Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1750 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Molasses is Sweet Organic Goodness

Great landmark post. Extremely helpful

Quote Originally Posted by thcbuz
    its much better than cal-mag plus
    Are you saying you can use it in the place of cal-mag or MagiCAL?

A very long but very informative read indeed. I'm new to growing but I'm all in for learning new things and experimenting with stuff. Only thing I'm uncertain of is where to find molasses in Europe, it's not so common out of the self here.

One question though that I was always wondering, due sweeteners like molasses or even that story with the coke contribute anything to sweetening the buds taste or it's purely used from a nutrient point of view? Cause altering smell and taste is something I would really be interested in experimenting with IF it can be done of course asides during the curing period of the dried buds!

Cheers,
    :rastasmoke:
    [align=center]:1baa:[COLOR=\"DarkOrchid\"][SIZE=\"3\"]\"If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change...\"[/SIZE]:1baa:
    Buddha
    [/COLOR][/align]

[align=center]:hippy:[SIZE=\"3\"]Hawaiian Snow Grow Log #001[/SIZE]:hippy:[/align]
    [align=center]:weedpoke: [SIZE=\"2\"]Cannabis Training 101[/SIZE] :weedpoke:[/align]
    [align=center]:weedpoke: [SIZE=\"2\"]Super Soil Recipe[/SIZE] :weedpoke:[/align]

In the Netherlands molasses doesn't appear to be available in supermarkets and nobody I knew had heard of it. I did however track it down (thanks google) in a type of health/foreigner food shop known as "Natuurwinkels" and also online through some of the Growshops. It goes by the names 'vinasse', 'melasse' or 'suikerstroop' (in Dutch, perhaps something similar in German).
    My jar (300mls cost 2 euros in the natuurwinkel) is from a company called Horizon and they call it Rietsuikermelasse (its organic). Nothing is said about sulphur being added so I'm assuming its unsulphured.

Is this mix (1tbs per gallon) "good enough" for the entire life cycle of the plant..?

From seedling to harvest..?

If using only molasses what would the difference in yields be between using full nutes..?

Peace
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...-1st-grow.html

The Next Words That Come From Your Mouth Better Be Some Brilliant Mark Twain Shit,Cause Its Defiantly Getting Chizzled On Your Tombstone.

6.   Advertisements

Well Molasses gives you Calcium iron and Magnesium as well as other micro-organisms that help the plant grow . where regular nutes give u NPK 0-0-0 amounts

Ok...read this whole post about 3 times now...and have put into motion.....started with molasses at the grocery store....then moved to the molasses at the feed store....grocery store 8 bucks for 16 oz......feed store......5 gal for 28 bucks......I use as a soil ammendment....and 8 ounces per 35 gallons of water in water storage....what is strange is different strains use it differently....some are just awesome sticky...almost with a goo..all over the leaves and HUGE trichomes...other strains...store it all in the leaves and stems...and not alot get outside to the trichomes.....you can usually tell, because the stems snap very easily....there very rigid...but snap.....I have 3 pretty large tables of Larry OG in a SOG and they look amazing....just started flushing them....2 weeks to go...I fed them Molasses for 4 straight weeks 2 teaspoons per gallon every other water.....the buds are massive huge colas....once harvest comes I will post some pictures.

the price is sure right....as this is same stuff as bud candy.....Sweet....Raw.....etc...those are 40 per gallon.

...... WAY to much info. I feel dumber for having attempted to read it....

Any chance that the useful information is condensed somewhere?

Nope not really......this is how you learn.....you have to read it all......and then thing about it.......growing is not easy......but neither is learning....

everyone wants to skip grades 1-12 and go directly to college of growing.......but its the building blocks...that make you a successful grower.

I've been lurking for awhile now, have just stumbled upon this thread, and after reading it through, found it worthy of my first comment!

Having a crop of White Widow, and Northern Lights three weeks into bloom, I think I'll be stopping off at Safeway after work tomorrow to pick up a pint of molasses. This is definitely one of those head-slapping moments for me...

Thank you, to the OP!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast