Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1771 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Emmies Grow Log - White Widow

Hi Emmie....You're being a helicopter mom to them babies! It's understandable, most new moms (and Dads!) would be also, but your hovering over them! (make sure to breathe love, sing and blow co2 on them while your hovering!) Try not to worry so much....they're doing fine, but I have to go with Rusty....Don't overwater! I was pretty sure I posted something about those small leaves, but I don't see it in this thread....maybe I put it somewhere else or imagined it, it's happened before...Good pics too btw! I have no problem looking at your pics even without the bifocals! Even blazed! well ok I do see two or three images if I'm overbaked...dam! like now...ooops! I love goin from straight, to one rip buzzed, two rips...dam too much AGAIN! When will I learn? LOL!

L8r, TANK, baking, er baked for lunch!:stoned:

BTW, I fell outta my chair laughing on the "from his good side" caption...

I use the cotyledons as a reference point. If they're healthy, likely the plant is healthy and happy, and is getting ecactly what they need from the word go. If they're dying prematurely, IMHO, you haven't hit "optimal" growth, which can adversely affect the youngster. (slower growth, stunting, deformations...)

Happy-n-Healthy:

Great thread Em:thumbsup:and fantastic pics to boot. I hope all turns out as the theory would be a huge time saver. I have 3 seedlings now, but only outta the soil for about 3 days now, so il have to get a peek at them.

I wanted to make a comment on the pre fertted soil, even tho its prolly something you have heard enough of now. But when i grew out my first indoor grow, i used the pre fertted stuff, not thinking it was MG, but pre fertted. I had read tons of threads which the pre loaded stuff was being used and found that most had problems with burning. These people added nutes to their soil even though they are already in there. Ok so im new to it so i choose the pre fertted soil to make it easier on my first grow. I went through the entire grow without adding anything at all, because the soil will take care of those needs. I knew from all those grow logs not to add anything and it worked great. I even grew with cfl's and in the end, my harvest was even better then i thought it would be. My buds had a great taste and the plants even lived to be re vegged outside with a great yield.

This grow i wanted to make easy as i said, being my first indoor grow. But, it only worked, because i did not give ferts, period. If ya cant find different soil, i would follow this advise, only because it will work. I did it, but people that added ferts didn't. My log is in the Sig, if you want to look at the buds and plants, which got water throughout the grow.

The round lower leaves will get yellow and fall off by the end of the week, which is normal. Also i think Rusty has used the MG pre stuff, but even if he hasn't, his advise is not something to brush off:thumbsup:

Great thread, il be watching and hoping for your success:hippy:

:rasta:

4.   Advertisements

give you something to look forward to. the big one is one month, the one in the cup, one week. No nutes. FF OF, T5 SB46. :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by gypski
    give you something to look forward to. the big one is one month, the one in the cup, one week. No nutes. FF OF, T5 SB46. :thumbsup:
    Nice! :thumbsup: I'm getting excited! Been working on my new grow box all day long... paint is drying on the main shelf now. Tomorrow I hang all the mylar and possibly get the lights up! I have to get my babies out of that dumb closet and make them feel more at home in a nice new clean high tech growing laboratory. Not to mention that the SB48 doesn't fit in the closet. That upset me a bit, but whats a few hundred more dollars to develop a plan B? These guys are going to think the sun just went nova when I yet again double the light hitting them. --- Carpenter Emmie

Quote Originally Posted by emilya
    Nice! :thumbsup: I'm getting excited! Been working on my new grow box all day long... paint is drying on the main shelf now. Tomorrow I hang all the mylar and possibly get the lights up! I have to get my babies out of that dumb closet and make them feel more at home in a nice new clean high tech growing laboratory. Not to mention that the SB48 doesn't fit in the closet. That upset me a bit, but whats a few hundred more dollars to develop a plan B? These guys are going to think the sun just went nova when I yet again double the light hitting them. --- Carpenter Emmie

You made your box 4'? You can always undo the sides and add 3/4 x your plywood dimension to each side. You can get it at Home Depot or Lowes. It will give you another 1 1/2" or you can get some 5/4 which will give you 2 1/2" so your light will fit. Little set back. :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by gypski
    You made your box 4'? You can always undo the sides and add 3/4 x your plywood dimension to each side. You can get it at Home Depot or Lowes. It will give you another 1 1/2" or you can get some 5/4 which will give you 2 1/2" so your light will fit. Little set back. :thumbsup:
    oh no! let me clarify! The closet is actually a clothes closet that the plants are presently living in. it is just short of being wide enough for the sb48... plenty long.

the grow box that I am building is plenty big. it is 5' x 28" x 4' high. Dad always said... measure twice... THEN cut! --Emmie

Quote Originally Posted by emilya
    oh no! let me clarify! The closet is actually a clothes closet that the plants are presently living in. it is just short of being wide enough for the sb48... plenty long.

the grow box that I am building is plenty big. it is 5' x 28" x 4' high. Dad always said... measure twice... THEN cut! --Emmie
    Ok. You closet is probably 22"-23" wide not 24". That's why I got the SB 46. Its fits width wise!! I want a 48x8 and a 24x4 too!!! :smokin:

New parents can be so fun to observe :S5:

Dec 22 (Day 13) -
    I am more convinced than ever that I am an over-waterer. Thank you everyone for the posts helping to convince me of that. This morning, still no water and all looks good. No wilting. No pleas from the babies for water. And today, no signs of that yellow mottled look on #1 and #4. I find myself very impressed by the pictures in plant abuse thread after this experience.

It does look like the runt (#4) is trying very hard to catch up now. She is taller and has developed quite a few new leaves in the last few days. I think she doesn't like being called the runt and has decided to show us all just how beautiful she can be. Stay tuned on this one...

It does look like she is going to lose her cot's though. Definitely right on LetSeeYa... within a few days I suspect she is going to shed those. I have a theory on this. I suspect that she needed a growth spurt to get her root structure going and knew she was in trouble. She ate these cotyledons to get the energy to do what she needed to do. As a result she is thriving now. I might be wrong in this analysis, but it is a beautiful way of looking at her and her will to survive, don't you think?

Number 3 (the one with the crutch) has purposely moved away from the wire loop and refuses to use the crutch now. She is standing up strong and proud and I bet when I water this next time she is going to show me how strong her roots are and stay right where she belongs. If this turns out to be the case I will remove the crutch... I don't want to offend her.

Number 1 is just a show off. He didn't change a lot in this last 24 hours but I can see him strengthening... his trunk is getting wider and his nodes are showing a lot of activity. His leaves have all gotten wider and longer. I am sure that he is enjoying all this attention!

Here are the pictures!

Absorbing her cotyledons! :eat:

I don't need no crutch! ostredx:

I think I can... I think I can...

Look at me world! I'm a big bad boy! :rastasmoke:

Have a great day! For those of you traveling this week, Happy Holidays and be safe.

Emmie

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast