Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1446 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

PurpleRoot's first grow log

DAY 27
    SOIL:
    Plant B2 (Sprout date: 09/04/10) MG Soil, FF Big Bloom & FF Grow Big Nutes. (QUESTION: I did not use fert until my plants had a couple of sets of leaves, my plants grew slow so now my plant age and feeding schedule do not match. Is this ok, or should I feed the plant based on its age?)
    She has a little bit of brown spots and yellowing. I think it might have been when there was water on her leaves and she went under the 400w for the first time..... New growth appears ok.

Plants C1 + C2 (Sprout date: 09/07/10) MG Moisture Soil, FF Big Bloom & FF Grow Big Nutes.

HYDRO UPDATE ASAP

More pics of my soil plants, including pics of the spots and yellowing.

HYDRO
    Plant Setup:

D1 - D2 - D3
    D4 - D5 - D6

D1, D2, + D3 sprouted on: 09/14-17/10; Plants appear to be growing ok. The color appears to be a little light. I have the same problem with my hydro. I'm unsure if I feed per plant age or length of feed.... as of now the resevoir has 1/4 nutes and is changed weekly. pH remains under 6., temps are 72-85, humidity 45%.
    http://boards.cannabis.com/members/p...day-27-004.jpg

Not really sure why the other plants are not growing, probably 'cause the other plants are stealin all the stuff :wtf: I had to place the plastic back around the rockwool, it was fallin into my rez.

3.   Advertisements

Soil:
    Transplanted the larger of the three plants (26 days old) into a larger cermanic pot. Removed plant from solo cup while it was dry. Added a tee bit of superthrive by mist application then misted with water. (See pics in album). Plant seems like it is gaining growth. There are lower yellow leaves with black spots on them (See pics). I thought they were water spots burned by the light but I dunno.... :wtf: I noticed two new spots on "good" leaves today....

The other two plants (23 days old) are still in their solo cups, I think they will be ready to be transplanted next week.

All the soil plants are being fed foxfarm grow big/ big bloom 1/2 strength of the feeding schedule. I feed once, water with tap once. There is anywhere between 2-5 days between watering. ph 6.5.

Hydro:

Two of the littler plants (16 days old) that were not growing at all have started to show signs of new growth during the last couple of days. Two of the plants are still very questionable.... The two large ones keep growing daily! Their stems are getting firm and thick. I notice the color of the leaves of the hydro grow plants is a lot lighter then that of my soil grow.... The leaves also seem thinner... the soil leaves are darker green, firmer leaves.... the spots suck, but other then that.....

Did a res change added 1/4 nuts, 2 days later added another 1/4 nuts, will do another change on sat starting with normal strength micro/grow nutes.
    Res ph is between 5.5-5.8

Grow room conditions:
    Temp: 75-95 I've been having issues with my heat, I've been trying to keep ac off, not working out, so I have been leaving on now.... temps normally do not go over 85.
    humidity: 45
    light: 400w mh 14" 18/6

pics in album

Soil grow:
    Plant B2:
    Woke up today and observed the center of the top leaves turning slightly yellow. Didn't look like nute burn, water issues, etc, so I checked ph run off. Water going in was 6.75, my ph strips go down to 5.0, the water coming out was lighter then my strip! So I flushed with 7.25-7.5 water four times. The last ph reading out was 5.5. After the flush I airated the soil with a chop stick by pokin holes in the soil and "fluffing" it up. Plant was then placed back in veg.

Any help/information/suggestions would be appreciated!

Soil:
    B2
    Because of the ph lockout, I believe my plant developed a boron defficiency. About a week ago I would get random black spots, thought it was from water/light burn. The center of some of my leaves turned a copper color from the center of the leaf outward. I checked a ton of pics and info, from what I can tell it is boron. No new bad growth, and she does appear to be growing, stugglin, but growing. She's just hangin in the ICU, I'm not doing anything to her for a couple days, oh, except I have been lightly foilare feeding to attempt to add some nutes while she drys out.

CPlants
    Nothing new to report, ph runoff of them is also 5.75. I'm going to make my water and feed for my soil plants at about 7.3 because my water is apparently acidic. My water from the tap is 5.75. I used to adjust my water to 6.5-.7.

Hydro:
    More problems..... so after res change on saturday I turned off my pump for the first time for a couple of hours. When I turned the pump back on my plants began to get the look that they were over watered and wilted. Everything was checking out ok, ph, nutes, light, etc. So I couldn't figure it out. I never read or knew you are supposed to shut off your pump once the roots hit the water and it had been on 24/7 with no problems. So long story short, I figured it out with the help of some here, and now have root rot. I have to go to a funeral in a bit so I can't change the res atm, but will when I get home today. I shut off the dam murderous pump, added 3 drops of superthrive to my 6 gallon res, and began prayin to the mj gods.....
    Also stoppin at hydro store on way home, getting some hydrozyme.

I'm begining to wish I would have started one of the two systems out first.... feel like my brain is going to explode! lol Pics in my album.

Hey you need to replant a little faster from the cups....to 1 gal then to 3 gal.

I know how you feel about the seeds....I bought 10 DJ short blue berry $30 a seed...sprouted 4....three tried to do it and died and only 1 made it....you have to add 30 days to your grow if growing from seed insted of clones...it just takes time...there is no magic nutrients in this stage....

Keep up the good work....do not worry about different ages of your plants...it's not a problem...as some grow a different rates anyway.
    All posts by this user should be considered fictional and are for entertainment use only. Anyone reading these posts should consider them all fictional.

Quote Originally Posted by weeddaddy50
    I bought 10 DJ short blue berry $30 a seed...sprouted 4....three tried to do it and died and only 1 made it....you have to add 30 days to your grow if growing from seed insted of clones...it just takes time...there is no magic nutrients in this stage....
    OUCH! I got a 10 pack of DJ's Vaniluna for $17 a seed,... Cracked 2,... both are doing strong getting 3rd set of leaves now and look sweet. Hope to hell they're girls. If they aren't I've got a couple local breeders that will buy the boy's from me!

Sorry for the thread jack

Soil:
    B2
    I think she might make it (knock on wood) she has no new bad growth and is starting to shoot up again. Leaves are up and springy, she looks healthy! I'm planning on feeding her tomorrow, flushed on saturday, she hasnt had any water since. (ph will be adjusted to about 7.2 to slowly raise ph in soil)

C Plants
    I am trying to top one of my c plants. I cut off the top of the plant approximately 1/4" from top node.... talk about anxiety! normal growth

Hydro
    D Plants
    still having issues with my resevoir. ph is 5.75, temp 74 or lower, resevoir light proof, 2 air pumps, 3 air stones, superthrive, 45ml to 6 gallon hygrozyme. Yesterday I completed a res change and added the above. I cleaned the res with hydrogen peroxide, broke everything down and cleaned it. I also washed the roots in a hydrogen peroxide solution. The plants did look better in the begining of the next day, however, began to look like their same old sad self........ roots are still mildly discolored, roots are still strong and do not break/ smoosh off.

Grow room:
    Light: plants are growing a bit, so I moved the lights about a couple of inches to about, 16" from plant top
    temp: temps range between 78-90, average temp is more towards 78, 90 temps are normally taken under the light
    humidity: 40%
    water: tap, left to sit, ph is about 5.5-5.75 outta the pipe
    circulation fan with plenty of fresh air

pics included in my album

Soil grow:
    B2 - growing, she's about 10", she grew 1" yesterday! Still has some of the dry burn from ph problem, however, 75% of the leaf is green so I'm leavin 'em. I feed and water with ph adjusted (7.2) solutions (soil is acidic, runoff is about 5.5-5.75)

C Plants - growing good too, topped one of them, it's bottom leaves are turning yellow now.... so I don't know if I did it wrong or not.... guess I'll c.....

Hydro Grow:
    I've been having a hell of a time with this..... still have slight discoloration on the roots, but have extreme knew healthy growth. Flushed the system again today, added 50% nutes, 45ml to 6gallon hygrozyme, 50ml 3% hydrogen peroxide. Res temp averages 70-72, peak 74. It's weird, I'll wake up, theyre all looking good, nice color, nice and perky, etc etc, well never fail, everyday at about 4ish, the plants get all droopy and look like crap- everyday this happens! Some of the bottom leaves are brown/ dead, with some spots on them. Today I observed two of the fan leaves to dispaly "the claw", res ph was 6.25, normal is 5.5-5.8, res change time.....

Grow Room:
    Temps: 75-80
    Humidity: 35%-50%
    Light: 17.5" from tops/ mh/ 18-6 400w + 85w cfl "warm"
    Vent: osc fan
    Other: humidifier, ice in res

I bought some lightproof/ thermal material and covered my res, secured it with white duct tape, 100% lightproof now. I also made a "belt" that goes around the res on the outside with "pouches/pockets" I put those hard blue frozen ice packs in em to keep temps down, working well so far.

pics in profile

Soil:
    B2 - Still growing, I think it "may" be safe to say it recovered?! I began LST yesterday with this girl, she is my test run. Tied down both sides of her, then tied the top of her to the pot, then began to shape her to go around the pot horizontally at the same height.... we'll c..... she looks like something outta hellraiser now..... :wtf:
    food - foxfarm grow big and big bloom, some plants sprayed with neem oil/soft soap. Mixed per ff feeding schedule.

C Plants - Topped plant is begining to grow new shoots, no shizzle, two of 'em! The bottom leaves are still a little yellow, but shes growing. Other one is doing good, I think it's time to transplant them.

D - ah, the diamond in my roughf <spelling?, despite keeping res temp down to around 67-74, increased air stones, lightproofed/ thermoproofed res, clipping, h202'in, hygrozyme, superthrive, sacrificed chickens, etc, my roots are still getting discolored with rot. HOWEVER, root growth is A+, there is no more "build up" of the rot on the res, tubes, stones, etc, or it was cut by at least 95%. So, like most info suggests, once you get rot, you keep rot.... just gotta figure a way to pull it through until next harvest! so, these girls are on a perma h202 diet for the time being, 'bout 50ml 3% to 6 gallons. Found a moth EATING my babies, it expericed slow death (and by that I mean I released him outside, I hope a bird ate him) took about a 1/4" chunk outta a leaf!
    res change soup:
    50% micro
    50% grow
    6 drops superthrive
    45ml hygrozyme
    50ml h202

occasional foilar spray
    I mist the room several times a day, I also add frozen soda bottles filled with ice to res to keep temps down.

grow room:
    temp: 80 ave
    res temp: 70 ave
    res ph: 5.75
    humidity: 35%-42%
    light: 400w mh, 16" distance, 18/6
    vent: osc fan, ac

pics in profile

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast