Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1598 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Grafting?

Quote Originally Posted by canniwhatsis

I want to take a cutting off of a graft, and the original mom and set them to flower side by side and see if the flavor changes? :hippy:

I would be surprised to see a flavor change, but there might be a difference

in yield. For some reason it seems like your taking a clone from a clone.

Grafting?

Well, yes,... Actually a clone from a clone of a clone.

The strains are all clones from the dispensary, then I'm cloning it by grafting to the host root structure, then cutting clones from the graft.

I"m playing with this ATM, and plan on doing a seed grown root structure in the future if it all works out. :hippy:

Grafting?

IN all of my posts in this string I was assuming we were talking about tops
    and clones of new plants from seed to a host which could be any strong healthy plant(clone or seed).

I'm sorry...... I should have been more specific

4.   Advertisements

Grafting?

There was another thread on here that got pretty heated about cloning and genetic drift over time.

But No, ATM it's all clones I'm playing with.

I'm going to try something either tonight or tomorrow, My ISS clone is large enough to take cuttings, so I'm thinking of grafting a Durban Poison cutting to one of the branches, then let it veg a little before flowering.

Kinda wonder how an Indica branch would do on a Sativa root structure for flowering? Maybe a 3 way bloom? ISS DP and Big bud? :stoned:

Yeah,... this could be fun. :hippy:

Grafting?

Did you take any clones from the blueberry?

How much weight did you get from that plant?

I was considering a grafting onto a cut down plant, should have one in about

3 or 4 wks :wtf:

I thought I had to have 50 post to post a picture

Grafting?

"There was another thread on here that got pretty heated about cloning and genetic drift over time."

And genetic drift does happen, and it can be accelerated by grafting onto other genetic stock. This happens quite often with roses, and this is also how we got a few hybrid fruits.

Grafting?

This is why I still have all my singe strain mothers,.... until I'm certain that I won't wind up with an AK 47 bud that tastes like blueberry off of a clone from the grafted mom I don't want to destroy the pure genome.

Do you think that the grafted nodes could effect the overall flavor of the host plant?

And I've heard conflicting story's about grafting hops, MJ to hop roots works, but won't produce THC? Hops to MJ roots won't work,.... but I've also heard that it will work and infuses hops with TCH? If this is true, I have some good friends in the beer business, I want to take a shot at "Bud" beer!

Grafting?

This is why I still have all my singe strain mothers,.... until I'm certain that I won't wind up with an AK 47 bud that tastes like blueberry off of a clone from the grafted mom I don't want to destroy the pure genome.

Do you think that the grafted nodes could effect the overall flavor of the host plant?

And I've heard conflicting story's about grafting hops, MJ to hop roots works, but won't produce THC? Hops to MJ roots won't work,.... but I've also heard that it will work and infuses hops with TCH? If this is true, I have some good friends in the beer business, I want to take a shot at "Bud" beer!
    I think most anything is possible with nature, as nature sets the rules. We've seen it hapen in other plant graftings, I don't see why it couldn't be possible in this case.

And the graft you are referring to actually produced a hybrid, known as Australian Bastard Cannabis.

Grafting?

Hmmm,.... interesting strain.

Couldn't find anything saying how it came about, only one reference to it and grafting to hops, tho it looked like it was an ABC cutting that was grafted to hop stalks to camouflage the grow. I didn't read the whole thread tho.

Grafting?

Hmmm,.... interesting strain.

Couldn't find anything saying how it came about, only one reference to it and grafting to hops, tho it looked like it was an ABC cutting that was grafted to hop stalks to camouflage the grow. I didn't read the whole thread tho.
    This and Ducksfoot are hybrid strains of other cannabis-genus plants, if I recall correctly.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast