Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1677 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Yin and Yang

The Sun and the Moon. How did the Yin and Yang symbol come about? I found this very interesting article combining science with creating mythology. Kind of mind blowing isn't it how the symbol was derived?

Where does the Chinese Yin Yang symbol come from?
    gypski Reviewed by gypski on . Yin and Yang The Sun and the Moon. How did the Yin and Yang symbol come about? I found this very interesting article combining science with creating mythology. Kind of mind blowing isn't it how the symbol was derived? :cool: Where does the Chinese Yin Yang symbol come from? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Yin and Yang

Quote Originally Posted by gypski
    Kind of mind blowing isn't it how the symbol was derived?
    I've heard that the symbol was born of the moon and sun but never knew how.

:thumbsup: Great find

Yin and Yang

I was aware of what the parts of the symbol meant, but unaware of how they were arrived at. That was very interesting and instructive.

Thanks gypski! :thumbsup:

Yin and Yang

One could also pose that the bastardization of yin/yang into ying-yang for a klutzy person by returning Anglo speakers is used today. Just like the Mongal word for meat has been slightly modified from the Mongol original (makn) to what we have today. Watch the movie Mongol, and you will see a scene where this occurs, and how the word sounds, and its not to hard to see it evolve into the English word meat. Much of what we think we possess has been borrowed from other cultures, especially language.

Now for the ying-yangs of the world.............:S2:

Yin and Yang

One could also pose that the bastardization of yin/yang into ying-yang for a klutzy person by returning Anglo speakers is used today. Just like the Mongal word for meat has been slightly modified from the Mongol original (makn) to what we have today. Watch the movie Mongol, and you will see a scene where this occurs, and how the word sounds, and its not to hard to see it evolve into the English word meat. Much of what we think we possess has been borrowed from other cultures, especially language.

Now for the ying-yangs of the world.............:S2:
    Kinda like how Mister and Madame got turning into Sir and Ma'am.

Yin and Yang

In two more days, we are leaving the Yin and entering the Yang. From darkness into light!!! Days get longer, winter begins.

Yin and Yang

The coming year by the Chinese Calendar is the Year of the Rabbit. Rabbits are deemed lucky, are you a rabbit? :lol5: I'm of the Year of the Ox!!!

Chinese Zodiac (1)

Yin and Yang

The coming year by the Chinese Calendar is the Year of the Rabbit. Rabbits are deemed lucky, are you a rabbit? :lol5: I'm of the Year of the Ox!!!

Chinese Zodiac (1)
    Year of the dog here. Since my nose is cold and wet, I guess that's appropriate . . .

Yin and Yang

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlazer
    Year of the dog here. Since my nose is cold and wet, I guess that's appropriate . . .
    What's really interesting, is all of the animals mentioned in the Chinese Zodiac, are also mentioned in mythology and folktales throughout holistic-humanity. But, it also shows a difference in paradigm because what the Chinese astronomers saw in the heavens were definitely different animals and beings then what we in the west are conditioned with. I prefer being a Gemini then an Ox!!! imp:

Yin and Yang

I just realized, I logged on at 4:20 AM. I was awake before 4:00 AM. Total Lunar Eclipse on the Winter solstice. No wonder I'm feeling out of sync a bit. I'm not a 4:20 devotee per se. Weird. :error::tin foil hat::lol5:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Amount:

Enter a message for the receiver:
BE SOCIAL
GreenGrassForums On Facebook