Hey guys,

New here. I hope it's okay to just jump in like this. . . didn't want to hijack someone else's thread. I'm a university student. I've been diagnosed with posttraumatic stress disorder, primary insomnia, and delayed sleep phase syndrome. If I weren't already enough of a nervous wreck with the PTSD, I almost never sleep. I've been on anti-anxiety meds and prescription sleeping pills since age 16. I've been to sleep clinics in my hometown and in Toronto, and by now they basically know what I have, but they're not willing to go further than that. My current pdoc has me on a cocktail of meds for sleep and anxiety, including clonazepam and Seroquel (used off label for insomnia).

At any given time, I'm either running on sleep deprivation and dealing with anxiety or I'm too sedated to keep up with my university assignments (thanks to the benzos + Seroquel + sleeping pills). I want to get away from the benzos eventually. The withdrawal syndrome will be a nightmare, but the doctor won't consider anything she hasn't prescribed before. I've found that medical cannabis helps. I can actually fall asleep. I can relax and think more clearly without the brainfog I get from the sedatives or the hangover I get from the sleeping pills. The constant anxiety fades into the background. It's almost like living a normal, productive life again.

There's a compassion club not far from where I live, but they won't take new patients unless we've already found a doctor who will sign the forms. I haven't had any success so far.

Does anyone here know of any compassionate doctors in southern Ontario who might be willing to discuss this?
triptych Reviewed by triptych on . Looking for an open-minded doctor in southern Ontario Hey guys, New here. I hope it's okay to just jump in like this. . . didn't want to hijack someone else's thread. I'm a university student. I've been diagnosed with posttraumatic stress disorder, primary insomnia, and delayed sleep phase syndrome. If I weren't already enough of a nervous wreck with the PTSD, I almost never sleep. I've been on anti-anxiety meds and prescription sleeping pills since age 16. I've been to sleep clinics in my hometown and in Toronto, and by now they Rating: 5