Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1790 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Tube 6 " or Cool Sun 6" Reflector

Cool Tube 6 " or Cool Sun 6" Reflector (sun systems inc) ???? 600w lumatek through it. Which one is best!
    dieselSmoke Reviewed by dieselSmoke on . Cool Tube 6 " or Cool Sun 6" Reflector Cool Tube 6 " or Cool Sun 6" Reflector (sun systems inc) ???? 600w lumatek through it. Which one is best! Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Cool tube or not to cool tube? I'm having a hard time getting help on this site.

Im not really sure but they look mostly the same; the Cool Tube (High Tech Garden Supply) has external reflectors to focus the light more so it seems on par with the Cool Sun 6" (High Tech Garden Supply), but i would go with the Easy Cool 6 over the cool tube mainly because of ease of bulb replacement. Heck, what do I know, I'm stuck with a crappy Lightwing reflector atm... :wtf:

The Lumenaire 6 is wider.

Discount Hydroponics - LumenAire 6 Reflector

With this setup they're priced about the same at DH as HTG...

Discount Hydroponics - Lumatek Electronic Lighting

I like my Cooltube 6'' w/Lummatek switchable 600watts....but this is my first grow. All i know is with my 600 hps and 430cfm canfan i can put my hand on the underside of tube all day with no such heat....GL with your grow:thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by TurboNugs
    I like my Cooltube 6'' w/Lummatek switchable 600watts....but this is my first grow. All i know is with my 600 hps and 430cfm canfan i can put my hand on the underside of tube all day with no such heat....GL with your grow:thumbsup:
    I think that is a good combo too but as I recall HTG charges extra for the reflector wings for the 6" cooltube. I personally am not big on cooltubes without wings.

Quote Originally Posted by leadmagnet
    I think that is a good combo too but as I recall HTG charges extra for the reflector wings for the 6" cooltube. I personally am not big on cooltubes without wings.
    I got an oldie cooltube but it does have the little wing/reflector resting on top...i like how cool they run, but im thinking i have to get another cooltube or something cause my single tube 600w just doesn't spread the light enough. Oh well back to the drawing board.:wtf:

I used to run a 6" cooltube, yes it was great at taking away the heat. But it had some down sides. Cooltubes create hot spots and dont really spread the light. They are great at focusing in 1 area but if you have 9 pots in 3x3 grid only the middle one will get the punch.

Just get a nice sealed reflector with 6" air flanges to spread that light some more. Even better if it comes with a diffuser directly behind the bulb against the reflector.

:hippy:

Hey Turbo, with a 600w and a 430cfm fan do you have a carbon filter hooked to that as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Weedologist
    Hey Turbo, with a 600w and a 430cfm fan do you have a carbon filter hooked to that as well?
    Not yet...saving up for one and/or making one soon. The ladies are 2 weeks into flower so i need to pull the trigger on something soon.

I do have a 90* deg bend in my ducting to cool my ballast also (pulling air across the ballast). I did the bend to "restrict" the fan cause my squirrel fan could not keep up with in-line...so my room was getting a lot of negative pressure. So the bend will be there until i get a carbon filter. I think it will have enough cfm to still filter and cool the light just fine. The only thing im sad about is not being able to cool my ballast that way anymore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast