Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1638 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Growing in Arizona?? Important to know

Seems they created a monopoly for private business. With the 120 dispensary's planed, that would not be enough to create competitive pricing. In a small town with only 1 dispensary they can charge whatever. Patients that can't afford $200-$400oz. marijuana need a choice. These rules as they are fail the mission. These rules should tailored around the patients best interests.

2.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by nazman
    Seems they created a monopoly for private business. With the 120 dispensary's planed, that would not be enough to create competitive pricing. In a small town with only 1 dispensary they can charge whatever. Patients that can't afford $200-$400oz. marijuana need a choice. These rules as they are fail the mission. These rules should tailored around the patients best interests.
    Yeah; it seems the Medical Marijuana Policy Project really rigged it in their favor. Check out the discussion in the bottom part of this blog:

30 Facts About Arizona’s New Medical Marijuana Law | NORML Blog, Marijuana Law Reform

Saying it needed all those restrictions to pass was nonsense. Nobody heard squat about any of this in the press before it passed- most people don't even know about it now, which has led to considerable confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by AlThor
    While I agree with you, that's how it was written into Prop 203 as it was voted on by the people. Changing that would be like changing anything else in the proposition, which (if I have it right- I may not) would require something like a 2/3rds vote. This is one reason why voting "yes" on ANY state proposition should be weighed very carefully indeed: if it sucks, repealing it is difficult.
    Just a thought

Maybe they don't need to change the 25-mile rule, just add conditions to it. Like, A patient can grow If
    Patient can prove a financial hardship to afford dispensary prices
    Patient can grow if there are not at least 5 dispensaryâ??s in a 25-mile distance from where they live.
    Patient can grow if they live outside the city limits of any city.
    Patient can grow if a desired strain is unavailable to them.

ADHS has already added many conditions to the rules, certinly they can add some to the 25-mile rule.

Quote Originally Posted by AlThor
    Yeah; it seems the Medical Marijuana Policy Project really rigged it in their favor. Check out the discussion in the bottom part of this blog:

30 Facts About Arizonaâ??s New Medical Marijuana Law | NORML Blog, Marijuana Law Reform

Saying it needed all those restrictions to pass was nonsense. Nobody heard squat about any of this in the press before it passed- most people don't even know about it now, which has led to considerable confusion.
    Great information AlThor, Here it is, the reason for the 25-mile rule "to give a market to the dispensaries in the community so they'd be viable" listen for yourself.
    MPPâ??s Andrew Myers Discusses Medical Marijuana in Arizona | The NORML Stash Blog
    I certainly hope this is being brought to the attention of Will Humble and ADHS. it's a scam to the patient.

this is so much bullshit,EVERY dispensery is FOR PROFIT...if you say its not your'e either gullible or a dispensary owner...you're no different than my dealer,except you have the balls to charge outragous prices,for your "medicine"...my dealer calls it "pot"....and he doesn't gouge the life blood out of me when i buy...i just hope the day comes in my lifetime,that its not a crime...and the bottom drops out of your marketing scam...:thumbsup:
    Who do you think we\'re bullshitin?

Quote Originally Posted by azdesertdweller
    this is so much bullshit,EVERY dispensery is FOR PROFIT...
    But how can they be "for profit" when they have to be nonprofit organizations?

Surely- they can't be in it for the money when they're actively searching for "investors," right?

(Sarcasm!)

ok let's say 1 care giver treats 6 people..they are allowed 5oz a month,your "medicine"is costing 6 people 2500$ a month,totaling 15,000 a month for "originator" of medicine...or 180,000 a year...this is for an "individual" caregiver...
    now lets see,what dispensarys are haulin in...since they have to" supply" themselves,that requires a facility,..INTRUDUCING MASS.production... price drops to a fraction of the original cost...definatly NOT passed on to you...how many people can you cram into a pot store?....lets say 100 a day....each buys just 1 oz...you just made 50,000 today,oh and its only monday....multiply this times 7 then 365..........thats about $127,000,000 a year.....and thats just 1 place folks.......now tell me again how these places are non-profit?

ok let's say 1 care giver treats 6 people..they are allowed 5oz a month,your "medicine"is costing 6 people 2500$ a month,totaling 15,000 a month for "originator" of medicine...or 180,000 a year...this is for an "individual" caregiver...
    now lets see,what dispensarys are haulin in...since they have to" supply" themselves,that requires a facility,..INTRUDUCING MASS.production... price drops to a fraction of the original cost...definatly NOT passed on to you...how many people can you cram into a pot store?....lets say 100 a day....each buys just 1 oz...you just made 50,000 today,oh and its only monday....multiply this times 7 then 365..........thats about $127,000,000 a year.....and thats just 1 place folks.......now tell me again how these places are non-profit?
    First off a caregiver is not allowed to charge anything over cost, and labor is not a cost. If you think people are going to buy 5 zips a month each, you are mistaken. Now we are not saying dispensaries are not in it for the money, cuz that would be wrong. They want to make a buck just like the next guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Smallville
    First off a caregiver is not allowed to charge anything over cost, and labor is not a cost. If you think people are going to buy 5 zips a month each, you are mistaken. Now we are not saying dispensaries are not in it for the money, cuz that would be wrong. They want to make a buck just like the next guy.
    What is the average cost to produce an oz. small scale,say 12 plants indoor? outdoor?

on a production scale ...how can it possibly be more than,20-30 bucks a plant...your producing hundreds of plants/clones a year...caregivers cost will be slightly higher,but an established caregiver,will be cloning his own stock...then what are the costs....fert,water,elect.....you're telling me this costs you 3-4 hundred an ounce to produce?...BULLSHIT...if you can show me a caregiver that gives product away at cost,then i would say "real caregiver".........anybody else,ANYBODY ELSE,who does it exclusively (no other job)is a liscensed dealer,plain and simple,(ya know...how do ya fall into that piece of cake??)...so lets not call these people "healers"or "providers" if they aren't anything more than dealers...and as far as dispensarys go,...yaaa we got them,big deal,i'll never buy there,the point is people...we have got to get this DE-CRIMINALIZED...only then will the bottom drop out of the market,deflating prices,plain economics......what happens when everybody has it,and can get more anywhere?...then i got money that says caregivers and dispensarys will become rare.......ya,its a pipe dream,but so is me payin your weed prices...:thumbsup: call this a rant if you like,i'm just callin it like i see it.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast