Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1557 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Organic Outdoor Flowering Puple, Master Kush, OG kush

Sup ladies and gents. This is my first year growing. My garden in 100% organic and grown outdoors in Nor Cal. I have 4 Purples from a clone, and 2 Kush's from seed. 1 seed is a Master Kush and the other is an OG Kush.

The plants are in an organic soil mix. The mix is mainly compost, perlite, and worm castings. I also added a little bit of blood meal, bone meal, and bat guano. I started the plants indoors with 1 HPS and 1 florescent light in May. Then transfered into the ground in late June. As of late August, the plants are 4 weeks into the flower stage.

One thing that surprised me is that the clones started to flower a couple of weeks before the seeds. My favorite plant so far is the OG Kush. The OG Kush has huge wide fan leaves. The plant is 7 feet tall at the moment, and it has very thick stalk + branches. I am not sure exactly what strain the purple hybrids are. I would like think that they are Purple Haze, but your guess is as good as mine... They almost smell like coffee and mint mixed.

Some problems I ran into are pest and the weather. I would have cleaned area up better before planting. The garden is infested with thrips and am using nematodes and lady bugs to clean up. I started with neem oil sprays, but that didn't work very well. I would have also caged and staked up all the plants. 3 of the purple's fell over and broke branches due to little wind storm... Don't worry though, they are recovering nicely with minimal damage.

I am going to post few pics of plants in the early flower stage. Hope you enjoy.
    airdawg13 Reviewed by airdawg13 on . Organic Outdoor Flowering Puple, Master Kush, OG kush Sup ladies and gents. This is my first year growing. My garden in 100% organic and grown outdoors in Nor Cal. I have 4 Purples from a clone, and 2 Kush's from seed. 1 seed is a Master Kush and the other is an OG Kush. The plants are in an organic soil mix. The mix is mainly compost, perlite, and worm castings. I also added a little bit of blood meal, bone meal, and bat guano. I started the plants indoors with 1 HPS and 1 florescent light in May. Then transfered into the ground in late June. Rating: 5
    Smoke Weed Everyday! :smokin:

2.   Advertisements

Here are some more pics. Today just did a spray for bugs and fed the plants with a tea I made. I mixed molasses, fox farm bloom, fox farm tiger when watering. I try to feed plants every other watering with organic ferts. I also staked up more branches because there was a light rain.

The other day I also released 1500 lady bugs in the garden. 2 days later I could only find 1-2 in the garden. I tried spraying them with soda water to make them not fly away for a while, but that failed.

The Purple Hybrid buds are looking and smelling nice. They still have that fresh coffee smell which is cool. The kush's are starting to catch up in bud size, but don't have a smell yet.

When hiking down to a spot where I had a little extra patch I almost stepped on a Timber Rattle Snake! I got a pic with my cell phone after I jumped back a couple of feet. I harvested the plants at the little patch for some early smoke. Was worth almost dieing for!
    Smoke Weed Everyday! :smokin:

The plants are about 6 weeks flowering now. I think I am going to let the go for another 3-4 weeks. I am low on funds so am going to start flushing a little early. I hope there is enough nutrients left in the soil to still produce heavy resinous buds!

Here are a few more pics

Those are gorgeous!! I hope you are able to share with people in need of the medicine and also get the income that you need in order to continue growing.....good luck and thanks for posting the nice pics and avoiding the rattlesnake!

Quote Originally Posted by nugssgalore
    Those are gorgeous!! I hope you are able to share with people in need of the medicine and also get the income that you need in order to continue growing.....good luck and thanks for posting the nice pics and avoiding the rattlesnake!
    For sure! I am only keeping maybe half of what I harvest for myself. The other half is going to our collective. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they don't get ripped off or destroyed by a storm.

Just started my indoor. I only have 1 florescent light at the moment, because I cant grow where I live. I have 6 seeds and couple clones cut from outdoors. The seeds are Pineapple Express, Super Lemon Haze, Red Diesel, Vanilla Kush, Super Cali Haze (auto), and Blue Diesel (auto)

you are definatly on to sumthing lol those buds look great nice garden