Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1409 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Looking for a good reliable source of clones

Quote Originally Posted by Delta9Caregivrs
    Thats a confident pitch in july!.... respect I would love that deal with my last vendor... I just had to scrap that long standing relationship... because I was pulling more cutts than selling... We inspect everyday and actually know what to look for which seems to be a rare thing among disp owners

That should be a part of this " good moral character" qualifiquations..
    Would you sell plants that you know to be infected with pest or mildew? if you answer yes then you dont belong in the industry.. and if all disp owners answered No then they would be Lying their asses off... customer surveys shows this...

Releaf... you know anything about selling clones under 1284? any changes..?

I should have some OG Kush in the shop tues if thats on yr list.. $5 unrooted

There is absolutely nothing in bill 1284 that even mentions clones. Or the distribution or selling of clones to patients from a dispensory?

Unfortunately--my experience from buying clones from dispensories has been a complete disaster. There hasn't been one yet that wasn't infected with something or was just a weak or poor producing plant. Also a few of the clones I got from dispensories didn't turn out to be the plant they said it was.

So went to seeds and have finally had some luck.

2.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rightwinger
    Man--I wouldn't be buying clones from any dispensory. In the first place--it is highly counter-productive for them to be selling clones to individuals--so they can grow their own--versus becoming a patient of theirs. If you're buying from them--the odds that they have some kind of disease or bug is very high. C. Spgs. is infested with spider mites right now--and I have heard of thripe--which is almost impossible to get rid of.

Anyone taking the time --energy--and expense to sell clones at 10 bucks to a dispensory for re-sale--is losing money--so be very careful.

The most certain way to get a healthy strain is through a seed bank--and start from seeds.
    I am a high volume consumer, couple of ounces or more per month. Buying from a dispensary at $50 per 1/8, that's $800, and $50 isn't even top quality. Hatch in highlands ranch has sold medicine for $80 per 1/8th.

That's a lot of money to be spending on medicine, wouldn't you agree? Partnering with a caregiver, I have access to medicine for $250, but the quality still isn't the same as $50 from a dispensary. I'm still looking for that perfect small home grow caregiver, but that's gonna be difficult to find with 1284.

I decided to start growing my own medicine, to help defray the costs of my above average consumption. I started out buying a clone from a dispensary simply because I didn't know where else to go. I appreciate the fact that I could have access to the same strains that I love to smoke. It's also a dispensary, so they have more credibility than someone on the street as far as bugs go. They kept all of the plants in the main area so if there were pests it would probably be evident.

I wanted more than a single plant in a solo cup, so I purchased another 2 clones from craigslist, from someone advertising clones. I did a little research and sent a couple of emails back and forth. It was apparent to me that this person was quite experienced at growing, and I believed him enough when he said his plants were pest free. We met, checked cards, and I was on my way. He has since spent a couple of hours with me on the phone, answering questions I have about growing, nutrients, etc.

Why do you think the odds are high that these plants purchased from a dispensary have pests?

This dispensary was already my primary caregiver. They got what they wanted from me, which is that piece of paper. They don't care to see me for a year, when it's time to re-up the paperwork. I think it's a little ridiculous to assume that if a dispensary sells clones, then they lose that customer. I have yet to see a home grow that has quality even approaching the best stuff I've seen at a dispensary. I don't have much experience though.

It seems to me that people are making a very good living at selling clones on craigslist. I've spoke to someone who just grows huge, tall, bushy plants. At 6 feet, he takes 100 clones and sells them all. He has no idea of genetics, even indica/sativa. He's clean enough to never have problems with bugs, so he makes a pretty penny spending an hour or two per week with a couple of plants. Again, just another reason to go to a trusted source, which I consider a dispensary to be.

Well went up to Denver to go clone hunting my wife and I went to the releaf center first because another d was supposedly holding me down some strains I was looking for.....I've gotta say it was probably the nicest dispensery I have been to and damn were those clones healthy!!! I picked up a clone of manatuskin thunder fuck they threw in free cookies and a joint of the mtf so I could try it out!!!!! I will be coming back for mor clones from you guys I couldn't be happier

then I headed out to northern lights for my six clones what a night and day difference the guy there brings me into the back room behind the dispensery it looked like a dungon there were dead seedlings everywhere the clones initially looked ok but soon as I got em under the light I saw that they where COVERED in pm...... I was pissed I drove all the way to Denver to visit these guys and they tried to fuck me over thankfully the day wasn't a total waste I'm pumped about this mtf that joint had me bombed!!!lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbandflowian
    Well went up to Denver to go clone hunting my wife and I went to the releaf center first because another d was supposedly holding me down some strains I was looking for.....I've gotta say it was probably the nicest dispensery I have been to and damn were those clones healthy!!! I picked up a clone of manatuskin thunder fuck they threw in free cookies and a joint of the mtf so I could try it out!!!!! I will be coming back for mor clones from you guys I couldn't be happier

then I headed out to northern lights for my six clones what a night and day difference the guy there brings me into the back room behind the dispensery it looked like a dungon there were dead seedlings everywhere the clones initially looked ok but soon as I got em under the light I saw that they where COVERED in pm...... I was pissed I drove all the way to Denver to visit these guys and they tried to fuck me over thankfully the day wasn't a total waste I'm pumped about this mtf that joint had me bombed!!!lol
    I think this is almost the same as if I would have come in with the guy. Can I get a free clone, cookie and joint? Because that would be awesome.

Obviously I am not serious.

So if purchasing clones are so problematic, why not try seed? What's a good local seed source and for the knowledgeable out there, what does the law say on owning seeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbandflowian

Keep us updated on how it's going! Glad you saw that PM before it made it home with you.

So if purchasing clones are so problematic, why not try seed? What's a good local seed source and for the knowledgeable out there, what does the law say on owning seeds.
    Seed takes longer and can be more problematic if you don't have much experience. There are some strains you really can't track down by seed, as well. For intermediate to advanced growers, seed is the way to go unless you really trust the cutting.

Ordering online or traveling to get them are two of the most reliable methods, but that brings us to your last question. To my knowledge it's illegal for cannabis seeds to cross state lines, one of the big reasons we stock Centennial Seeds. They are 100% local.

We are no longer selling clones!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12