Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1880 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Emmies Grow Log - White Widow

The preflowers are already there, I can see something there for sure, but I can't make out sex with the focus.

They will look kinda like leaf formations, I can't find it now, but there was a thread I spotted on using a flashlight to backlight the node, female flowers look like little triangles, males little spots,.... and that's basically even before they are really visible.

Figured I'd toss this pic in just to help,.... You've probably already seen it.
    and a couple from tonight, My White Widow Scrog was felled tonight with the help of a couple of my patients trimming only took 2 hours! imp:

(Sorry for the crummy Cell phone pics, camera's batteries are dead and we didn't have more! )

Pic 1: ID on preflowers.
    Pic 2: before trimming.
    Pic 3: 650g waiting to be hung for dry! :rastasmoke:

2.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by canniwhatsis
    The preflowers are already there, I can see something there for sure, but I can't make out sex with the focus.

They will look kinda like leaf formations, I can't find it now, but there was a thread I spotted on using a flashlight to backlight the node, female flowers look like little triangles, males little spots,.... and that's basically even before they are really visible.
    I have a couple of threads I like a lot... the one you probably mean is this one: http://boards.cannabis.com/indoor-gr...ml#post2165560
    and this one also deserves a good look: http://boards.cannabis.com/basic-gro...cognition.html

I got in there and looked real good this evening. I am pretty sure that I saw a perfect example of a male part, all hanging down and being obnoxious on its own little stalk. The one I found it on is going to amaze my readers so I want to look again tomorrow in better light, just to be sure. Another might be showing me an early male part... but again, a better look and an overnight period might be what is needed to make it clear. I think I am seeing calyx's and even a couple of young single pistils on one of the others, and clearly a first sighting of a double pistil on the last one, again with a surprise for the followers of our little journey in this thread as to which one is showing off her girl parts to us. I will wait till I am sure about this though... stay tuned! It is going to cause a ruckus!

Emmie

Yep! that's the thread I was thinkin about!

You've got it down pretty well, I'm looking forward to seeing these girls(and boy's) go thru flower! (I'd keep one male and flower him in a separate area for pollen, then breed your own seeds so you don't have to buy them again it's what I did with my WW grow )

Sorry about the harvest pics demihyjack,... I wasn't loggin that grow, but figured you might enjoy seeing what you can look forward to if you scrog this strain since you've been setting up for it. :stoned:

Quote Originally Posted by canniwhatsis
    Yep! that's the thread I was thinkin about!

You've got it down pretty well, I'm looking forward to seeing these girls(and boy's) go thru flower! (I'd keep one male and flower him in a separate area for pollen, then breed your own seeds so you don't have to buy them again it's what I did with my WW grow )

Sorry about the harvest pics demihyjack,... I wasn't loggin that grow, but figured you might enjoy seeing what you can look forward to if you scrog this strain since you've been setting up for it. :stoned:
    Thats exactly my plan... grab some pollen in the other tent, and then convert a couple of branches of the girls to seed production. Need to save those seeds for a rainy day and then work from clones for a while as well as experiment with a couple of other strains. It is definitely going to be an interesting summer around here.

yeah, your harvest made me drool. what was that, about 3-4 ounces dry?

Quote Originally Posted by emilya
    yeah, your harvest made me drool. what was that, about 3-4 ounces dry?
    650 grams, 22.9 oz, 1.4 pounds wet imp: ....

I figure I'll loose 75% of that weight,.... so 5-6 oz dry/de-stemmed... that's guessing on my previous grows of other strains.

Be really careful with flowering a male,... it's a wind pollenated plant (which you already know) but the pollen will stick to YOU and the female flowers (pistils) will more than willingly grab the pollen off of you!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by emilya
    ostgood:

I like it! Its time to learn something new! I am going to get out my loupe and a flashlight today and see what I can see. I need a better camera to get in close.. anyone have any good recommendations for <$200? I'm thinkin Ebay...

At some point they are going to start showing pre-flowers, correct? And that is what I am looking for today. So far I have not been able to see any that didn't look already like leaves... but I will get real close.
    :admin1:

Emmie
    overstock.com for cameras. that is where I got mine, if if something goes wrong, they replace with no problems. :thumbsup:

As far as advice on cameras, a good one can be had for around $100. If you look at the pictures in my albums, all of them were taken with a point and click Canon. Just make sure you have a macro setting available to get good crystal shots.

The trichrome album shots were taken with a $60 usb microscope which IMHO has been the best investment one can make to determine ripeness beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Just my 2 cents

Good lookin grow! Lookin forward to seeing it finish:thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by irydyum
    As far as advice on cameras, a good one can be had for around $100. If you look at the pictures in my albums, all of them were taken with a point and click Canon. Just make sure you have a macro setting available to get good crystal shots.

The trichrome album shots were taken with a $60 usb microscope which IMHO has been the best investment one can make to determine ripeness beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Just my 2 cents

Good lookin grow! Lookin forward to seeing it finish:thumbsup:

What USB microscope is the next question?!? And is it MAC friendly?..... Again sorry Emmy for the jack...

I don't think you need a new camera to get these. Just take a regular photo like you have been and zoom in with the computer program. You sound like you may have proven my theory is Kaput, but best folks know I am full of it. Save some money.

Quote Originally Posted by WashougalWonder
    I don't think you need a new camera to get these. Just take a regular photo like you have been and zoom in with the computer program. You sound like you may have proven my theory is Kaput, but best folks know I am full of it. Save some money.
    Ok... here is the best I can do with Vivitar technology. I am pretty sure this is showing us that #4, the runt... is a boy.
    :chainsaw:

theory Kaput? No. There are 2 big factors here that very well could have skewed the results.
    • First, #4 was stressed from the very start. He was a J root when "dummy me" plopped him in the dirt upside down. :upsidedow
    • The second factor is that I am an inexperienced grower. Not only did I stress these plants from the very beginning, I kept terrorizing them throughout at least the first half of their lives. It is possible that I took a perfectly good little girl and scared her so badly that she switched sides.

More experimentation is needed.

Here are the pictures... please discuss. I am here to learn.
    Emmie

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast