Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1569 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Michigan harrassment

My brother in law is a licensed grower/user, he lives out in the country. He is running two 600 watt lights, and fans, dehumidifier. An electric company guy was by,, and asked his wife if he was growing weed. Said that he could smell it. And that the electric company was reporting all spikes in electricity usage to the state police. I am running just one 400 now, going to up that to two soon, hope that the gradual increase and just 800 watts total wont get their attention maybe. I am legal, but man this stuff peeves me.
    redbud60 Reviewed by redbud60 on . Michigan harrassment My brother in law is a licensed grower/user, he lives out in the country. He is running two 600 watt lights, and fans, dehumidifier. An electric company guy was by,, and asked his wife if he was growing weed. Said that he could smell it. And that the electric company was reporting all spikes in electricity usage to the state police. I am running just one 400 now, going to up that to two soon, hope that the gradual increase and just 800 watts total wont get their attention maybe. I am legal, but Rating: 5
    [SIZE=\"2\"]It\'s not necessary to lay a foul tongue on me my friend. I could get upset. Things could get out of hand. Then in self defense, I could do something to you that you would not like, right here.[/SIZE]
    Bobby De Niro/CF

2.   Advertisements

Michigan harrassment

That was not a man from the power company that did that. Someone was scoping you out to steal or robb you. Power companies are here to make money not report people for power spikes from a welder or recharging a golfcarts batteries. Some one needs to complain very big time to the power company. I would want this prick fired cause he is looking to make a big score. Might not even be him, he may have a gang of young punks to robb rape and steal your meds.

If your leagal I would call the power company and the police because thats what legal is all about.

Michigan harrassment

Quote Originally Posted by LOC NAR on probation
    That was not a man from the power company that did that. Someone was scoping you out to steal or robb you. Power companies are here to make money not report people for power spikes from a welder or recharging a golfcarts batteries. Some one needs to complain very big time to the power company. I would want this prick fired cause he is looking to make a big score. Might not even be him, he may have a gang of young punks to robb rape and steal your meds.

If your leagal I would call the power company and the police because thats what legal is all about.
    BINGO!!!!!

Michigan harrassment

agreed, sounds like a shady bastard to me.

Michigan harrassment

I have spoken to several licensed caregivers as well as patient caregivers, and it is to be expected that spikes in power output will occur during your grow period. Here in Michigan, DTE actually has an addendum which allows you to notify the state as a licensed grower, which will avoid "local calls" for such occurances.
    As stated previously by another forum member, since the law was passed there have been individuals who seek to take advantage of growers and patients, because all these people see is the street value of the meds. The law in michigan is still so grey that you just have to be careful of who you let know that you're growing.

Michigan harrassment

Quote Originally Posted by DragonBudz
    The law in michigan is still so grey that you just have to be careful of who you let know that you're growing.

The key is to just not tell anyone, in my opinion. And those stupid retards that want to rob and try to take advantage of people deserve to fall face first in s**t. :thumbsup:

Michigan harrassment

In my opinion most of these "Electric Co. turning people in for Electricity Spikes to Police" are bogus cover stories that have been put out for years by Police and Feds to protect their snitches.
    Think about it the Electric Co. is a publicly traded corporation, therefore it has one and only one entity that it is beholding to and that is it's shareholders and that is to make them as much profit on their holdings as possible. Therefore why would they turn someone in for buying more of their product, they will turn you in, in less then a minute if your stealing that product which is what happens in most cases, at least the ones I have followed.:thumbsup:

Michigan harrassment

In my area I'm growing for myself and three others b/c I caregive. I have a very big energy bill and NO ONE from the utility company has questioned me. Keep ur lips sealed and be careful, u tell one person, they will tell two more ppl who tell two more and so on....as far as the smell is concerned a round charcole filter that can atratch to your fan will reduce that funky smell. And plastic the whole perimiter to try nd keep the smell in. My room is air tight with co2 and when the door opens, it wreaks. Just be aware of the little things too. Cars on the block that aren't usually there...nd so on. I called the cops one time on this suspicious looking van one time when ppl were just sitting in it. Lol maybe a little overboard but u can't be too careful.
    I\'m selfish, impatient, and insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control and at times, hard to handle. But if you can\'t handle me at my worst, you don\'t deserve me at my best. - Marilyn Monroe
    Love is composed of a single soul inhibiting two bodies.
    - Aristotle