Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1770 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Emmies Grow Log - White Widow

I am starting to wonder if it is a true hermaphroditic plant.

Today we are snowed in. A blizzard in Missouri. I hope this ends soon as it is highly over rated. I have no experience with this, but I imagine that some point between a foot and a foot and a half of snow, my pickup truck is no longer going to be able to get me out of here. I guess I am stuck, so its time for an update!

We have made some progress since my last posting here. We still don't know the sex of #3, but I am proceeding ahead as if that didn't bother me. If in the next week or so (under close observation) #3 shows clear signs of being male, it will be pulled out of there.

I took 4 clones from #2 approximately 4 days ago. They have been put in a humidity dome in the smaller tent. Temperature is controlled at 78 degrees and they are under the red bulbs at 20,000 lumens approximately 10 inches away, the red because some claim it to promote root growth. The cloning was done based on the techniques in this sticky: http://boards.cannabis.com/basic-gro...-kush-mom.html
    I have raised the planters up slightly by putting them in an empty starter pot so that I can put a bit of water in the bottom of the tray to help raise the humidity in the dome. I also am misting them with PH'd water twice a day. So far, no drooping or acting surprised. They actually appear to be trying to live. This is very encouraging.

With the last watering I added the first nutes to the bigger plants. I am using the FF trio and of course still being in veg, gave them the recommended amounts of BB and GB for the last week of veg. We will see how they handle this with every other watering now as from this point on we will be seeing how much we can convince them to grow. I am watching for signs of burn and with any signs I will cut the nutes to every third watering.

The last big advance here is that today I lowered the SCRog screen onto them. This has forced the upper 2 inches to bend over and head out under the screen. Side growth has greatly accelerated since the FIM and very soon the side growth will be at canopy level and be ready to be trained across the screen. The current plan is to keep up with the current nutes/lights etc until the screen fills 40% or so... then I am going to flip the switch.

Here are the pictures!

Emmie

Nice plan ya got there Em:thumbsup:and a great looking setup too. I would like to try a scrog and maybe some time soon. I will watch yours for my practice, lol. It wont be long and you can fill your screen with your clones, at least that was my plan after i get some that is.

Keep er green:weedpoke:

:rasta:

Good Luck...Emmie...:thumbsup:...read this, in your spare time:http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...s-nirvana.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Pimp
    Good Luck...Emmie...:thumbsup:...read this, in your spare time:http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...s-nirvana.html
    I love that grow log DP! It was one of the things that convinced me to do this one actually. I have seen several people refer to it as one of the best grow logs on the board and I have it saved here as a permanent link. I admit that I did try to emulate Raiz a bit here in this log. I strove to make this a place that a new grower could actually learn something from as they watched my first time attempt and me recovering from my mistakes.

I figure I have about 10-13 weeks left on this grow log as I move into flower and then to harvesting and curing. Time will tell if anything discussed here actually turned out to be useful to anyone, but I hope so. It's my way of giving back the gift you all have given me with your help and encouragement. Thank you everyone! :thumbsup:

Emmie

They're looking terrific Emmy :thumbsup:
    I'm really looking forward to watching as you work through scrogging. I'm not trying it myself yet but I find it a really attractive method.
    Fingers crossed for #3 being a girl too

Hey Y'all. Snowy greetings from the midwest! Last night I learned the power of good smoke to plow driveways. My friend showed up with his 4x4 with the plow on the front claiming he was bored and just wanted to help. After an hour of scraping I had huge piles of snow and no driveway problem. He was rewarded with a big doobie of some very heady white widow along with a bit of cuddling. I don't think I am going to worry about snow any longer.

Anyway... now that Emmie is happy, on with the grow log. Today is the 8 week mark. #3 still is not clearly showing sex, but I am still leaning female on it. Both plants are responding rapidly to the nutrients just introduced by showing strong growth as well as a deep greening of all the leaves starting from the bottom and moving up the plants as time progresses. I will stick with the suggested levels at every other watering until the girls tell me to do something different.

Clones are still standing up, and at 6 days old have started to yellow at the bottom leaves. I understand that this is normal as the roots start to form and am calmly continuing my twice a day misting until I see roots coming out the bottom of the starter containers. I have plastic cups ready for their next stage in a week or two.

In the big tent, we are training on the screen. I counted how many openings I have (220) and counted how many holes are presently claimed by growth (20). This is 9%. I will flip the switch at 40% and continue to train under the screen for about the first 2 weeks of flowering.

A word about my screen. Notice that it angles up toward the back. I did this for a couple of reasons after seeing this done in a couple of professional SCRog grows. First was ease of working under the screen. If I sit on my cooler in the tent, I can easily reach under the screen and still easily see the top and what I am doing. Talk about SCRoging with ease! The second idea is this. The most active growing is at the top of the branches, which will tend to be at the top of the screen. The closer to the top they get, the closer to the light they also get. I am thinking that this will provide incentive for the plants to grow more rapidly at the tops. Later in flowering when the canopy is established, it will be an easy matter to tilt the light at this same angle and get to a 4" distance across the length of the screen.

I am sure that on the next grow when i have 4 plants under the screen this idea will not work and the screen will go back to a level 10" front and back, but for this grow I am going to experiment with this idea. Live and learn!

Thats all for now... I hope you are all having a wonderful week.
    Here are some SCRog pictures!

Emmie

8.   Advertisements

Just popped in to check on your progress. You are doing a great job! :thumbsup:

Emmie, can you get some real close ups of the nodes on those plants? If you can, I'm sure some of us here will be able to sex them for you. In that second picture, almost dead center, is a node that looks like it is showing something but it is too far away to tell.

Wishing you all the best with your SCROG'ing. Still hovering your thread. :S2:

He was rewarded with a big doobie of some very heady white widow along with a bit of cuddling.
    OMG!...:rastabanna:

Quote Originally Posted by emilya
    My friend showed up with his 4x4 with the plow on the front claiming he was bored and just wanted to help. [SNIPPET] He was rewarded with a big doobie of some very heady white widow along with a bit of cuddling.
    Yeah. he was bored...

Nothing like fringe benefits, eh?

Note, we (guys) always bored. It's in our nature.

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast