Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1761 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

My Ghetto CFL grow box. WITH PICS!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBudReaper
    I thinks its great. Maybe a degree or two higher than normal but thats a maaaybe. Even if it did not a proble. But the amount of light that that freaking mirror reflects is crazy. The sides are getting alot more light which is good.

Can dust be a big problem for my little ones in my box?
    yo dude something that will make your plants grow a lot bigger would be to take out the mirror you are using. mirrors absorb a lot of light and you want something that reflects light to increase your light in the grow area. i would suggest getting the glossy white poster boards and line the dresser with those. or paint it white but the poster boards would be cheaper. white is the best color to reflect light, plus considering the small space your plants are in, you would be getting tons of light onto the sides of your plants and dramatically increase your yield.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBudReaper
    Put up a big ass mirror on the back side of the dresser ( a piece of wood was there before )... Huge difference. Day 7 white hairs forming on every node.
    yo you need to throw up some white or mylar in there for reflection.
    mirrors absorb a ton of light and you need something to reflect your light.
    i suggest by getting white glossy poster boards. this is the cheapest way to line your grow area with. if you have white throughout your entire grow space, mainly because your space is small, you with see a significant difference in your yield.

Got tired of posting. Harvested about a zip and half of one, needed weed choped the otherone down kinda early and made hash.:rastasmoke::rastasmoke:

END

Hey budreaper! I'm posting to de-bunk something I read on the other forum I just jumped from. You know which one I mean. I have a BS in hort (1974), worked in commercial greenhouses forever, grown & bred weed for over 40 yrs & kinda resented the info I read over 'there' that said fluorescents were for beginners. NOT TRUE! Hurricane Sandy f'ed my house roof, I'm living in a camper for now, sm disability check, running EVERYTHING on two extention cords, & I'm growing & BUDDING with fluorescents! Yeah, they're T5's, 2' gro lights on each end, 4' 2 tube grolight down the center pointed up for under lighting. Throw in a few red LED party lights for the last two wks of flowering for a little red spectrum. Not a hefty harvest, but good buds, fast turnover, enough for personal to tide me over between outdoor grows. If you can get your lumens & spectrum where you need them to be, the actual light source is not important. I LOVE fluorescents, they cheaply suit my purpose. Doesn't make me an amateur, just makes me cheap & that's fine with me. My space is 2 1/2' x 4 1/2' up to about 4 1/2' if I need it for stretch in bud. So don't think you have to spend a lot of money to make things work. As long as its a small personal grow, small plants, this is all you need. I would recomend up grading to the T5's when ever you can afford it, less heat & higher light output. So don't let anybody kick you in the teeth & feel like you need to spend a lot of money to be a 'real grower'. That's BS. Growing conservatively GREATLY reduces the risk of getting busted too. (Just don't show everybody. Pissed off 'friends' can turn rat really quick).
    -- So feel confident in your grow & the way you're doing it. ~~~PEACE!~~~

P.S. I know this is an older thread, but when I read your post & saw the link from the 'other' forum, I just felt the need to de-bunk some bullshit. So hopefully some beginners (or someone just wanting to get started) will see this & not be discouraged or intimidated. Not just beginners, but anyone on a low fixed income. Just tired of bullys.

Yut, Budreaper has not posted here in over two years. And this thread has no mention the value of florescent lighting. Was this meant for some other thread, Cat? I started out indoor growing with the same fluorescent fixture I currently use. With the proper care you can grow a great stash for little money for the electrical energy and very low heat byproduct. Below is from my early grow log here on cannabis.com.

Attachment 296241

Attachment 296240

Ha! More than another thread, its a messed up link from another forum! LMAO! (The growery). They were kinda bashing fluorescent lights. I got pissed & jumped in to defend. Budreaper had linked to this thread for some fluorescent grow pics, I came over & looked, went back to the growery to reply to his post, but my post ended up here. That's why I edited with the ps. That was kinda strange. I've had posts end up on other threads that weren't the ones I was on, but that's the first time I've ever had my post jump forums. I didn't even know that was possible! Maybe my phone's messing up again. Had a virus so I downloaded a program to clean it up yesterday, so its possible that didn't work so well. Hey, it's a smart ph on stupid pills! Expect anything, this wouldn't be the first android to crash on me. I need another computer. Actually less complicated.
    -- Babies are looking good. A little long in the stem because I couldn't get them close enough to the light without raising them off of the heating mat, & I didn't want to do that yet because its cold in here. But nice straight fat & sturdy little stem that won't fall over as these first sets of 3 leaflets start to unfurl. Yep, they're peaking out already. Good color, good growth. Gotta defend the fluorescents! Can't see the good genetics without good lighting. ( that actually made me mad enough to consider dropping the 'other' forum! Am I being too touchy?)

Stick to your guns there Catbuds, and go with what works for you. Nobody will ask what they were grown under when you are smokin' em.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789