Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1596 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

JaMarcus Russell = Mr Purple Drank

Now we know what was in his Gatorade bottle all those games when he moved like a slug and couldn't avoid the rush of a tortoise.

Thank you for cutting him and making him some other sports fan's issue.
    eastbaygordo Reviewed by eastbaygordo on . JaMarcus Russell = Mr Purple Drank Now we know what was in his Gatorade bottle all those games when he moved like a slug and couldn't avoid the rush of a tortoise. Thank you for cutting him and making him some other sports fan's issue. Rating: 5
    Voting GOP this year is like giving the keys back to the drunk driver that wrecked the economy when they show no remorse for their actions and haven\'t even sobered up yet.

2.   Advertisements

I guess with all that money he has nothing better to do but be an idoit & get in trouble. Hey Russell, consult your family to get you out of this one....lol...what a joke

Un-named teammates from Oakland said it was common knowledge he liked to "party and chill". See below:
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++

The Raiders released Russell, 24, in May after the No. 1 overall draft pick in 2007 posted a record of 7-18 as a starting quarterback. The quarterback's weight issues were well documented, teammates openly questioned his work ethic, and there were also constant whispers of Russell's use of codeine syrup.

Codeine syrup is sometimes used in a recreational drink known as "purple drank," "lean" or "sizzurp" as a means of enhancing the effects of alcohol. A popular drink in the South, it is a mix of prescription-strength cough syrup that contains the narcotic codeine and the antihistamine promethazine, with alcohol or 7-Up and Jolly Ranchers candy.

The Raiders had no comment, and neither Russell nor his agents could be reached for comment. Several former Oakland teammates had no comment, but one said, "It's not a big surprise; everyone knew he liked to party and chill."

Houston rapper Al D explained the effects of using codeine syrup in a recreational drink to the Houston Chronicle in 2007, saying, "When I was drinking 'drank,' I wasn't thinking about what it could be doing to my health. I'm 180 pounds, and when I was on drank, I was 240. It got so much sugar in it that it blows you up, and it makes you eat a lot, and then you got the soda."

The Raiders paid Russell more than $39 million during his three years with the team. They are seeking a return of $9.55 million on the basis that the money was paid as an advance against future years of his contract.

The Raiders cut Russell after trading for Washington quarterback Jason Campbell, but his release came only after they risked losing another big chunk of change by having Russell attend a minicamp. If he had gotten hurt, he would have collected an additional $6.45 million.

Oakland cut him the following week, saving that $6.45 million, but is still on the hook for $3 million guaranteed for this season.

Russell completed 52.1 percent of his passes (354 of 680) with the Raiders for 4,083 yards, with 18 touchdowns and 23 interceptions in 31 games. He lost 15 of his 25 fumbles, was sacked 70 times and had a passer rating of 65.2.

The Jets were said to have a slim interest in signing him last week, but told the New York Daily News on Monday that they will pass.

Read more: Russell accused of illegal codeine possession
    Voting GOP this year is like giving the keys back to the drunk driver that wrecked the economy when they show no remorse for their actions and haven\'t even sobered up yet.

Great stuff......used to drink this shit like candy back in the good ole days. If its not purple.....its not drank......orange & yellow Tuss arent the same.

Now the 49ers just need to get rid of Alex 'Suck' Smith.

what a waste, well hope campbell can turn them around

Rumor has it that JaMarcus Russell will spend 1 season in the CFL (Canadian Football League) and then try out for the Houston Texans next year as a back up QB.

The hell with the raiders! If they are going to pick someone number 1 in the draft, they should have done a background check and some investigating before signing someone like him. They deserve what they get, that's why they always lose!

yeah, we should have calvin Johnson right now instead of "He who shall not be named" but lots of teams have busted w/ 1st pick....ryan leaf anyone?

Not to mention this offseason will be cambells first time w/ the same playbook 2 years in a row...i think that alone makes him deserve another shot....that and we swept the Chargers twice w/ him....I was a bruce "Almighty" guy but cambell won me over...

even though the past couple of games our center has been playing good I still think we should replace him in the draft, or at least get some competition in there. Same as RG/RT depending on how B.cambell looks...maybe take a look at another LB position(not Mcclain or wimbley)....the safties scare me but there playing well enough to stick with em at this point