Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1722 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Reporting my hair test results

Hey guys I wanted to report my results to everyone...

I need to take a hair drug test for a job I am looking to get, and I bought HairConfirm hair drug test kit online to test myself to see where I'm at. I smoke marijuana every day so I am definitely considered a heavy smoker. I stopped smoking cold turkey when I found out about the hair test for the job.

On my sixth day of sobriety, I sent in my hair to the HairConfirm lab. At that point, I had washed my hair with baking soda and laundry detergent three times since I stopped smoking.

Well, I got my HairConfirm results back and it did indeed come back positive for marijuana. The amount of THC metabolite detected was .32pg/mg. The cut-off was .30pg/mg. What do these numbers mean exactly? Does it mean I was very close to passing, but had just slightly enough to get a positive?

My actual drug test for the job is on Monday (5 days from the time I write this). Do you recommend the Jerry G method as my only hope for passing?
    nodeal Reviewed by nodeal on . Reporting my hair test results Hey guys I wanted to report my results to everyone... I need to take a hair drug test for a job I am looking to get, and I bought HairConfirm hair drug test kit online to test myself to see where I'm at. I smoke marijuana every day so I am definitely considered a heavy smoker. I stopped smoking cold turkey when I found out about the hair test for the job. On my sixth day of sobriety, I sent in my hair to the HairConfirm lab. At that point, I had washed my hair with baking soda and Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by nodeal
    Hey guys I wanted to report my results to everyone...

I need to take a hair drug test for a job I am looking to get, and I bought HairConfirm hair drug test kit online to test myself to see where I'm at. I smoke marijuana every day so I am definitely considered a heavy smoker. I stopped smoking cold turkey when I found out about the hair test for the job.

On my sixth day of sobriety, I sent in my hair to the HairConfirm lab. At that point, I had washed my hair with baking soda and laundry detergent three times since I stopped smoking.

Well, I got my HairConfirm results back and it did indeed come back positive for marijuana. The amount of THC metabolite detected was .32pg/mg. The cut-off was .30pg/mg. What do these numbers mean exactly? Does it mean I was very close to passing, but had just slightly enough to get a positive?

My actual drug test for the job is on Monday (5 days from the time I write this). Do you recommend the Jerry G method as my only hope for passing?
    I haven't really had any experience with these tests and am not familiar with the cutoff levels. From what I gather, you were right above the cutoff levels with .32pg(picograms)/per milligram of hair. Hair testing is alot different than urine testing. For urine testing, THCA can be removed from the fat cells of the body over time by exercise and a high fiber diet. So failing the hair test by a minimal amount doesn't mean that you will continue to shed or lose THCA metabolites until your below cutoff levels. With hair your basically stuck with it until you cut(or remove) the dirty hair. And given your time frame your basically down to the last resort.

So, with all this being said... I recommend you follow Jerry G's method to the "T" and you'll have a 85% chance of passing.

Jerry G method would be my best bet but at this point I have neither the time nor the financial resources to obtain all the products necessary. Also, I'm not too keen on putting all these different chemicals in my hair.

I just tried to keep it simple: baking soda and laundry detergent. I used it three times prior to sending in the HairConfirm sample, so hopefully that is what brought my levels down to .32pg/mg (I don't see how else it could be that low since I smoked everyday before I found out about this hair test). I've applied it a few more times since then, and will do it once more before my hair test tomorrow.

Wish me luck! If I fail, then that's a huge loss for this company -- I would be a huge asset to them, as many of us marijuana users would be to many companies. Drug testing is unfair, and hurts both parties.

Quote Originally Posted by nodeal
    Jerry G method would be my best bet but at this point I have neither the time nor the financial resources to obtain all the products necessary. Also, I'm not too keen on putting all these different chemicals in my hair.

I just tried to keep it simple: baking soda and laundry detergent. I used it three times prior to sending in the HairConfirm sample, so hopefully that is what brought my levels down to .32pg/mg (I don't see how else it could be that low since I smoked everyday before I found out about this hair test). I've applied it a few more times since then, and will do it once more before my hair test tomorrow.

Wish me luck! If I fail, then that's a huge loss for this company -- I would be a huge asset to them, as many of us marijuana users would be to many companies. Drug testing is unfair, and hurts both parties.
    Good luck man...I think you should reconsider using Jerry's method but that's up to you. I'll cross my fingers for ya.

Be sure to let us know your results.

Quote Originally Posted by Deige
    Good luck man...I think you should reconsider using Jerry's method but that's up to you. I'll cross my fingers for ya.

Be sure to let us know your results.
    As far as highest probability of success, I think Jerry G is the way to go, and in that respect I SHOULD do it if I really want this job. But to be honest, I personally wouldn't use it unless it was a job that meant EVERYTHING to me. This job that I'm looking to get (although a fantastic opportunity) is just not the be-all, end-all of employment opportunities. I believe I can find employment with just as much (maybe even more) potential elsewhere if I apply myself.

I feel bad for people that fail these tests. It's easy to get bummed on it and feel like you missed out on something great all because of a personal habit that affects no one else except you (and the effects it has on you are -- for the most part -- POSITIVE). Truth is, businesses are missing OUT by not hiring people like us. Such a large majority of pot-users have so much to contribute, have so many skills, have so much insight -- and yet so many are turned away because of a lousy metabolite contained within their body.

If a pot smoker is a liability to a company, then how about the person that comes in hopped up on caffeine? -- the guy that never gets enough sleep? -- the guy that comes to work Monday morning hung over because he was getting drunk celebrating Sunday football? -- the one who pops pain meds daily? -- the woman who craves nicotine all damn day? -- the fat person who risks a heart attack every time he gets up from his damn desk?-- When will the nonsense end?

/rant

I will definitely report my results -- I owe it to the community

So where are your results then?

ok just realised you only posted 6 days ago and had not taken the test at that point, apologies, please do tell us the results when you have them