Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1667 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Hi this is my 1st post & I have questions.

Hi im 42 my husband is 52. He has degenertive disc disease in his lower back and I have osteo arthritus in my knees and hips and feet. Were both in alot of pain 24/7 but we just tough it out and take a pain pill but we both hate taking pain pills. we use to smoke just to be smoking but quit about 3-4 years ago because of job drug testing as well as he is on a supervised drivers license from having 4 dui's almost 30 years ago & has to see "the man" every 3 months for life with drug testing. Florida is NOT smoker friendly. anyways i was wondering if yall think with our pain would we qualify for being a patient?
    now the other part is not for the patient part but more so for the beauty of alaska we were thinking of selling our home and moving to alaska. i have herd tho that moving from florida to alaska can be like moving to another country. things are defently not the same. as with yalls cold and jobs sunlight and darkness things we in florida probley cant even begin to understand or imagine. i would assume youd be crazy to have any heat other than wood as electric can be interupted by snow etc and fuel idk how that works does it freeze? id want to livein or atleast near where i can see the "lights" but id want to live near bigger towns with ample shopping and hospital etc. the older you get the closer you should be to these things id think. oh and what about the grizzley bears??? would anyone know anything about being paid to live in alaska? and my husband said if we live there 5 years the goverment will give us the land?? where is the place that would be beautiful near town and the lights with as least bears as possible? my husband is working building bridges but with his back and age he says he doubts he will make it the rest of this year. and im not able to work due to not being able to walk or stand on my feet long and i have no skills i was always a stay home mom so what kind of work could we do to make an income that would take care of us in the alaska climate? i know there are probley questions i dont even know to ask so if anyone can give any info at all on any of this id appreciate it. he wants to maybe move there within the next 2 years so this should give me time to find things out. thanks alot
    sallysue Reviewed by sallysue on . Hi this is my 1st post & I have questions. Hi im 42 my husband is 52. He has degenertive disc disease in his lower back and I have osteo arthritus in my knees and hips and feet. Were both in alot of pain 24/7 but we just tough it out and take a pain pill but we both hate taking pain pills. we use to smoke just to be smoking but quit about 3-4 years ago because of job drug testing as well as he is on a supervised drivers license from having 4 dui's almost 30 years ago & has to see "the man" every 3 months for life with drug testing. Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Here would be a good starting point to help you find information regarding Alaska: Alaska State Chamber of Commerce - Home

And here is one of the finer things to ever come from Alaska: Marijuana Strain Library - Matanuska Tundra Marijuana Strain

Best of luck!

thank you

Yo, y'ls can talk to me. I'm a Native Yupik/ German, got family/ friends up here. I know just enough to get yur trip up here a little more comfy. I am a patriotic kind of guy who is still independent-conservative w/out being overly opinionated. Like to make more friends anyway. . so write to me an I'll see what I can do for ya two. first start with the lowest fares- probably on Alaska Airlines webpage. then there's lots of "affordable" rooms or apartments in classifieds (Anchorage Daily News) and craigslist. the bus passes are reduced fare for disabled- doctors note here. I guess aroun $20 some/ month, lots more stuff I can help yas out with, like I said jus send me a line, if you want visit my facebook site: Nake Miller . . alright, see ya later guys.