Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1619 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Inside SWOP...video from Channel 4!

Hello Everyone,

It has been a while since I have been on the site due to some family and health issues and I apologize up front for my lack of participation.

With that being said, Channel 4 News (KOB) ran a piece last night on the 10 o'clock news that was pretty interesting. Talk about some beautiful plants!

The link is here:

Medical Marijuana: An intimate look inside one dispensary | KOB.com

There will be another spot on the 10 O'clock news tonight (27 Sep 2010) on KOB Channel 4 that will spotlight some patients.

The only nit picking observation I had was the use of the term "TriCHROME" as opposed to "Trichome". Other than that it was a great piece and I salute the SWOP folks for letting us all take a peek into their facility!

Sandia Reviewed by Sandia on . Inside SWOP...video from Channel 4! Hello Everyone, It has been a while since I have been on the site due to some family and health issues and I apologize up front for my lack of participation. With that being said, Channel 4 News (KOB) ran a piece last night on the 10 o'clock news that was pretty interesting. Talk about some beautiful plants! The link is here: Medical Marijuana: An intimate look inside one dispensary | KOB.com Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

that was a nice room they showed. I am thinking that was their sativa room, since almost all if not all looked sativa or sativa dom, I noticed right away no co2, but they didn't show the room much so they could have been somewhere else, or maybe just pipes and a exterior tanks. I also noticed the pots they are in are small, another thing I noticed the bottoms were little, no lolly popping happing. A better trimmed plant would yield more (possibly some more topping). I wounder what their Indica doms look like. it is not too bad, but their is room for improvement. looks well on into the season and close to harvest in their. I was trying to do a light count for that room, more lights might be nice, I also saw no a/c so I am assuming it is not a closed environment, which would explain allot. Very nice room though, I would definitely look into bigger pots for that jungle and some topping and focus on getting those steams to about 3 or 4 inches in diameter at the base, and cleaning the low base of the plant or lolly pop it, focusing more growth on the top half. soil works well I would stay with it, but more is needed they are draining to fast cause the plant is to big for the pot. Sativas are harder caseu they take long to mature means more nutes more time etc. and yield is not as good, more indicas might be better even if just for the beginning. That was cool though a medical grow in the NM

trichrome? but they are called trichromes?

Quote Originally Posted by blackhash
    Interesting report.

I was surprised that the grower himself said "Trichrome".
    ? I am still like what lol im all baked he said it right? or right enough? lol

LMAO, no wonder the non-profits are charing people such ridiculous prices.
    They got idiots doing their growing for them. TRICHROMES:thumbsup:

*and by idiots I mean that in the nicest way possible*:jointsmile:

I don't get it guys, trichs, tris, chromes or cromes, crystals? sounds right to me as long as you don't call it sugar sounds good enough, Maybe some one can explain it to me? cause I'm not the smartest Berrie in the bush. but the room could have been worse, it wasn't that bad most of the plants were yellowing I would say all of this is a result on the small pots, root locked and a possibility of heat casue summer was just around. I have seen way worse, but their was allot of nice buds in their could have been a weird strain where little buds is what it is could also be environment problems, who knows but never hate on someones nice stuff, sure it has room for improvement but I don't think NM is letting the pros with 60 years experience grow, now that we have seen the room though we can spot some things and I'm sure they will start to improve on it. what i saw is not 100% but it is definitely not 50% I saw allot of buds well and healthy.

but the whole tricome thing I don't really understand? Maybe he was medicated, and besides most of the world says trichromes, either way potato patato. does look like their trying though, with some bigger pots I think allot might get better. then some lolli popin and some trimming and who knows bigger yields might be happing in their indica room.

oh something on stretching keep the fans on em a little harder during veg this will thicken the stalk and keep the inter-nodes closer together , then trim to get more branching and more tops. Possibly get the light closer during veg. I got respect for anyone trying out there, NM has a problem but those trying to help are not the problem lol, with rooms that big, these guys are making an effort to get medicine where it is needed, which is more than most are doing, so Go SWOP Do it and Do it good, got nothing but good vibes for you guys, improvement comes when you know the problems, and improvement comes from experimentation and listening to those who have done it before. which I think SWOP is doing, they just need more advice then dam what happened to that room.

I think all of you with your negative comments should not post. Swops room may not have been perfect, and the plants may not be beautiful to most, but they look 100% better then what i am able to do right now. BRAVO!!!! GOOD JOB SWOP!!!!! We need more people like them...despite not knowing how to grow they took one the job to help us. Has anyone heard you learn form your mistakes, practice makes perfect, there are many more. My first grow was not that great i am sure yours wasn't either but as you get more grows under your belt you learn to read the plants and produce better looking medication.
    They are learning just as you were learning. It took alot of courage to get up in front of all of new mexico and do that and shame on you for making harsh comments.
    Who cares he added an R half the people i talk to including me add an R. Watch out everyone we have the grammar patrol on our asses we better consult the dictionary or thesaurus before speaking because if not then good honest hard working people are gonna get slammed by people they thought were their peers.

Swop is a compassionate group of people and just because of that one reason i will not order form any other producer.

There is my 2 cents.