Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1459 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Low Stress Training

been doing a little reading, and ive been thinking about trying this on one of my plants

any thoughts?

advice?
    dkm287 Reviewed by dkm287 on . Low Stress Training been doing a little reading, and ive been thinking about trying this on one of my plants any thoughts? advice? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Low Stress Training

go for it. water at least one hour before trying to bend, preferrably the day before. stop 7-10 days before putting into flower.

-shake

Low Stress Training

ive been running my lights 16/8 for 3 weeks, is this a problem?

Low Stress Training

LST has nothing to do with lighting, other than don't do it in flower (or 7-10 days before the transistion as you want to allow the plant time to recover and the growth hormone auxin to be redistributed to the auxillary bud sites).

-shake

Low Stress Training

If it goes snap you went to far :wtf:

Low Stress Training

Hah if it goes snap, wouldn't that be high stress training?

I really just want to know what the big difference between creating a bush and just letting my ladies grow how they feel like naturally

I've read that it is supposes to give you denser buds and a higher yeild? (on top of having a really cool looking plant):jointsmile:

Any truth behind this? or will I not notice much difference in bud quality?

Low Stress Training

each strain is it's own beast. some love to be topped while others don't; so it could or might not increase yield, it could actually diminish it. it doesn't make your buds denser. there is no difference bud quality.

-shake

Low Stress Training

Quote Originally Posted by tinytoon
    If it goes snap you went to far :wtf:
    and even if it snaps, your still in the clear if you dont flower for a couple of weeks.

Low Stress Training

Quote Originally Posted by dkm287
    I really just want to know what the big difference between creating a bush and just letting my ladies grow how they feel like naturally
    I've read that it is supposes to give you denser buds and a higher yeild? (on top of having a really cool looking plant):jointsmile:
    For me, it's essential to maximize yields indoors. I use a 150watt hps, which isn't the greatest for light penetration; therefore, LST allows for even light distribution to the grow tips/bud sites. This results in my canopy looking like a ScroG method. If I would let it grow natural, the lower 2/3rds would be starving for light, and my yield would definitely suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by dkm287
    Any truth behind this? or will I not notice much difference in bud quality?
    If I didn't LST, I would have a higher proportion of popcorn/airy buds with less trichomes present. Since I LST, I have more bud sites getting direct light, which ensures increased weight/crystals.

Quote Originally Posted by headshake
    each strain is it's own beast. some love to be topped while others don't; so it could or might not increase yield, it could actually diminish it.
    This is true, depends on the strain. See if you can get advice on your strain if people have LST'd it before and how she reacted.
    Careful shake, don't get topping mixed up with LST. I have done both methods and it seems LST is a little more effective.

Quote Originally Posted by headshake
    it doesn't make your buds denser. there is no difference bud quality.
    I have to disagree here. Budsites on the lower part of the plant are exposed to direct light after being LST'd. Increased light = increased energy available = increased production

Here's a pic (after she was untied)
    Cannabis Forums Message Boards - Medical Marijuana, Cannabis Club, Dispensary, News

Low Stress Training

nice plant dougal, what was the total yield?

i know the difference between LST and topping. i was just blazed. they are essentially the same thing, with LST being just a bit less stressful.

the act of LST or topping itself doesn't make your buds more dense or potent. and there is a lot more that goes into it than just light. i can accomplish the same thing with side lighting and no LST or topping. your environment and nutrient regiment are just as important as light.

-shake

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast