second set of leaves is now apparent on 2 of them. I am expecting some good development on the secondary leaves today under the new lights and have informed the plants that tomorrow is the 1 week mark and that it is time to get hopping. ( I heard it was good to talk to your plants and gently let them know what is expected of them) :thumbsup:

p.s. camera is on the blink, cell phone camera is just not going to cut it. I will hit Wal-Mart soon and remedy this so I can amaze you with my bad photography skills.

Emmie

Be very careful you don't give too many nutes if in MG. White Widow will burn very easily.

The second reference about sexing by seed, I have been testing over the last 6-9 months. So far, round is female. I am talking feminized seeds and regular seeds. Every feminized seed that I look at appears to have the round feature too. My eyes are old and I am often too lazy to go find the loupe to see better tho.

I will watch to see how the sexing went. Makes me proud to see someone trying this on their own. Cool beans. :jointsmile:

With little seedlings, most people just mist the plant and soil surface to keep it damp. However after growing some roots, most people go with weight. If the pot feels really light it's time to water.

I had a Grand daddy purple which was highly unstable indoors (did OK outside). This plants self pollinated seeds were thrown out. However it also got my G13xAfgani. Yesterday while trimming I found 25 seeds in about an ounce. Being pollinated by another girl these should all be Feminized!:thumbsup:

All 25 seeds ARE rounder then many I've seen in my life. They also ALL have the indent/Volcano tip!

Question comes down to will ANY actually be worth growing when "DAD"(a female plant) was SO unstable?? So, I'll keep them, but for now I will not sprout them.

Quote Originally Posted by emilya
    Read with interest about early sexing using red streaks and dots on trunksā?¦ based on this very early sexing, labeling plants as 3 female, 1 male, 1 possibly dead just to see how accurate this method is.
    Ok... this is going to get interesting now. I got a camera... and it is clear looking at these pictures that the lens can see things that are not quite so apparent to our human eyes. The theory is that we can tell the sex already... at day 6 by looking for the red indicators on the trunk. Theory tells us that we should have 50% males and 50% females. According to what we are seeing in these pictures, this is exactly what I have here with my 4 surviving babies. These have been tagged and time will tell if we were indeed able to sex these plants at this incredibly early age. Look very closely at the trunks.

"Runt of the pack - red spots - FEMALE"

"No red spots - MALE"

"Note the Red Spots - FEMALE"

"Another MALE"

Emmie

Hi Emmie,

Interesting. Both the attention to detail and the fact that you growing WW. Never heard anything about red/non red spots before. I'll will be intersted to see how well this works for you. Nice post and pics. Good Luck!

12/16 (day 7) ā?? OKā?¦ it has been a week now and things are looking pretty good. Not a lot of vertical growth now under the big T5 lights but as expected seeing widening and elongation of existing leaf structures and further development on the 3rd set of leaves.

I learned a quick lesson about using nutrients with this Miracle Grow soil. I am seeing a slight Nutrient Burn in #2 right at the end of the leaf tip. Flushing isnā??t going to help a lot with this time release nutrient soil so I am just giving pure water now and things appear to be ok in the other 3 and not getting worse on #2. I will wait till week 3 to hit them with some Molasses water and will try Nutrients again after a flush right before flowering. Also got my PH tester yesterday and the water after sitting out overnight to remove the chlorine is right at 6.4-6.5. This makes me very happy and I will be checking every other day to make sure that this situation holds.

Emmie

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast