Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1614 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Molasses is Sweet Organic Goodness

Quote Originally Posted by dragonrider
    I put about 1 - 2 ounces of blackstrap molasses in a 5 gallon bucket of water when I make compost tea. In the bucket, put mollases and water and a 1-lb mesh "teabag" of finished compost. Add an aquarium bubbler to keep it oxygenated and let it brew for a day. The idea is that the mollasses provides food to the micro-organisms in the compost, and those micro-organisms extract into the tea. Use the extracted tea as a liquid soil ammendment to feed the soil around plants.

You can also use this tea to really charge up a compost pile that is failing to heat up. If you build a new pile from leaves or other dry material that won't heat up, adding a nitrogen source such as "green" material, blood meal, or manure will help, but also wetting with mollases compost tea seems to really get things going --- I think it has do do with the innocualtion of well-fed highly active micro-organisms in the tea.
    Be VERY careful with Blood meal. Its nice but not when it Nukes things. I can't stress this enough this is almost as dangerous as it is useful. Everything else you said is pretty much spot on. I use 1tsp of Molasses with Veg in Tea and 2tsp @ Heavy flowering, then lay off back down to 1tsp at finishing week.The only other thing I add that I haven't seen posted is Fish Fert for Veg and Bat Guano (which is pretty water soluble) rated 1-12-0.5 at Flowering. The Micro's love them both and along with the Molasses helps them multiply while keeping the numbers high due to no less than 2-*-* N ratio numbers.

i really really appreciate this thread i been having this bottle of organic molasses in my cabinet for the longest and didn't know what to do with it. I was wondering if you could use it in a aeroponic system. I didn't see anything in the thread about soil less systems and wondered how much should i use in a 5 gal res. Thanks for all the info and I really really love this forum im on here like three times a day.

Great thread....started using molasses....in week 5 of my grow of the Larry OG....and the Skywalker OG.....2 teaspoons per gallon every other water...

here are the results....I also use sea kelp, fish emulsion, and batt quanno, along with hydrozine......with happy frog soil....and 3 gallon grow bags in a SOG style grow.

Attachment 277474

I added molasses my last grow about halfway through the flowering period -- 1-2 T in a 5 gallon jug to start, and then up to 1 tablespoon/gallon towards the end. I didn't know the science on it but I heard good reports. Not sure what to give credit to, as I had followed a lot of helpful info, but the results were spectacular. Huge sticky buds. Now that I know the science on it, I'm starting earlier (about 3 weeks into flowering), and blessing the sweetness. The girls must have a sweet tooth! Thanks so much for this great thread. My only problem in this climate (humid) last grow was gray mold, and those dense sticky buds really can rot fast! I'm using Serenade this time ... onward and upward!

PS, this is for an outdoor container grow.

6.   Advertisements

do you think grape syrup/molasses would work as only fertilizer at indoor growing? I dont wanna put bat shit next to my bed...

Quote Originally Posted by deathpray
    do you think grape syrup/molasses would work as only fertilizer at indoor growing? I dont wanna put bat shit next to my bed...
    Why the fuck not? Composted bat guano doesn't smell that bad. Now the fish emulsion fertilizers I'd understand.

Composted guano or manure smells a heck of a lot better than NEEM OIL! Another reason I'm not sure on fish emulsions personally.

Working Molasses into our feeding schedule ourselves. As nothing to compare to, I'm sure I'll like the results.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456