Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1506 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Midwest outdoor grow log (starting in mid August) tips?

Hi everyone. I'm new here and have checked out some grow logs and thought I'd post my own. This is my first grow and the idea came very late and because of which, I started the grow very late. They were germinated on the 17th of August and planted in small plastic cups filled with fox farm ocean forest potting soil on the 20th overnight.

Started with 9 Burmese Kush seeds, 1 didn't pop at all, another cracked but pretty much remained stagnant.

Since then, it appears another seemed to have been severely damaged during potting and is also out of the race. The current state of the plants are in the following pics.

I've also gotten replacement seeds for the cups of the dead/unpopped ones. All seeds are feminized. The replacement seeds were different strains, including Onyx, Him. Blue Diesel, and Blue Hash.

The pics were taken after 36 hours in the soil outside.

I will post updates as it progresses, however, I have questions on whether or not I should use nutes for veg states if it is so late in the year, and likely to flower early. I was recomennded to just use the fox farm big bloom nutes, and not to worry about using tiger bloom or grow big from fox farm.

Also, I'm concerned about pH, should I be this early in the grow? I heard the type of water you use can also affect pH levels, I think I might invest in a pH monitor, any practical cheap ones anyone knows of?
    altectech Reviewed by altectech on . Midwest outdoor grow log (starting in mid August) tips? Hi everyone. I'm new here and have checked out some grow logs and thought I'd post my own. This is my first grow and the idea came very late and because of which, I started the grow very late. They were germinated on the 17th of August and planted in small plastic cups filled with fox farm ocean forest potting soil on the 20th overnight. Started with 9 Burmese Kush seeds, 1 didn't pop at all, another cracked but pretty much remained stagnant. Since then, it appears another seemed to have Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

additional pics:

Also notice on one of the pics the stem is in focus and is reddish in color. Is this normal? Also pic 21 is the one that is severely damaged, not sure if it will still grow.

Also notice on the tips of some of the leaves it is black. Also one of them is not symmetrical at all, with two large leaves and one small leaf. Is this due to it being feminized? Any thoughts? Thanks.

DISCLAIMER: Also, all things and thoughts stated herein, previously, prior and hereafter this message are purely ficticious and fabricated. All images are falsified and fabricated. No words, thoughts, or statements expressed should be taken literally or as advice. All laws, federal and state, should be respected in your local areas.

You have no hope for growing, sorry bud... If you dont understand everything about growing its pointless to do so do you know about the flowering stage???

femenized seeds mean its a good chance that they'll be females although stores lie sometimes... its too late to grow outdoors anyways cannabis cant live under 60 degrees you shoulda started them in april...

oh and quit being paranoid lol

Yes I am familiar with the flowering stage, and where I live, it will remain 70 plus degrees until mid-late october. Not sure why you ask about the flowering stage man. And this is mostly an experiment to see what will happen, I've already accepted that it is likely I won't get much out of it, if any, but doesn't hurt to try.

Quote Originally Posted by altectech
    Yes I am familiar with the flowering stage, and where I live, it will remain 70 plus degrees until mid-late october. Not sure why you ask about the flowering stage man. And this is mostly an experiment to see what will happen, I've already accepted that it is likely I won't get much out of it, if any, but doesn't hurt to try.
    You can get aquarium strips to check Ph. I would not use ferts in till after 3 weeks, then dilute any ferts used after they have been in the ground for at least 3 weeks.

I would think that once they get some leaves they will begin to bud soon after so im thinking a small, but ok yield for it being so late in the season.

Good luck:rasta:

Quote Originally Posted by altectech
    DISCLAIMER: Also, all things and thoughts stated herein, previously, prior and hereafter this message are purely ficticious and fabricated. All images are falsified and fabricated. No words, thoughts, or statements expressed should be taken literally or as advice. All laws, federal and state, should be respected in your local areas.
    yeah because absoulutely no one on this site grows weed. we just fake it.

If the feds are coming, not even your disclaimer can save you.

Hey drudown11, thanks for the tip! Your information is valuable and necessary, thanks to your help, I'm able to live a better life! You're so smart drudown11, now please go troll else where.

I have pics of the past couple days with nice growth, but it doesn't appear this thread has a lot of interest... so I'm contemplating even bothering to post them.

Go ahead and post up, Id like to see where this goes. Good luck brother, big or small:thumbsup:

hey man you should have of started them inside under some cfl lights on 24/7 for about 3-4 weeks then put them outside and they would start to flower....but you didnt no biggie,you may or may not get a harvest but if you do, it wont be much from each plant but it will be better than nothing....some of the people here are kinda to into themselves <mostly some kids who think they know everything.....but as you said its an experiment...i started one begining of august and its about a foot tall now......

but please post whats going on with your hobby people will respond and give advice,just ask for it.....and dont mind the rudeness...\

and you say you have till the end of oct so you should get something....

but if you can take those cups inside get a few cfl lights from wal-mart and a clamp light and some y connectors plug it in and let them veg under the lights for a few weeks then put them outside either in the ground or in 3 gallon pots,etc.....

good luck with your grow i will follow along as much as i can and give advice if im able to...there are people here who been doing this for many years and know there shiznit......i know the basics and then some and learn more every year/grow....no one knows everything....

GOOD LUCK

and yeah save those seeds for next season,dont waste them this yr...unless you grow indoors stay with the ones you got and hope for the best

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast