Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1873 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Bud leaf tips drying up and turning brown.

Into about 8-9 weeks of flowering and have noticed the leaf tips sticking out from the buds are turning brown drying up and dying. I know the leafs turn yellow as the plant ripens but I don't think this is right.
    wretchedfourone Reviewed by wretchedfourone on . Bud leaf tips drying up and turning brown. Into about 8-9 weeks of flowering and have noticed the leaf tips sticking out from the buds are turning brown drying up and dying. I know the leafs turn yellow as the plant ripens but I don't think this is right. Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Did you check the trichs? Those are looking right on track to me. I'd give them another week depending on the trichs and your preferences. Another question, have you been monitoring the pH both in and out? Has it been relatively stable?

yea the trichs are all clear, been watching for them to cloud up and turn amber. The ph is always adjusted when atering, don't always check the run off ph.

You want to start checking the runoff. It will give you some information about what's going on in the soil. Specifically if you are heading to a pH imbalance that can cause lockout. See link in my signature.

What's the grow medium, size of the pots, and nutes being used? I assume you've been following the feeding schedule? Oh and what's the strain?

You've checked the underside of the leaves for any critters? Same with the soil?

Odd because they look good. I'm not saying this is your MO but don't panic and cut them too early. The plant can sustain a fair bit of die back without damaging the goodness. I am not too concerned about those top leaves. You still have plenty of healthy growth to carry you through to the end. Consider trimming back the dead leaves.

Also consider posting in the Plant Problems forum where people with far more experience tend to lurk.

Looks like a blueberry strain... I'm betting the trichs start to cloud up any day. Really, they look pretty normal to my eyes.

how many days/weeks have you been flushing?