Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1554 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Grafting?

Anyone else tried this? :rastasmoke:

Interesting vid here,.... grafting marijuana - Videos - The WEED Report

I've followed the basic advice from 2:50 to around 3:40 and here's my results of splicing an AK-47 cutting to a shoot off of my blueberry mom

I used surgical tape to hold the graft in place, and originally left all the fan leaves on the cutting.

Pic 1: Just after cutting,... still test fitting and figuring out the best way to seal the bag up. (It's hard to see but the tape joint is mid picture! )
    Pic 2: The graft wilted horribly, I didn't think it would make it, so I trimmed off all the larger fan leaves and left only the top growth and branch nodes.
    Pic 3: My current blueberry bonsai mom,... can you see the graft?
    Pic 4: There it is! It's growing happy, no humidity bag for the last 3 day's and growth is showing on every node of the graft, so tonight I pulled the tape off the joint.
    Pic 5: There's the joint/ scar,... it's covered in random growth,... with luck now that I've removed the covering of tape it will just scar over and the cutting will continue to take off.
    canniwhatsis Reviewed by canniwhatsis on . Grafting? Anyone else tried this? :rastasmoke: Interesting vid here,.... grafting marijuana - Videos - The WEED Report I've followed the basic advice from 2:50 to around 3:40 and here's my results of splicing an AK-47 cutting to a shoot off of my blueberry mom I used surgical tape to hold the graft in place, and originally left all the fan leaves on the cutting. Pic 1: Just after cutting,... still test fitting and figuring out the best way to seal the bag up. :o (It's hard to see but the Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Grafting?

This is a technique I'm going to keep working with,... if anyone has any better ideas or suggestions I'm open to hear em!

Grafting?

Very interesting. Please keep us updated with how she grows. Always been curious about grafting. Read an article recently on tissue cultures with cannabis, that's another one I'm really curious to see come around to the mainstream.

Good stuff :thumbsup:

Grafting?

all this about crossing genetics?

i know i've broken a couple colas completely off and just used some duct tape and bandaged it up. no setbacks at all just grew a knot there where it forged itself back together. very awesome to know that works!

i always wondered if you did that with two different strains what would be the outcome, lol. either gene domination or some cool cross strain buds. sounds delicious anyway.

Grafting?

My guess is that it's going to produce 2 distinctly different types of pot off of the same root mass. I don't think a graft will cause genetic changes, but I haven't done it either, so take that with a grain of salt. I expect you to have a relatively normal plant, with one branch of totally different buds on it.

We shall see :jointsmile:

Grafting?

Quote Originally Posted by irydyum
    My guess is that it's going to produce 2 distinctly different types of pot off of the same root mass. I don't think a graft will cause genetic changes, but I haven't done it either, so take that with a grain of salt. I expect you to have a relatively normal plant, with one branch of totally different buds on it.

We shall see :jointsmile:
    my mother-in-law just had a tomato plant growing. she was planting other things at the same time, including watermelons. well a watermelon seed must have got into the tomato pot too because the tomato plant started growing a watermelon! no bullshit. unfortunately some critters got to it before i could get a pic.

she did some research on it (i have not yet) and she found that it's not common i guess but it does/can happen. one seed will wait for the other to grow and get strong and then use it as somewhat of a host i guess. pretty crazy.

i do agree though that grafting shouldn't produce anything but a normal plant with a different branch. not quite sure how the two DNAs would go about mixing?

-shake

Grafting?

Quote Originally Posted by headshake
    not quite sure how the two DNAs would go about mixing?

-shake
    You get one drunk, then let nature take it's course. At least that's my personal experience with mixing DNA.

Grafting?

Quote Originally Posted by irydyum
    You get one drunk, then let nature take it's course. At least that's my personal experience with mixing DNA.
    ROTFLMAO!

"drink this glass of bud candy girl....."

-shake

Grafting?

Quote Originally Posted by canniwhatsis
    Anyone else tried this?
    Well done, Canniwhatsis!

I've tossed the idea around, but never gave it a try with cannabis. Got a few miniature lemon and lime trees I've diddled around with, though.

I think it's an awesome idea. To be able to have a mom, with several different strains sharing a single root-mass...that would be incredible. What a space-saver. Sounds too good to work.

I look forward to seeing how she works out for ya! :thumbsup:

Grafting?

This is about having one mother bearing many different fruits .......very
    cool when you only have six ladys

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast