Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1706 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Strange city New York

Hi, I'm an italian student and this is my first post in this forum.
    I'm in manhattan now, greenwich village, and i'm very sad because in 10 days i have seen a lot of incredible places, people... but i have seen just 2 people smooking their joint.
    I have already spent 100$ for 13 medium joints of normal/bad quality and 45$ for 6 joints of high quality. I have looked for it in Washington Heights, Times Square, Brooklyn (borough hall), Whashington square and many other parks but these 19 joints are only what i have found; i'm wasting all my money for getting bad quantity or quality and I don't know how I can resolve the problem to get some weed easier and at normal prices.

I ask you how the weed system works in New York, because in Europe is totally different; the dealers ask you in every moment if you want to smoke... it is different here; i have always asked to people in New York and this is very very dangerous. How do the smokers of New York provide their weed necessity?
    Which is the best way to look for some funny joints?

thank you
    giabeltrak Reviewed by giabeltrak on . Strange city New York Hi, I'm an italian student and this is my first post in this forum. I'm in manhattan now, greenwich village, and i'm very sad because in 10 days i have seen a lot of incredible places, people... but i have seen just 2 people smooking their joint. I have already spent 100$ for 13 medium joints of normal/bad quality and 45$ for 6 joints of high quality. I have looked for it in Washington Heights, Times Square, Brooklyn (borough hall), Whashington square and many other parks but these 19 joints Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Strange city New York

I think the easiest way to get bud in New York is locally rather than looking for it in the City, parks, or elsewhere. Its easy to find here in my area of Riverdale (1 hr from the Village) , where almost everyone knows each other and it is quite easy to come through with the Ganja Mistress. If you need ganja in NY, usually you will have to get a dealer's number or go through local parks. If you have any questions, just message me.

Strange city New York

My old "friend" kept me in the green for nearly 4 years - now I can't get hold of him - thinking he may have lost his phone and I don't have his new number? Or he got out of the biz, got busted, or who knows what.

But I'm a middle-aged professional who happens to like the stuff and thinks it should be legal. Far less destructive than alcohol, let's just admit it.

Anybody in or around NYC looking for a steady, discrete, "respectable" client, or has a lead on someone who might be, please IM me.

I'm far too old (and white) to be trying to buy on the street - nobody will give me the time of day in some of the "reliable" neighborhoods where it used to be hard *not* to get offers on every other block.

Peace.

Edit to add: Hmm...looks like there's no way to I-M on this forum. Well, any other suggestions let me know.

Strange city New York

How do you find it the parks? am I supposed to go up to random people or do they approach you ? I am a white boy in Harlem. Moved here from Arizona were it was every were. I can smell it but its always some scary thugged out guy with pit pulls. Advise would be greatly appreciated.
    Like the guy above if anyone is looking for a steady reliable client in the city. Dear god please Im me.

Strange city New York

test

Strange city New York

Jace here's my best advice..

Head up to Broadway btwn 135th n 145th.

Hispanic neighborhood with a mix of very cool cats and some skeezers.

But close enough to Columbia and some nice local housing that an Anglo won't stick out like a sore thumb.

Walk up and down B'way between those streets. Look for small groups of guys hanging out outside bodegas n bars.

Make eye contact, look 'interested', maybe say Weed? quietly as you walk by.

On Fri. n Sat. night you may get offers on every other block, depending on police activity in the area at that moment. If cops are patrolling heavily or happen to be busting someone, breaking up a bar fight, responding to a domestic, etc. nearby, you may have NO luck at all. If it's quiet, you may get multiple offers.

Trust your gut.

If the fella looks sketchy or strung out, keep moving, there'll be more nearby.

If the fella's the real deal, he may wanna give you his cell # or ask for yours - if so, you've struck gold and should have a reliable connection, at least for a while.

The NYC scene is moving more and more toward Delivery-only. Most of the people I know who smoke have it delivered. But that's expensive and comes with certain restrictions as far as where they'll deliver (if you're a student in a dorm - you're probably out of luck. Living with parents/tight-assed roomie? Out of luck. Etc.)

I used a reliable delivery service for YEARS until I lost my cell, the only place I had the number stored (idiot!). It's been a real struggle ever since.

I don't like the scenario described above because it's just too unreliable. Sometimes you'll get plenty of offers, but many times I get no 'hits' at all as I stroll the neighboorhood for 30-45 minutes. Too random for my taste. But give it a shot if you have no other options.

I lived in Harlem for 10 years while going to university nearby. I copped on the streets up there a few times. But in all honesty I find 'shopping' in the Hispanic neighborhoods much less stressful. I've actually met a couple of really cool guys up there who I would almost describe a friends at this point.

But again, I can't describe them as reliable - sometimes they just don't return my calls, sometimes we'll set a meet-up and they won't show or will be really late, etc.

G'luck.

Strange city New York

Dunno where to post this but I like the vibe on these forums and am trusting Google to help people find this if interested.

Bought some "Legal Bud" from legalbud.com (an advertiser here) just to see...

As advertised, this stuff is an "alternative" NOT a "replacement" for weed.

The "Hawaiian Haze" is the best of what I got in a "sample pack".

Tastes great, gives a mild head-foggy, relaxed feeling with an odd tingly sensation in my trapezius muscles (neck to shoulder) that persists for a long time after smoking. Not really an unpleasant sensation, just odd.

Mixed with a just a pinch of weed dust or resin scraped from my pipe, gives a very nice, very pot-like high. I could see using this stuff to REALLY stretch a limited supply of actual weed.

Would recommend, if only for the pleasant herbal smoke - leaves a nice taste in the mouth and smells like a mild incense in the air. You'll definately feel *something* after smoking - in some ways similar to weed but obviously, with no THC, not exactly the same.

The "Dutch Haze" stuff is somehow artificially sticky - which makes it VERY hard to light. I actually got a headache from sucking like mad on my water pipe trying to get a hit. Can't recommend as-is, but I'm letting it dry out a little and will try again later because I've read good reviews for that stuff. But too oddly wet n sticky for my taste when it arrived.

The "Blond" brick, pseudo-hash concoction was like smoking wood chips. Didn't feel anything at all except a sore throat. Not a pleasant smoke like the Hawaiian.

Summary, would recommend the Hawaiian Haze for someone looking to tide them over a dry spell or to stretch a small supply of weed. Can't recommend the Dutch stuff until it dries a little, too wet/sticky on arrival. Steer clear of the pseudo-hash - harsh smoke and no noticable high.

Strange city New York

She's right, I live in the 140's off broadway. Pretty much every night someone tries to sell to me. I have a delivery service so I never buy off the street.

Strange city New York

watch out in ny if you're smoking though....they love arresting people out there for anything.

NY foots 15 million in victimless marijuana crimes