Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1706 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Molasses is Sweet Organic Goodness

I would use plain white sugar then as I know nothing about the others, and honey does have some odd properties...
    Anyway sugars are just a supplement... they can wait a few days

2.   Advertisements

Raspect & Peace
    ProBaBLy....Gonna Go some things on weekend....Only have 13 watt CFL,
    15 Watt FLOURO TUBE, NOT MAJOR GROW, EXSPERIMENTAL For LATER.
    Few SMALL BROWN SPOTS on couple of LEAVES, THINK It was HEAT from another REGULAR 60 Watt House BULB that was Getting Hot on PLANT.
    Seems to have stopped since new BULB...More GROTH of NODS.
    Tamato aBout 9 Inches TALL, SKINNEY, NODS COMING Out on 5th set of Leaves.
    Was reading Syrup Ingredients, It has MoLasses In it along with other things Rasta was saying a TAMATO PLANT NEEDS. Thought the HONEY Might have same & make it nyce SWEET & STICKY, Just my TWISTED THINKING.
    PLUS , Have NOT SMOKED ANY Nyce HERB since LEAVING WEST COAST 8 Months ago. Um READY TO TURN myself In...GOIN CRAZY....
    APPRECIATE Any HELP

PLANT a SEED.....WATCH It GROW.....
    one PLANT.....SEEMS HEALTHY......LOT of RASTA LOVE:rastasmoke: ....oneLove

Raspect & Peace
    My FRIEND Dropped a SEED From some Nyce West Coast HerB
    In Some Good OLD SOIL and Been Watching It GROW. ONLY PURIFIED BOTTLED water, LAST 2 Waters from SINK, WATER every other day, Just enough to DAMP SOIL, NOT DRAINING Out Botton of pot.
    Going Back to Bottle WATER day after tomorrow. Thought SINK water might have something init good for PLANT....???
    Each SET of LEAVES have NODS growing out of them,
    NO SEX, BUT SEX DONT REALLY Matter, If FEMALE Even Better.
    Just APPRECIATE the HERB. What you Reccommend for SmaLL ORGANIC TAMATO? On 18/6 Last 4 days.....although had few days of 24/7....
    aBout 4 weeks...Give or Take a few days....Since BULB change they seem to Be getting STRONGER, They were TALL & LEANING, Had to tie to Popcycle stick to Hold Up. Now Pulling Stick ..might Remove stick soon.

PLAT a SEED.....WATCH It GROW....
    One PLANT....Seems To Be HEALTHY....LOT of RASTALOVE:rastasmoke: ....oneLove

Stick to the molassis. Just because the other things are like sugary syrup ect they aren't concentrated like molassis so its not going to work as well.

I start by using 1 TEASPOON per GALLON starting around week 2 flowering and increase to 1 TABLESPOON per GALLON as the weeks go on. By the end I use about 1 and a 1/2 to 2 Tablespoons per gallon , then 2 weeks before Harvest I flush with pure water. I have had excellent results!

I put about 1 - 2 ounces of blackstrap molasses in a 5 gallon bucket of water when I make compost tea. In the bucket, put mollases and water and a 1-lb mesh "teabag" of finished compost. Add an aquarium bubbler to keep it oxygenated and let it brew for a day. The idea is that the mollasses provides food to the micro-organisms in the compost, and those micro-organisms extract into the tea. Use the extracted tea as a liquid soil ammendment to feed the soil around plants.

You can also use this tea to really charge up a compost pile that is failing to heat up. If you build a new pile from leaves or other dry material that won't heat up, adding a nitrogen source such as "green" material, blood meal, or manure will help, but also wetting with mollases compost tea seems to really get things going --- I think it has do do with the innocualtion of well-fed highly active micro-organisms in the tea.
    More of the same: Renger\'s Rantings

Now I understand why my Dad used to water seedlings with a weak molasses based tea. I used to discount it as a folk tradition because he grew up on a sugar cane farm.
    Typing does not equal activism.

Sweet, so I'm not insane! I usually put in a good few tablespoons a few weeks before harvest, just when they're really starting to thicken up. I think it helps both taste and bud size!

This deserves a sticky somewhere. Maybe after alittle reformating and being put into somebody's own words it could be set up like a Molasses FAQ.

Quote Originally Posted by MedaCynMan72
    How about Honey or Syrup? Would that work same as Molasses?
    With honey's antibacterial and anti-fungal properties, is it really a good idea to use as a suppliment?
    Would hate to see everyone kill the bioactivity in their soil.
    Canadian Honey Council - Antibacterial properties of honey

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Trichome
    With honey's antibacterial and anti-fungal properties, is it really a good idea to use as a suppliment?
    Would hate to see everyone kill the bioactivity in their soil.
    Canadian Honey Council - Antibacterial properties of honey
    very good observation :thumbsup:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast