Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1528 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

3rd grow...advise please

So I've decided to start my third grow. I just ordered 5 fem white widow seeds from nirvana and want to do an aero setup like my last grow.

My setup will be a little different since I'll have to split up the grow area into two separate areas with 2 plants (plan to do 4). I plan on each plant having its own bucket with 3 mister heads inside. I do need some help though in doing this correctly.

1.) whats the best way to germinate. I usually just stick the seeds in ph soaked rockwool cubes until they germinate and then plant them in hydroton.

2.) how much "light" should I get for two distinct areas?

3.) how big should be water pump be (I plan to have a central water system feeding the two areas)?

4.) how big (in sq3 ft) should each of the two grow areas be?

5.) what kind of yield should I expect?
    k1ng87 Reviewed by k1ng87 on . 3rd grow...advise please So I've decided to start my third grow. I just ordered 5 fem white widow seeds from nirvana and want to do an aero setup like my last grow. My setup will be a little different since I'll have to split up the grow area into two separate areas with 2 plants (plan to do 4). I plan on each plant having its own bucket with 3 mister heads inside. I do need some help though in doing this correctly. 1.) whats the best way to germinate. I usually just stick the seeds in ph soaked rockwool cubes Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

3rd grow...advise please

anyone?

3rd grow...advise please

surely someone has done aeroponics

3rd grow...advise please

I have an areo cloner but not full grow units.

Not sure about the pump maybe some one will help with that.

1- Sounds goodwith the rockwool. Sometimes I do the paper towel thing and then carefully put them in a small rockwool cube and into the hydroton as soon as roots show.

2- If I get this right you have a 3 foot by 3 foot area. A 400 watt would do it but 600 would be better. Me I would get a 1000 just in case I wanted to expand. In a small space the trick is keeping it cool with a hood or cooltube. OK, read it again and you want 2 area's. I would go with the 600's. 4's would do but you will be happier with the 600.

3-If your using buckets, Why areo ? You could just use an airstone in each bucket with one air pump and go DWC. Much easier.

4- For 2 flowering plants a 3x3 would work but give yourself a little room and go 4x4 at least if you can. If not it will work.

5- Yeild is subjective. What you are hoping for is 0.5 grams per watt of light. 600 watts would be 300 grams if no problems exist.. I have not grown white widow yet and look forward to it. From what I have seen it should be a good producer.

Hope this helps.