Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1667 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

VIABLE Hemp Seed?

hey
    does anyone know where to buy viable (grow-able) hemp seed?

no, not for smoking ( ive already got over 40+ different strains of cannabis seed) but for growing. there are about 35 of us locally in my area on the same street that are 215/430 and we would like to start growing hemp in pots (female of course as not to interfere with our legal grows) as sort of a protest against the growth of industrial hemp. we have already thought about growing MJ like that, but you know that as soon as someone seen it they would probably steal it. at least with hemp, the word would get around it wasnt the psychoactive type, and im sure most wouldn't bother.
    TheShastaCoMan Reviewed by TheShastaCoMan on . VIABLE Hemp Seed? hey does anyone know where to buy viable (grow-able) hemp seed? no, not for smoking ( ive already got over 40+ different strains of cannabis seed) but for growing. there are about 35 of us locally in my area on the same street that are 215/430 and we would like to start growing hemp in pots (female of course as not to interfere with our legal grows) as sort of a protest against the growth of industrial hemp. we have already thought about growing MJ like that, but you know that as soon as Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

VIABLE Hemp Seed?

Oh NO!! The risk to the exisiting genetic pool is too great. A single male "hemp" (no THC) plant could wreck havoc on the local MMJ grows. (The resultant seed "could" get used, and so on...) I'm not being facetious either. I live in Bella Visa, just a breeze away. btw, my MMJ seed stock is "native" to The Cove, with unknown, but worthy, parents. Let's not take the chance with a bunch of bad pollen floating around.

And, consider this: It's not legal to grow hemp. Our MMJ recommends are ONLY for growing for medicinal use of MJ, not anything else. This policy continues under Prop 19 - hemp will ONLY be permitted with additional enabling legislation. "Certified" hemp seed is strictly controlled in the USofA - It's difficult for the farmers (North Dakota? - could go to ND...)to get it. It's MUCH easier to obtain drug_cannabis seed.

I'm not sure what your "protest" statement is re: industrial hemp... Against it?

I worry a LOT less about robbers this year than last year. Nobody wants to grab unidentified outdoor grow! Have some class. Like showing up with a bunch of ditch weed in your truck. Seriously, I think a lot of the pressure is off just because there is so much around. I don't care if PG&E, or Davey Tree, see my grow. We just laugh about it. The neighbors just laugh about it. Like you know, if anybody is so up tite as to call the SO, they're just told, "nope - not big enough, not nearly big enough". Plus, the deputies will treat a MMJ robbery just like any other robbery, and you will get your medicine back. Next year it will be even more causal - 19 or not. Just put some of your good MMJ seed in your planter and call it hemp.

VIABLE Hemp Seed?

It you wanted the best, it's from The Bast Fiber Research Institute in the Ukraine Hemp Permit

VIABLE Hemp Seed?

I know i'm a little late to the conversation (2 years lol) but if i was you i would just put my male mj plants outside.

VIABLE Hemp Seed?

Not for sale but we have hemp growing wild in Indiana. Quite certain it is viable.