Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1517 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Sucker leaves

This is my second year growing and things are going well. I was wondering when I can start plucking my sucker leaves as I have been told they take nutrients away from the buds. Any help is appreciated.
    grampy Reviewed by grampy on . Sucker leaves This is my second year growing and things are going well. I was wondering when I can start plucking my sucker leaves as I have been told they take nutrients away from the buds. Any help is appreciated. Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Sucker leaves

umm whats a sucker leaf?????....don't cut any leaf's from your plant unless there dead,they are there to feed your plants to grow buds.in no way do they take away nutrients from your buds.who ever told you this is a compltete retard..

only time to cut the leafs is harvest time......

the bottom leafs turn yellow,die and fall off,while budding because the plants are using all the nutriens that come through the leafs to feed the plants/buds.you may pull off the dying yellow leafs because at this time they are useless....

but DO NOT CUT ANY GREEN MATERIAL FROM YOUR PLANT UNTILL THE DAY OF HARVEST....

Sucker leaves

Thank you middleman, as I said I was new to this and all the help is greatly appreciated.

Sucker leaves

Quote Originally Posted by middieman440
    umm whats a sucker leaf?????....don't cut any leaf's from your plant unless there dead,they are there to feed your plants to grow buds.in no way do they take away nutrients from your buds.who ever told you this is a compltete retard..

only time to cut the leafs is harvest time......

the bottom leafs turn yellow,die and fall off,while budding because the plants are using all the nutriens that come through the leafs to feed the plants/buds.you may pull off the dying yellow leafs because at this time they are useless....

but DO NOT CUT ANY GREEN MATERIAL FROM YOUR PLANT UNTILL THE DAY OF HARVEST....
    Aw come on middie....Nothing at all wrong with losing some "sun leaves" a few days before harvest....Works GREAT for me..... I must be a RETARD!!!????
    I will compare my pics to your pics and see who knows the most! Upload a few "showing" your experence.....

Sucker leaves

im not saying it cant be done,but from his post he sounded as a new grower and i would not want him to go chopping stuff off and f'in up his plant.so i do think i gave him/her some good advice....and this is outdoor the sun usually hits every angle of the plant so really no need to cut anything...

Sucker leaves

the only sucker would be you, for robbing the plant of its solar panels .They need them to produce energy to make pretty buds. After they die then ok. Never understand why some ppl call them sucker leaves?

Sucker leaves

I see the logic in it, the leaves being so big they block the sun and "suck it up" for themselves, but that is just a myth as middieman pointed out. Those leaves aren't stingy, they're lookin' to spread the wealth. If you do feel like letting more sun into the buds, one thing you can do is take a pair of scissors and cut the leaflets to half their length. It's not recommended or neccessary, but some ppl claim it helps. I'm not one of them, but to each is own.

Sucker leaves

Maybe because they are used to suck up the sun!!! I wouldnt cut them off untill they yellow or your ready for harvest.

Some folks here are just plain mean, other forums I belong too, that would get yea booted.

Mean people suck!!

Sucker leaves

I'm a first-time grower who had that same question and was advised to "pinch & tuck". You can squeeze the stem of those huge leaves and bend the out of the way. That way you don't lose all of their photosynthesis but you let light get to the bud also. What do you more experienced guys think about this method. I've used it with what I guess are good results. Don't really know enough to tell, but my ladies are very healthy. Hope it helps! :jointsmile: