Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1594 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Growing in Arizona?? Important to know

It is important to read and know the new Arizona MM Law. People interested in growing. The rules are you must be 25 miles from a dispensary to grow for yourself. The plan is to have these dispensary's equally spread across the state. That will eliminate 99% of people growing their own.
    The good news is these rules are not in stone yet. The ADHS is doing the initial informal draft of rules 12-17-10 They are asking for public comment on these rules 12-17 to 1-7-11
    If you are interested to grow your own then you must be proactive and get as many people interested to also do so.
    Here is the site
    AZ Department of Health Services: Proposition 203
    nazman Reviewed by nazman on . Growing in Arizona?? Important to know It is important to read and know the new Arizona MM Law. People interested in growing. The rules are you must be 25 miles from a dispensary to grow for yourself. The plan is to have these dispensary's equally spread across the state. That will eliminate 99% of people growing their own. The good news is these rules are not in stone yet. The ADHS is doing the initial informal draft of rules 12-17-10 They are asking for public comment on these rules 12-17 to 1-7-11 If you are interested to Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

I think they are going to have to change that 25 mile limit for caregivers and patients. That is just unfair for the people of Arizona to have to give our money for dosia to dispensary at 300-400 an oz. Phoenix is big, but not that big. As a horticulturist its cool; but that is just asking for bad Karma, especially in a time like this when people do not have the funds.

Quote Originally Posted by nazman
    It is important to read and know the new Arizona MM Law. People interested in growing. The rules are you must be 25 miles from a dispensary to grow for yourself. The plan is to have these dispensary's equally spread across the state. That will eliminate 99% of people growing their own.
    The good news is these rules are not in stone yet. The ADHS is doing the initial informal draft of rules 12-17-10 They are asking for public comment on these rules 12-17 to 1-7-11
    If you are interested to grow your own then you must be proactive and get as many people interested to also do so.
    Here is the site
    AZ Department of Health Services: Proposition 203
    Great to know. Thanks for the news. Keep us posted on anything else you know. We are starting a dispensary in Phoenix. Phoenix Cannabis Club I will inform the board on all new information I hear as well. Let me know if you would like to meet and discuss Prop 203. Networking is always important.

Quote Originally Posted by PhxCannabisClub
    Great to know. Thanks for the news. Keep us posted on anything else you know. We are starting a dispensary in Phoenix. Phoenix Cannabis Club I will inform the board on all new information I hear as well. Let me know if you would like to meet and discuss Prop 203. Networking is always important.
    Your contact us link on your website doesnt work

My thought was that the feds are really only going after operations not abiding by the spirit of the laws. Are dispensaries required to be non-profit in CA? Google search comes up with some news items, but not the magnitude that would really concern me.

First link from CA seemed like a BS raid, but not enough info, 2nd in CA the owner was accused of meth and coke distribution as well, the 3rd in MI indicated resales taking place on the premises and concern about amounts considering the law restricts dispensaries to 12 plants (how much business can you do with only 12 plants at a time?) I just saw another in CO that claimed to be a raid, when it seemed like only a search, nothing taken. A number of results I saw were from 2009.

Doesn't look to be as big an issue. I know CA has tons of growers and dispensaries compared to the measely 125 AZ will have and I can't imagine the DEA going harder on AZ than CA, especially if it's not as loosely regulated as it is in CA.

Here's my prediction. Sen. Herb Kohl has said that he plans to put a "hold" on her, which would delay her confirmation over a prescription issue. She gets delayed, Obama tells her to go easy on medical MJ because he's getting flak for seeming to flip-flop his stance if she doesn't. In return, Obama nominates her again. She agrees to both Kohl and Obama so she can get her shiny new title and pay raise, everyone's happy.

Either way, guess I'll be a test case. Proper planning prevents piss poor performance.

wilkins, I like where your head is at!
    PM me if you need any help with making your site look and feel a little more professional!!

Quote Originally Posted by 27Drel27
    I think they are going to have to change that 25 mile limit for caregivers and patients. That is just unfair for the people of Arizona to have to give our money for dosia to dispensary at 300-400 an oz. Phoenix is big, but not that big. As a horticulturist its cool; but that is just asking for bad Karma, especially in a time like this when people do not have the funds.
    What's unfair is you trying to bash potential dispensary owners and their potential pricing, notice my liberal use of the word potential here, seems how no one is selling any pot from a dispensary yet. Also, please do not compare our NEW program to the failed programs of other states, no offense but it is what it is.

Maybe look at what a few sites like ours are talking about before you speak...

Maybe take a look at the AZDHS youtube channel and see whats up.

Also something that should be pointed out but hasn't yet except on our other thread posts.

NO DISPENSARY will be operational BEFORE patients apply for cards. This means almost everyone will be allowed to grow the first term of their registration card. Our classes are already filling up and are over a month from starting still.

For more accurate information about Prop 203 and Arizona's Medical Marijuana Program visit our site. For people looking to meet up locally we have informal lunches everyday Friday between 2-4pm at Carmaba's located at I-17 & Bell Rd.

and to answer another question, the dispensaries in Cali are mostly FOR profit, not NOT for profit as all AZ dispensaries will be. Which is good, it will drive black market prices lower eventually phasing them out. The dispensaries will all be selling in the same range which is good for patients.

Obama is NOT going to go after those operating within State guidelines, however those that have over stepped their boundaries will be sought after.

Quote Originally Posted by 27Drel27
    I think they are going to have to change that 25 mile limit for caregivers and patients.
    While I agree with you, that's how it was written into Prop 203 as it was voted on by the people. Changing that would be like changing anything else in the proposition, which (if I have it right- I may not) would require something like a 2/3rds vote. This is one reason why voting "yes" on ANY state proposition should be weighed very carefully indeed: if it sucks, repealing it is difficult.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast