Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1370 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Quick Question: Youngest Flowering start?

Hey
    How young can I start the flowering process?
    Currently plants are on 18/6 under CFLs, roughly 4 days since they popped up from the soil.
    A guide I've been kind of following starts on day 16, but I'm on a time crunch so is 14 days too soon? What is the minimum?

Thanks
    Phant0m Reviewed by Phant0m on . Quick Question: Youngest Flowering start? Hey How young can I start the flowering process? Currently plants are on 18/6 under CFLs, roughly 4 days since they popped up from the soil. A guide I've been kind of following starts on day 16, but I'm on a time crunch so is 14 days too soon? What is the minimum? Thanks Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Phant0m
    Hey
    Currently plants are on 18/6 under CFLs, roughly 4 days since they popped up from the soil.
    A guide I've been kind of following starts on day 16, but I'm on a time crunch so is 14 days too soon? What is the minimum?

Thanks
    starting from you seed you want to make sure the plant is sexually mature before you decided to flower. this accomplishes two things. first off it allows you to make sure that you have female plants and second, it makes sure the genetics are fully developed.

you can tell a cannabis plant is sexually mature when it's nodes start to alternate. (see picture.) this usually happens around the 4th-6th node.

if you are gonna flower from a clone you can put them into flower as soon as they have a nice, healthy root structure.

good growing!

-shake

You can start from seed in 12/12 with any variety, but some do better than others. In my experience some seem to lag behind, and take just as long as if you had vegged it, but others take off like any a vegged plant right into a stretch, and flower. If you want to do a perpetual harvest grow on 12/12 start double the seeds as usual, and weed out the weak ones.

Thanks guys, both good advice. For this grow I think I'm just going to give them the 14 daysish, I don't imagine they will be alternate noding by then, but will keep that in mind for next grow.

I'm just in a time crunch (moving in November).

Thread Closed.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Phant0m
    Hey

Thanks
    I usually flower at 14 days regardless, they can handle it providing all the other factors are optimal. It also depends on what size plant you want etc. I think I once read that a general rule was 4 nodes of growth....

Quote Originally Posted by headshake
    starting from you seed you want to make sure the plant is sexually mature before you decided to flower. this accomplishes two things. first off it allows you to make sure that you have female plants and second, it makes sure the genetics are fully developed.

you can tell a cannabis plant is sexually mature when it's nodes start to alternate. (see picture.) this usually happens around the 4th-6th node.

if you are gonna flower from a clone you can put them into flower as soon as they have a nice, healthy root structure.

good growing!

-shake
    so i'm new to this, first post, but how can you tell the sex before flowering, from what i have read you can only tell after? i would help me a ton if i could find out before flowering.