Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1915 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Fed up with edibles not working

Now i'm a man with plenty of bud to go around for ages, so i'll try anything it takes to get edibles to work, and I can't beleive they havent so far. I don't use dank for the butter, only high headies, but that really shouldn't matter. Here's what i've done so far

4x Firecrackers
    Oven to 320F, powdered bud mixed in with natural pb + butter mix between 2 crackers, cook for 22 minutes. Didn't work for anyone that I ate them, and I made them 4 separate times

Cannabutter
    Bring water to boil, add 1 stick of butter, add 3.5g bud, 15g ABV, 15g stems and crap, turn to low heat. Simmer on low heat for 3 hours, strain then into fridge to seperate. This worked a little, split the stick between 4 people (in brownies), 2 of whom didn't feel anything.

Bud Ramen
    Bring water to boil, add half stick of butter, add 1.3G of bud, simmer on low-med heat for 1.5 hours, add noodles and eat. No effect

I don't understand why I am failing so hard with this. I've done hours and hours of research on how to make this stuff, but nothing has worked. I think it may be something like:
    -Oven temperature is either too high/low, destroying or not activating THC
    -Cooked the butter too long, destroyed THC

I'm definetely using enough bud, and it's good bud, but still nothing. Everything I do looks EXACTLY like the pictures i've been looking at. The cannabutter even came out pretty green. I may try boiling instead of simmering but I've read mixed thoughts on that. Any help is appreciated, I really want to get into edibles.

I'm going to try Bob's recipe next, (Cannabis Butter / CannaButter Recipes) which calls for simmering for ~22 hours, will report results...
    rsjrv99 Reviewed by rsjrv99 on . Fed up with edibles not working Now i'm a man with plenty of bud to go around for ages, so i'll try anything it takes to get edibles to work, and I can't beleive they havent so far. I don't use dank for the butter, only high headies, but that really shouldn't matter. Here's what i've done so far 4x Firecrackers Oven to 320F, powdered bud mixed in with natural pb + butter mix between 2 crackers, cook for 22 minutes. Didn't work for anyone that I ate them, and I made them 4 separate times Cannabutter Bring water to Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

try using better weed

Dude, I feel your pain!!! I have tried every kind of edible out there and nothing. Even stuff that makes other people rocket to space does nothing for me. So far the only thing I found that it does is make my buzz last longer when I smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by drudown11
    try using better weed
    That isn't the problem

Quote Originally Posted by McLuvin
    Dude, I feel your pain!!! I have tried every kind of edible out there and nothing. Even stuff that makes other people rocket to space does nothing for me. So far the only thing I found that it does is make my buzz last longer when I smoke.
    The thing is, the batches i've made haven't gotten any of the 4 people effects, or at least not more than a little effect, so unless we are all just somewhat immune to it, which I doubt, then it must be something wrong with my preparation

follow this:

http://boards.cannabis.com/recipes/8...utter-how.html

maybe you just need it really strong for it to work for you.

smoke a little and eat a little u wont lose

Quote Originally Posted by rsjrv99
    Now i'm a man with plenty of bud to go around for ages, so i'll try anything it takes to get edibles to work, and I can't beleive they havent so far. I don't use dank for the butter, only high headies, but that really shouldn't matter. Here's what i've done so far

4x Firecrackers
    Oven to 320F, powdered bud mixed in with natural pb + butter mix between 2 crackers, cook for 22 minutes. Didn't work for anyone that I ate them, and I made them 4 separate times

Cannabutter
    Bring water to boil, add 1 stick of butter, add 3.5g bud, 15g ABV, 15g stems and crap, turn to low heat. Simmer on low heat for 3 hours, strain then into fridge to seperate. This worked a little, split the stick between 4 people (in brownies), 2 of whom didn't feel anything.

Bud Ramen
    Bring water to boil, add half stick of butter, add 1.3G of bud, simmer on low-med heat for 1.5 hours, add noodles and eat. No effect

I don't understand why I am failing so hard with this. I've done hours and hours of research on how to make this stuff, but nothing has worked. I think it may be something like:
    -Oven temperature is either too high/low, destroying or not activating THC
    -Cooked the butter too long, destroyed THC

I'm definetely using enough bud, and it's good bud, but still nothing. Everything I do looks EXACTLY like the pictures i've been looking at. The cannabutter even came out pretty green. I may try boiling instead of simmering but I've read mixed thoughts on that. Any help is appreciated, I really want to get into edibles.

I'm going to try Bob's recipe next, (Cannabis Butter / CannaButter Recipes) which calls for simmering for ~22 hours, will report results...
    keys are
    good weed
    real butter and not margarine/country crock type stuff
    grind MJ real fine
    take your time do not rush it crock pots work great as long as you dont get it to hot
    This post is a figment of your imagination, I am not a real person and this is all made up :thumbsup:

I think it could be something with the way your body is absorbing cannabinoids...some people absorb drugs better than others. I know liver function affects serum levels of prescription drugs, so why not THC as well? So given the fact that cannabinoids are often metabolized by the liver, I could see how it's function could affect how much/how little psychoactive affect you get from ingesting oral THC...I made a batch of tea that me and a friend split...I got tore up...he said he didn't feel hardly anything....it has to be differences in metabolism....

Try eating some lethicin gelcaps a day or 2 before consuming or if a regular user just take one a day, see if that doesn't help. I'm thining your temp may be a little high as ovens vary you need to measure in the weed/pb/oil ect mixture. It realy can get you super high, don't give up.
    STIMPY21

Follow the Master Wu green dragon recipe, then ingest a teaspoon on an empty stomach. Wait 1 hr and start smoking. If that doesn't work, quit trying.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast