Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1862 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

NEED TRANSPLANT AND SOIL HELP!!!

I'm going to be transplanting my plants here soon into a mix I made up of peat moss, vermiculite, and perlite.
    I've been doing some reading here and there and I need to know if I should throw some lime into the mix for PH reasons. Is this absolutely necessary or can I get by with out it? Right now they're in 18oz SOLO cups and about 11 days old. The roots are starting to come out of the bottom holes already and I need to transplant soon. Would it be safe going straight into their 5gal bag forever homes? or should i put them in 3gal bags and transplant again later?
    Thanks for any help:thumbsup:
    SoHigh420 Reviewed by SoHigh420 on . NEED TRANSPLANT AND SOIL HELP!!! I'm going to be transplanting my plants here soon into a mix I made up of peat moss, vermiculite, and perlite. I've been doing some reading here and there and I need to know if I should throw some lime into the mix for PH reasons. Is this absolutely necessary or can I get by with out it? Right now they're in 18oz SOLO cups and about 11 days old. The roots are starting to come out of the bottom holes already and I need to transplant soon. Would it be safe going straight into their 5gal bag Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Yes you'll need the lime. There are some soil recipes in the first link in my sig.

You can transplant into 5 gals, but a better idea is to use the 3 gals first...
    - The lime only lasts for 6-8 weeks, then you will have ph problems.
    - Don't want to waste all that soil on males.
    - Easier to water
    - The roots will make better use of the space when transplanting several times as they tend to get bunched up at the bottom.

- The lime only lasts for 6-8 weeks, then you will have ph problems.

how much lime should i mix into the soil? im new to all this and so far the plants are looking great. i just didnt want to transplant them and have everything go downhill from there. i think i read a thread about all this(a sticky somewhere) but it doesnt say how much to use. im about to get a 5LB bag of lime to mix in just not sure if i have to use it all or what lol. obviously im very confused...

add 2 tablespoons of the lime per gallon of soil..the 5lb bag will last you a long time..you will be glad you added the lime.

Quote Originally Posted by mscaboo
    add 2 tablespoons of the lime per gallon of soil..the 5lb bag will last you a long time..you will be glad you added the lime.
    you're a life saver! thanks a bunch!:jointsmile: