Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1456 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

PurpleRoot's first grow log

Plants are doing ok. I add nutes, hygrozyme, and sometimes a little h202 on tuesdays and fridays. Res changes are every tuesday, sometimes every other. ph stays in the area of 5.8-6.7, res temps always under 70. Average temps are about 73-77. Humidity is normally around 30%, I mist several times a day if I'm home. (Also at night when I close off the room from light, the humidity gets to about 53%, so the plants are getting 12 hours of decent humidity, there is a ciculation fan constantly going) I started flowering on November 5- so they have been in the flower phase for 23 days. The bottom leaves on some of the plants are turning yellow and drying up, I believe I read this is common and expected because of the low N.

I continue to expand my knowledge, actually seen a decent program on cnbc about marijuana horticulture, very interesting stuff, the emerald triangle in cali... crazy crazy crazy..... really appears to be a different world out there, I wanna venture my way out there eventually, meet a sage old grower and become his apprentice! lol, we can dream.....

[attachment=o260163]
    [attachment=o260164]
    [attachment=o260165]
    [attachment=o260166]
    [attachment=o260167]

good stuff, its probly more difficult to start off in hydro, i like the fact you did both...thats some nice experiance for 1 run...only thing im going add is isint hygrozeme for vegatation only? I dont think you should be adding it or using it as a foliar spray in flower...but i could be wrong...

cannis...I want that LED light for my veg box, glad i havent bought a quantam T5 badboy yet
    \"Just doing what I can, w/ what I got\"

Quote Originally Posted by steezyd
    good stuff, its probly more difficult to start off in hydro, i like the fact you did both...thats some nice experiance for 1 run...only thing im going add is isint hygrozeme for vegatation only? I dont think you should be adding it or using it as a foliar spray in flower...but i could be wrong...

cannis...I want that LED light for my veg box, glad i havent bought a quantam T5 badboy yet
    thanks steezyd im not really sure about the hygrozyme, the bottle suggests using all the way through. i've read mixed opinions online and in books, basically I'm using about 12ml to 6 gallons, the recommended dose is up to 15ml per gallon, I use it because I got rot randomly floating around, so I use it to promote healthy roots.... without it my roots didn't do much growing and were dark orange in color, the roots with it are still orange, but lighter, and the roots have obvious signs of new growth with little hairs coming out of the ends. i use it in conjuction with h202, I try not to use h202 any more and have all but cut it out, used to use it daily, now I might use once or twice a week. I noticed I started to get wilted leaves with tears, I believe it was due to salt build up. I have no knowledge what so ever if I'm correct or not, I'm going on what I've learned, and experience and what appears to work and what dosen't. This grow I started off sloppy, so if there is a next time, my plants will have a better start. In the begining my res temps were well over 90 and I developed root rot, had light leaks, and all kind of newb mistakes. I've fixed those mistakes, so hopefully the next round will go smoother and healthier... no more light leaks, temps always under 70, etc etc.

So my first grow is going to be coming to a close within a few weeks. Besides getting root rot and carrying it all the way through my grow, the plants did an all right job. Buds look nice and fat, exploding with cystals, hairs are turning orange and I believe the tricomes will be cloudy shortly. I've cut back on nutes to began to flush out the buds.

Camera is acting up again, I will add pictures before I chop her down, just so I can "complete" the log.

5.   Advertisements

Congratulations on pulling your girls through. :thumbsup:
    Did you work out a system that works for you with keeping a healthy res? (For my situation I have stopped using H2O2 and started using beneficial bacteria.)
    Looking forward to the pics! :jointsmile:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345