Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1678 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

cannabis and bodybuilding

First of all, I apologize to the mods if this is in the wrong place. I didn't see a 'bodybuilding' section in the Hobby thing, and thought this would be the next best thing.

My question is for those of you that work out and partake in cannabis. Is it a good idea? I know the munchies, supposed mellowing out/unmotivation, and the smoke itself could be bad. Thing is, I don't get the munchies. Smoking weed is what gave me the inspiration and motivation to start working out, and I could always vape or ingest it just in case the smoke is a really bad idea. My real question is this: Does the THC or other alkaloids do anything to your body to inhibit, make difficult, or even prevent muscle growth and mass?
    HitokiriParagon Reviewed by HitokiriParagon on . cannabis and bodybuilding First of all, I apologize to the mods if this is in the wrong place. I didn't see a 'bodybuilding' section in the Hobby thing, and thought this would be the next best thing. My question is for those of you that work out and partake in cannabis. Is it a good idea? I know the munchies, supposed mellowing out/unmotivation, and the smoke itself could be bad. Thing is, I don't get the munchies. Smoking weed is what gave me the inspiration and motivation to start working out, and I could always Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

I am unaware of any studies done specifically to measure cannabis use and muscle growth. That said, I highly doubt it would hinder your body building. Arnold Schwarzenegger was Mr Universe about a thousand times and he smoked reefer like it was going out of style.

yeah wroked for arnold and lou ferigno and alot of guys like that back then the dude in the cheech and chong movie at the gym was founder of golds gym and he was buying from cheech and chong lol

I currently play football and lift weights.The gym is a mile away from my house, so im up there all the time. I currently can leg press 670lbs.x12 and bench 200lbs.nothing too, impresive but I believe the only way to gain mussle is to have a hard fullbody workout that burns and have a good diet .I mean if you want to look like a strong man you must eat like one.taking in excess calories and protien is nessesary to build mussle.Eat thing like eggs,tuna,penut butter, banannas,and purhaps invest in protien powder(whey) witch will create ideal conditions for mussle growth.

its a marathon not a sprint