Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1609 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Grafting?

Wow,... haven't hit this site in a LONG time!!!! and tonight was just looking for pics!

Grafting is certainly a worthy experiment, and I'm continuing to do so, just not so active on this site :icon401:

@ Randomking;

If you can get a woody graft to take on cannabis more power to ya brother!!!!! Please post your methods and success story as often as you can so I don't miss it on any site I might be on!:clap::hippy:

In all reality, how ever large of clone you can get to root,... you should be able to graft to an appropriate host using appropriate methods

However,...

That being said, I've had much reduced luck cloning larger cuttings with woddy stalks, (tho it's not impossible, the success rate is reduced greatly)

Still don't like the new smiley list on this site! :toilet_claw:

Grafting?

Quote Originally Posted by williboy
    Ga grown, didn't mean wait till the mass was big, just graft the plants earily on, in the veg state and wait to see if the sativa rootmass becomes as big as ususal or if it respondes to only meet the demand put on it by the normally smaller indica variety, still the results could facinate.
    If your grafting an indica scion to a Sativa root mass that still has the sativa host growing. Well, I've never gotten it done, but others have,.... so far I can't read much into any success with increasing anything, tho I'm following another thread closely on another site where a grower is doing a 10x experiment with grafting that should prove interesting.

Yeah, I'm doing good, but I'm no guru for sure! :twocents:

Grafting?

Quote Originally Posted by canniwhatsis
    If your grafting an indica scion to a Sativa root mass that still has the sativa host growing. Well, I've never gotten it done, but others have,.... so far I can't read much into any success with increasing anything, tho I'm following another thread closely on another site where a grower is doing a 10x experiment with grafting that should prove interesting.
    Hey Canniwhatsis, I was looking at your grow albums. I commented on the 2nd picture in your first album. Nice looking shrubs! Hope all is well with you. I still love the grafting project. I am about to do a reveg which I'll also give over to grafting. I'll let you know how it goes.

Grafting?

Canna , what are you utilisng for cloning? If you haven't already tried it then perhaps you might want to try Dip-n-Grow or the Woods Rooting compound , much better success with larger woodier cuttings. I've cloned many a fruit tree cutting etc using the 10 to 1 dilution , use 20-1 for these , if extraordinarily woody try 15 to 1. A 2 oz bottle of Dip-n-Gro is good for roughly 2k cuttings at 20 to 1 , though reality is with waste factors it's more like half that , still they are the most economical and best performing on the market , and I've tried 'em all.

Drop me a p.m. if you would be so kind as to where there's a good ongoing grafting discussion. I'm about to attempt it with cannabis , been doing it for quite some time with fruit trees. Kudos to you and highly informative.

5.   Advertisements

Grafting?

Interesting thread . I want to know more about this in future. Thanks for posting...

Grafting?

Hey, sorry to reply to such an old thread, but I had some thoughts on grafts with woody stems and the potential effects of grafting a small shrubby indica onto a heavy root producing sativa.

I imagine the most foolproof method of grafting woody stems would be another bonsai technique I've seen a lot of success with. It's called approach grafting, and it's only slightly more technical than the way that trees graft themselves in nature. Basically the way it works is take two rooted plants, shave some bark off the stems where you want them to graft, and then tie the wounded stems together. This way your scion is getting everything it needs from its own root system, and like air layering vs. cloning, it should have a pretty high success rate. here's a link: http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/p.../approach.html
    after the graft takes, you can then remove the top of the rootstock and the roots of the scion... or just have a double rooted, double topped plant, if that's what your going for.

As far as the idea of an indica on sativa rootstock, I get the feeling that the indica top might grow faster and more vigorous. One of the primary reasons that fruit trees are grafted at the base is to use the roots of a tree that's been bred to stay small. This restricts the growth of the scion and usually keeps them small and manageable. Apple trees grown from seed can get 50+ feet tall, but when you graft one to a dwarfing rootstock they top out at maybe 30 feet in 15-20 years.
    Now I'm not sure that this would work the other way. The indica might just grow at its normal rate and you could end up with a weird, bulgy graft union.

Anyway, I'd love to see an update to this thread if any more work has been done, and I'd be really curious how flowering would go with a grafted plant.

Thanks for reading, and keep up the innovative work!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516