Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1495 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

help with MMJ butter

just was wondering if some people have some tips on making yummy MMJ butter?? Thanks 420ers....:thumbsup:
    tango244ns Reviewed by tango244ns on . help with MMJ butter just was wondering if some people have some tips on making yummy MMJ butter?? Thanks 420ers....:thumbsup: Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

help with MMJ butter

1. Grab some nylon pantyhose (acts like a large teabag)
    2. Fill a large pot with water halfway (doesn't matter on the amount of water) and bring it to a boil.
    3. Put in your butter.
    3. Stuff with 1ounce clippings:1pound of butter (last i've done was 3ounces:4lbs of butter and it was killer) into the pantyhose.
    4. Bring the heat down to Medium/low and soak the teabag.
    5. Constantly check on the teabag and stir for 4-6 hours.
    6. Pour the mix in a small/medium sized tupperware container and freeze for 1-2 hours.

The butter and water will separate when its cooled. Water will be on the bottom half (garbage). Green on the top half and that is your butter.

help with MMJ butter

Or use the oil method

Take 7 to 10 grams of bud
    Dry in oven at low heat for about 20 minutes,200 degrees
    Put dried bud in coffee bean grinder and grind to powder
    Add powdered bud to sauce pan with 1/3 cup of canola oil
    Simmer on low heat for about 15 minutes
    Add to your recipe.

I like this way because its faster and easier.

help with MMJ butter

ME! ME! My turn.

LOL

I do it a little different, and it isn't so yummy, but it works well
    All trimmings except the branches (save that for Hash since it will not pulverize well).

Use food processor for first pass, then coffee grinder to really powderize the trim. About 1.5-2 cups of powder per pound of butter.
    Use a crock pot and bring all ingredients to a boil, then keep on lowest setting for 24 hours, stirring when you think about it.
    Cool enough that your hands can take the temperature.
    Use nylons or a cotton cloth as a filter and place into a container so you can pour the entire mixture in and still gather up the cloth. Twist and squeeze out the butter from the mix. Refrigerate to solidify.

I don't know about other butters, but this stuff reeks and will really stink up a refrigerator, so keep covered.

help with MMJ butter

thanks for all the help..off to the kitchen i go...HA HA Thanks.

help with MMJ butter

i like to use fresh semi dry trim and not grind it up. i add 1 lb butter to 3 oz. semi dry trim. melt butter in crock pot, fill half full of water then add trim. let simmer for at least 12 hours then strain with kitchen strainer pressing all liquid out then pour 2 or 3 cups of boiling water over trimmings and press again. let stand in the fridge over night. take butter from container and melt in large pan on stove then add 6 to 8 cups water and bring to a slow boil for 5 minutes and strain with cheese cloth and let that set over night in the fridge. most of the time this takes most of the seed and stem taste out. if you have a lot of green trim i some times melt and rinse for a 3rd time. this makes for an easy on the pallet butter that will get the job done with hardly any grainy texture.