Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1586 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Molasses is Sweet Organic Goodness

Any chance of getting this thread stickied in the Indoor or Basic Growing forum, or both? Seems a shame to keep it tucked away in the Outdoor/Organic growing forum.

ok that was a lot of info there. I'm in my 5th week of flowering and about to get the Fox Farm Trio, can i start using molasses with the fert when i get it? and liquid molasses or dry? sry i'm a noob

Dry is usually mixed with oats or another filler, isn't it? Anyway, I use Grandma's Unsulfered molasses from the grocery store. (liquid)

Go easy with the Grow Big in flower. Will deepen the green in your plants. I stop using it about 2 or 3 weeks before harvest. Molasses and Tiger Bloom continues till the week before harvest when I flush, and give nothing but properly ph'd water till finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Trichome
    Dry is usually mixed with oats or another filler, isn't it? Anyway, I use Grandma's Unsulfered molasses from the grocery store. (liquid)

Go easy with the Grow Big in flower. Will deepen the green in your plants. I stop using it about 2 or 3 weeks before harvest. Molasses and Tiger Bloom continues till the week before harvest when I flush, and give nothing but properly ph'd water till finish.
    well the Grow Big I wasn't gonna use since it seems like a veg fert. Did you mean go easy on the Big Bloom? I guess since i'm almost on week 6 I should skip the molasses for the next grow...

5.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cypher420
    well the Grow Big I wasn't gonna use since it seems like a veg fert. Did you mean go easy on the Big Bloom? I guess since i'm almost on week 6 I should skip the molasses for the next grow...
    Sorry. Seems to be an ongoing battle with me, especially when rushing it. You wouldn't believe the number of times in the past I've actually caught that mistake and corrected it before posting. Usually happens when running on a low coffee level.

Perhaps there would be a benefit, but likely not a noticible one if only taking 'em to 8 weeks, and if they're looking fine now not sure I'd want to upset their usual diet. But if you're using a CalMag or similar product regularly, personally...I'd replace it with molasses. 1 tsp per gallon, once a week. Possibly twice depending on the strain, nutrients, additives...

At this late stage, be damned sure not to overdo it if you do decide to give 'em some. Perhaps best to start slow on plants just out of veg, get to know the product, watch closely for results, then hit 'em with your best shot.

Got the beans from Alien. Haven't let me down yet. Used Molasses starting at day 25 flower in conjunction with Canna nutes! Got the pop corns in a brown paper bag in addition to these colas. Not bad for a 1 plant closet grow probably 2 solid ozs :thumbsup:

how late can u give them molasses and how soon can u ? can i not use bud candy and just molasses?

Quote Originally Posted by veggii
    It would be very nice if more growers could chime in on problems&fixes from using molasses, as this person appears too be the only person thats ever had a problem using molasses,and i believe alot more growers have had problems with molasses that way us noobi's can fix things if we run into problems with molasses as this thread highly recommends, alot will try too use it.

can you please give more info on plain white sugar table sugar , how much to use 1 teaspoon per gallon? what kind of problems can you run into?

also texasgrass I wrote in my above about the article chapters compressed together makes hard too read I wrote the wrong word I meant paragraph's
    I couldn't remember the word last nite paragraph's paragraph's paragraph's lol man my memory is jacked up .:wtf:

Hi All... New guy here but thought I would share my experience with Molasses on my last grow...

Grew in Fox Farm Ocean Blend, watering from the top in 5gal buckets...

Used 1 table spoon per gallon the whole Bloom process, except the last two weeks when I was flushing...

Throw some dank sticky buds ( almost to sticky, if there is such a thing ) but I did notice towards the end of the grow the plant appeared to have a "crystallized" structure in the leafs as you could snap a leaf in half with a clean break...

Also Bugs love Molasses as well, get the no pest strips out...

In conclusion:

This time I'm cutting back to 1 table spoon per gallon every 3rd of 4th watering as suggested earlier in this thread...

During Bloom plants are taking in a lot of water ( mine were downing 2gal a day ) so I think it was to much of a good thing...

Any way... That's my story...

Quote Originally Posted by the image reaper
    I don't think honey would be a suitable substitute for molasses ... honey is nature's 'antibiotic', it could kill beneficial organisms in the solution/soil, I would think ... :jointsmile:
    Honey works WELL in a HYDRO SYSTEM though....

Quote Originally Posted by the image reaper
    I don't think honey would be a suitable substitute for molasses ... honey is nature's 'antibiotic', it could kill beneficial organisms in the solution/soil, I would think ... :jointsmile:
    If you want something to kick the beneficial organisms into overdrive, try the Organic Gem. This stuff is a hugh microb grower it kicks the benificial up like crazy. And in Univerisity tests it out performs 10-10-10 synthetic fert. One grower i talked to said his yeild went up over 50% and the use of it helps reduce and in some cases eliminate insect infestations. It is not a insecticide. It is one kickass organic fertilizer. It can be used on the soil to build benificals and feed the plant and also as a foilar. Organic Gem has essential vitamins, amino acids, enzymes, and growth hormones all of which are so vital for optimum plant health and growth. And it makes the herbs taste better.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast